It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroying the ego

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

But if you continue to tell me I need to reject some layer of it, I will say no thank you. As you have seen.

I did not say 'reject' - I said study and watch and then you are free of it.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Have you ever studied 'Transactional Analysis'? Eric Berne wrote a book called 'Games People Play' - it investigates the dynamic in dialogue - it's very good.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Did you figure out where these thoughts come from itisnowagain? It's to have risen above them, but when one acts according to them, I'd only find these people to be evil. Wouldn't it be right to say foolish? It is foolish to be those thoughts. They are deceptive, those thoughts. They are not our nature. Often hilarious they are, but this only to the.... well, to... chldren of God. Now it's easy to lie we are all children of God. meaning, being according to God.

Starting this post I was reminded to the verse: Mark 7;15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Thoughts are of the appearance and the appearance is transitory and ever changing. What I am never appears or disappears.
The appearance is entertainment.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

okay, somehow kind of watching television then.

awesome shows all day, eh, itisnowagain.

Hence, your nickname, itisnowagain. profound that is

edit on 4-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Very funny. You've probably seen me go on and on about that theory and book on a bunch of threads. Is this supposed to be a joke ?

Of course I am familiar with it, otherwise I wouldn't be so enthousiastic and refering people to it.

Though the original observations seem accurate, I do not agree with the further idealistic notions that he went on to form.

There are a lot of religions and practices of that sort that took perfectly accurate observations of reality,
then applied an individuals values and preferences, and created an ideal to search or try to obtain, and claim it is for everyone!
Since values and preferences are constructs of the self, I think it is perfectly legitimate to to create such structures and intents with them- for oneself.

What I don't relate to is the application of values and preferences and goals as something static or universal.
What one intends to do with the observation about common behavior in human beings is up to each to determine.

I always felt that L. Ron Hubbard had some brilliant observations in Dianetics too... but then just veered off into what then should be done about that (that would be best for ALL people), that lost value for me.

You suggest that one either observes the self, or experiences being it.

I simply say back, I am BOTH and ONE (observer and observed) at the same time.

I am not "trapped" and needing to be "freed"! I choose to experience! I can choose to experience observer only (as in mediation), I can choose to experience observed only (as in situations of very public self consciousness)
but the truth for me is that I am both, whether I am experiencing one or the other, or both simultaneously and I choose to be!

If my eyes look at my toes,
They both remain a part of me.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

And once again though- in order to master or have influence upon anything, you must own it first!
If you are refusing to get on that horse, you will not be able to master it, if you are refusing to claim your mind, you will not master it.

I see each thought arise. I will not let it lead me astray. I get the joke of thought, concepts, ideas and beliefs. It is a source of amusement.

Lead you astray?
From where? What is your destination?

Lead me to believe I am something I am not.

Its, your statement above implies to me that you may be in stagnation with a set of beliefs (who's beliefs? as you keep posting videos of others' beliefs) and some other ATSers' accepted and ever-changing ways of growing the 'self' are considered not of the calibre gurus, etc, and, thus, to you, are not to be given any acceptance or validity. This act, to me, implies the 'ego' rises forward to defend those steadfast beliefs, and/or rises forward in an attempt to teach, sway, or 'help' those here that you view as not following the correct path to your perceived state of 'nothingness'; your end game.

I, for one, dance with nothingness during meditation, for it is useful to me for my spiritual needs and is enjoyed by me as a transient enrichment and not the way for enrichment of the whole being. I never let nothingness enter my dream states for this is a time for the physical/mental/soul/ego to come together to recharge, dance, and find more answers to the sometimes baffling questions we face in the conscious state.

Have you found that which you seek in those videos you keep posting? Do you own the beliefs in those videos, or do you want us to own them?

I just thought this might be an enjoyable read for all here.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Henley.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Very funny. You've probably seen me go on and on about that theory and book on a bunch of threads. Is this supposed to be a joke ?

Of course I am familiar with it, otherwise I wouldn't be so enthousiastic and refering people to it.

I am sorry - I have never seen you reference Eric Berne or his work (so no I was not joking) - maybe you could link me to one of those posts so I can read your assessment on his work and findings.
'Transactional Analysis' is a tool that therapists use in their work- I don't see it as a 'theory'.

