It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep It Simple, Stupid: Using Logic to Look at Tragedy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I have a feeling this post is going to upset some people. Normally, I try to avoid upsetting folks, but this needs to be said.

I’ve read a lot of threads on ATS over the years, and one thing I’ve noticed is that whenever there’s a tragedy in the news, folks are quick to question everything.

This is a good thing. Questioning, doubting, looking for answers….this is how we learn.

But we need to be logical in our thinking, and keep in mind the axiom: “Keep it simple, Stupid!” (KISS as its known).

So let’s examine the latest “false flag” event….the Boston Bombings with the KISS motto firmly in place.

One allegation I’ve read repeatedly is that those injured in the blast are actors. Now, let’s think this through, shall we?

The government (or whomever you like) wants to create a “false flag” event. They want to scare the public. Do you really think they would hire actors, plant a fake bomb, and then go to all the trouble of staging fake injuries and the like? That’s incredibly difficult to pull off, and runs a HUGE chance that a spectator will notice a person pouring fake blood on the ground or fitting prosthetic props on a double amputee. This is unnecessarily complicated.

If the government (or whomever) is evil enough to plan a false flag event, do you really think they would care enough about the public to fake the event and use actors? Wouldn’t it be more logical to actually blow up a bomb? Having real people injured adds credibility to the event. It touches more folks, the families and friends of the injured and dead. It evokes more sympathy and outrage from the community at large. And it appeals to more people on the national and international stage.

Whenever I read arguments that the victims are actors, or the injuries were faked, or the planes were holograms (911)….I think of KISS.

Keep It Simple, Stupid. Which is easier….setting off a real bomb, or hiring actors and faking everything...with the very real possibility you will be caught?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Indeed.

The most simple answer is usually the correct one.
Of course the govt and relevant political bodies will take advantage of whatever situation presents itself. But the US govt. Has proven time and again to be largely ineffective and inefficient.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
If the government (or whomever) is evil enough to plan a false flag event, do you really think they would care enough about the public to fake the event and use actors? Wouldn’t it be more logical to actually blow up a bomb? Having real people injured adds credibility to the event.

And moreover, if you're going to blow up a real bomb and kill real people, why would you even need to bus in a bunch of trained "crisis actors", when the ordinary citizens are there saying *exactly the same thing* anyway?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I agree. Hiring hundreds of actors to perpetrate this kind of "false flag" doesn't use compartmentalization and leaves the door wide open for someone to "spill the beans".

Occam's Razor... learn it. Live it. Love it.

SnF.

But then again... there is no logic in the chambers of the human heart. Couple that with the idea that not many people can admit to being wrong and you have a recipe for people to defend bad ideas almost to the death.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I’ve read a lot of threads on ATS over the years, and one thing I’ve noticed is that whenever there’s a tragedy in the news, folks are quick to question everything.

Perhaps it's because some people simply cannot allow for the fact that terrorist acts - and you can add your own reasoning behind that description - can still be perpetrated on American soil. Perhaps some people still believe that since 9/11 America is all-powerful, untouchable, invincible.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If you are processing a thread of an assertion it needs to be coherent.

For example, if the assertion is that the government staged it all and they are basically omnipotent, a piece of data that the government is partially or wholly inept isn't coherent. They can't be both evil genius and inept at the same time.

Incoherent==wrong

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
the simplest explanation is the most likely. So many people forget that. Guess what? the simplest explanation in Boston is that two sub-humans decided to hurt as many innocent people as possible to feed their own narcissism.

A conspiracy takes more energy and introduces more risk exponentially as the complexity of the operation grows. If there is a super elaborate scheme and 20 people know about it and there are cameras everywhere, the amount of energy you would have to invest to keep it all a secret goes asymptotic. Think about it. What goal or reward would be worth that risk?

rant off\

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

All excellent points. FYI - I changed the KISS meaning. Now it's "Keep It Stupid Sweetie" in respect for current intellectual trends.

F&

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Great post Smyleegirl. S&F

I always enjoy your posts.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is what I have been trying to say. The threads though keep getting closed so my response is in vain.

It seems pretty moronic to think that there is a need to try and pull off actors. Way to easy to be caught doing. It is much easier to just really blow people up. Will the government use this to meet their agenda? Sure. Is the government capable of pulling off faking something like this with actors? No chance.

The whole idea of actors gives all conspiracies and anyone who has questions a bad name.

Raist

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In other words - use your common sense.

You have been told, ATS!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass

Think about it. What goal or reward would be worth that risk?

I totally agree that the Boston bombing is probably just what it seems to be and paid actors is just silly... but looking at other conspiracies and what would be worth the reward, risk and/or goal?

Follow the money....Keeping it Simple!

costofwar.com...

edit on 23-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Were there really that many ATSers that questioned the reality of the bombings? I saw a lot of "false flag" stuff, which I assume means that the gov't were behind the bombings to further an agenda (which is almost equally implausible), but are there people out there that actually believe the bombing didn't happen? I know they came out for Sandy Hook, but, christ, we had the actual event on video with all the bloodied chaos this time. I find it hard to believe a thread saying "those people really had their legs blown off" is warranted... if it is, I'm deeply saddened...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

In other words - use your common sense.

You have been told, ATS!

Sadly the use of common sense and ATS together is becoming an oxymoron. Why do that when you can make things up and spread fear and doom or ignorance.

Raist

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Check out this thread, it is full of them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one has them as well.

It makes one want to bang their head against the wall.

Raist

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

You can find a few more "actor" claimers in these two threads.

Not all the posters are claiming this of course. It has though become an epidemic as of late. I recall there at one time being people that claimed 9/11 was the same way.

The worst one that would be funny if not for the tragedy is that some are claiming the guy who lost his legs is an actor, that he should have bled out and died, that his legs do not look real, that he does not look like he is in pain/shock. It is no wonder the majority of the public see those who question things as being loony's, these are the people that they see first.

Raist

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You made a thread about using logic to dissect tragedies...

You mentioned the Boston Marathon, and 9/11

For the boston marathon, you mentioned the "Fake Victims" thing, but conveniently neglected to mention the private military contractors with backpacks that were exactly like the bomb backpack.

And for 9/11 you conveniently forgot to mention all of the really juicy stuff, and went straight to the "Holographic planes" argument.

Tell me, considering that you have successfully strawmanned your way out of using any real logical debate on these two topics, why should anyone believe you?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You just asked a bunch of conspiracy theorist to use logic

I agree with you...but it's like asking an elephant to fly.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

You just asked a bunch of conspiracy theorist to use logic

I agree with you...but it's like asking an elephant to fly.

Op deliberately used strawmen arguments, and called it "Logic"

And YOU just deliberately used an attempt to ridicule to imply that Conspiracy theorists are not capable of logic.

Both of these are logical fallacies, and are proof of not being able to use logic to argue.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what the situation is, once a third person/party knows about it, it is no longer a secret. I am sorry, but with all of the cash available to the media these days, keeping a secret is nigh on an impossible thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join