learn more

Destroying the ego

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I've always enjoyed your posts, a lot of wisdom in them. But I'll tell you something... this wisdom has been around for thousands of years, and yet still humanity has not "awoken" to its truth. In fact, in percentage to population I would say even less people are aware of this. Not saying don't continue your message, you are obviously in love with it and that is great. Just don't allow other peoples confusion of this fact get you down... I know it has for me many times.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Yes, I agree completely.
It is what some cultures and schools of thought have described using different words, but is part of becoming an adult and self-empowered. Some call it an "awakening", an interesting description occurs in french psychology calling it "eating the Father"... different religions have rituals and myths to express this experience.
A wholeness is acheived, the separation of psyche brought together.

... and after you realize this? You are freed, no longer the aspects of what is in the circle, you are the paper on which the circle is drawn, as well as the circle itself. Part of a whole, and whole upon itself.

If this happens to you before you are old and alone in a retirement home, where you can cling only to that experience and ignore and reject physicality and matter completely...

What do you do when your child comes up to this body and looks up at it and says, "Mommy/daddy, I am hungry..."

Do you say, "dear child, hunger is an illusion. Your body , your existence is an illusion. We do not exist, we are nothing, we are everything, there is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow. You are both hungry and full, and neither at all."

Or do you just remain completely and totally out of this physical illusion and not move, not say anything, for there is no one else to speak to and no "you" to speak... no good or bad, no here or there to move between (for this is the ultimate truth).

Or do you remain part of you aware and one with that force, and another part simultaneously just relishing and dealing with this experience, in the illusion?

The child you have, or other loved ones in this illusion do not disappear when you find that state.

Before enlightment, chop wood, carry water
After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

It is, however, a personal experience. I cannot "show" it to you. I cannot prove I am of that force and awareness, and if I could, what would that serve? -Consider this, especially.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Yes, I agree completely.
It is what some cultures and schools of thought have described using different words, but is part of becoming an adult and self-empowered. Some call it an "awakening", an interesting description occurs in french psychology calling it "eating the Father"... different religions have rituals and myths to express this experience.
A wholeness is acheived, the separation of psyche brought together.

So, a working definition of the ego might be the state of consciousness that dominated you before that achievement.

A working definition of enlightenment would then be the state of consciousness that dominates you after.

The psyche is brought together... the 'sacred marriage' of the Jedi and the Force. Siddhi manifest.

Luke as the mystical initiate on a hero journey (monomyth)... and Star Wars as a mystical metaphor. This is the only responsible way to regard Star Wars, given the influence of Joseph Campbell on Lucas.

Do you say, "dear child, hunger is an illusion. Your body , your existence is an illusion. We do not exist, we are nothing, we are everything, there is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow. You are both hungry and full, and neither at all."

Or do you remains part of you aware and one with that force, and another part simultaneously just relishing and dealing with this experience in the illusion?

In my case, after the pilgrimage and ecstatic raptures and ego-death/rebirth I chose to come back to the world... back to my wife and friends and my job and so forth. Back 'to earth'. Part of me remains aware of the Force, but there is a void. A wound that I hope never heals. And part of me relishes seeing through the game of Lila and playing along... even though it is quite painful at times.

Lila (Sanskrit: लीला, IAST līlā), or Leela is a concept within Hinduism literally meaning "pastime", "sport" or "play". It is common to both non-dualistic and dualistic philosophical schools, but has a markedly different significance in each. Within non-dualism, Lila is a way of describing all reality, including the cosmos, as the outcome of creative play by the divine absolute (Brahman).

edit on 26-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting 'Star Wars' view on the subject. You do know JEDI, stands for JEsus DIsciple?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Interesting 'Star Wars' view on the subject. You do know JEDI, stands for JEsus DIsciple?

That's not the acronym you are looking for

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

What does the silly guy in the picture know about that..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

I've always enjoyed your posts, a lot of wisdom in them. But I'll tell you something... this wisdom has been around for thousands of years, and yet still humanity has not "awoken" to its truth. In fact, in percentage to population I would say even less people are aware of this. Not saying don't continue your message, you are obviously in love with it and that is great. Just don't allow other peoples confusion of this fact get you down... I know it has for me many times.

Peace.

Thank you - I always enjoy your posts as well.
It is amazing how the truth (that is so obvious) hides so well.

The same message brought up to date by Tony Parsons.

It is Tony's passion to share. I have no choice but to share as it is my passion too. I know it is not 'got' by many. I see that even those who are 'into it' don't get it so I don't get upset that it is not seen (got) on ATS.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

It is diguised by lies. aum

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

It is diguised by lies. aum

What does 'aum' mean?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The eternal, but I don't know for who the message was meant in fact.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The eternal, but I don't know for who the message was meant in fact.

Oh -'aum' is another way of spelling 'Om' - it is a sound.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't think the ego needs to be destroyed, without it we wouldn't be individuals and we probably wouldn't have any personality either. Ego can be bad but can also be good, it can help you be more confident and successful but it can also make people arrogant pricks. In fact you could argue that saying you are enlightened in any way is having an ego. Your associating yourself with your idea of what enlightenment is and saying your holier than thou.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Tell me Eonnn, what is it then we detest. Just tell me, Eonnn, tell me now. Let it explode in my face.

It's the freaking Liar now isn't it.

sigh..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I could however be very egotistical and say I don't detest anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's very difficult not creating short posts when I just want to say when someone is awesome. I guess I'm not sure they know I find them to be that way. But they can prove otherwise too. Don't get me down boy.

and what comes next?

"It takes no ego to understand." Ego is just interpretation, incomplete.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn
I don't think the ego needs to be destroyed, without it we wouldn't be individuals and we probably wouldn't have any personality either.

When people are married they become part of something new. They are still individuals but they are also part of something bigger.

From a certain point of view, the old bachelor could be said to have been 'destroyed' by the marriage.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by Eonnn
I don't think the ego needs to be destroyed, without it we wouldn't be individuals and we probably wouldn't have any personality either.

When people are married they become part of something new. They are still individuals but they are also part of something bigger.

From a certain point of view, the old bachelor could be said to have been 'destroyed' by the marriage.

And vice versa for the old spinster. Then again, are not new egos created with this new duality?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'll throw it in here..

Ego makes one unite with things, let's say 'kosmos'. When one is talked to about the kosmos then one, who is identified with it, can't take any judgement about it, one is not pleased with anything about it. Even when one says 'the kosmos is good'. You'd say thank you, but that didn't make you overcome your 'unitedness' with it. When one says about it, the kosmos is good, you experience the same. Ego solely judges you. When united with things, because of ego, one would understand it makes you more, since something extra is added to yourself, but in fact it makes you less. Maybe 'materialism' would be a great label for it. One materiales with the subject.

When one is 'materialised' with a car, and someone destroys the car, observe what happens to the person, a big mouth. But when one is not 'materialised'/identified with the car, one remains untouched. It's rather a silly thing. It makes people act funny, rather weird, rather unpredictable, while otherwise we know who they are.

How confused one can become because others are identified with other things.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Seperatedness:

to be seperated from yourself resulting in one doing things he wouldn't normally do.

Being stubborn:

Not able to think otherwise.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join