And I had not heard the word 'Dianetics' until I read your post. I have looked it up and it is something to do with scientology - it has no connection to what I am pointing at.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
Have you found that which you seek in those videos you keep posting? Do you own the beliefs in those videos, or do you want us to own them?

I provide links to clarify what has been found here.
The videos are not giving anything for you to believe in - but you won't watch them to find out.

Have a listen and see if any of this video is about 'believing'. And see if there is anything given in the video that can be owned. Is the video promoting something to believe in?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You suggest that one either observes the self, or experiences being it.

I simply say back, I am BOTH and ONE (observer and observed) at the same time.

I am not "trapped" and needing to be "freed"! I choose to experience! I can choose to experience observer only (as in mediation), I can choose to experience observed only (as in situations of very public self consciousness)
but the truth for me is that I am both, whether I am experiencing one or the other, or both simultaneously and I choose to be!

If my eyes look at my toes,
They both remain a part of me.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

I do not suggest you do anything - or be anything.
It is you who says you must choose to be 'something'.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I provide links to clarify what has been found here.
The videos are not giving anything for you to believe in - but you won't watch them to find out.

Have a listen and see if any of this video is about 'believing'. And see if there is anything given in the video that can be owned. Is the video promoting something to believe in?

As I said to you before, I have watched your videos, my question was - since you keep posting them you must believe in them, you must own them, isn't that correct? That's your perogative, so is your choice to stagnate within them.

In answer to your question as to whether the videos you post is promoting a belief, then yes, it promotes their beliefs and thoughts.
edit on 5-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Just so I can understand where you are coming from:
Can you say exactly what it is that Mooji is telling you to believe? Can you say what he wants you believe? What beliefs and thoughts is Mooji promoting?
What belief do you believe I am stagnating with exactly?
edit on 5-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Can you say exactly what it is that Mooji is telling you to believe? Can you say what he wants you believe? What beliefs and thoughts is Mooji promoting?

When the woman questioned him about ego/mind vs self - he asked her which one is watching both of them - she pointed to the ego/mind - he told her she was wrong!!! Then he told her it is 'self' watching both of them.

Again, this is leading the confused or unsure into what he believes. He believes the self is watching both, so then he sways the woman in that direction.

I am asking you if you feel you are stagnating (forever now) within the same message of these videos you post, or are you positive this is the only state of being that works for you at this point in time (your forever now)?

When I was very much younger, I too, like you, turned to these philosophies or rather that one prevaling message, but now that I have much more life's experience and I have learned to think for myself and pursue my own individual path. That's all any of can do in this life to find one's individual truth, to grow, and become enriched souls.

Your particular life's experience may allow you to function well within that philosophy, that way of being. If it does, stay within those boundaries and be satisfied. I found that way of being unsatisfactory to me, I seek to enrich my being and hopefully enrich others via relationships and the sharing of myself (discussions here, for example).

edit on 5-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

When the woman questioned him about ego/mind vs self - he asked her which one is watching both of them - she pointed to the ego/mind - he told her she was wrong!!! Then he told her it is 'self' watching both of them.

Again, this is leading the confused or unsure into what he believes. He believes the self is watching both, so then he sways the woman in that direction.

He did go on to explain how it is the self that sees the arising and changing mind.

I am asking you if you feel you are stagnating (forever now) within the same message of these videos you post, or are you positive this is the only state of being that works for you at this point in time (your forever now)?

I am not stagnating. The message has stood the test of time - it is written at the root of all religions. Advaita Vedanta or the more modern name non - duality is at the root of all religion - it points to oneness, wholeness.

When I was very much younger, I too, like you, turned to these philosophies or rather that one prevaling message, but now that I have much more life's experience and I have learned to think for myself and pursue my own individual path. That's all any of can do in this life to find one's individual truth, to grow, and become enriched souls.

I did not turn to these 'philosophies' - I awoke and did not know what had happened until I stumbled across apparent others it had also happened to.

Your particular life's experience may allow you to function well within that philosophy, that way of being. If it does, stay within those boundaries and be satisfied. I found that way of being unsatisfactory to me, I seek to enrich my being and hopefully enrich others via relationships and the sharing of myself (discussions here, for example).

I do not function in a philosophy or within any boundary.
I am happy that you wish to continue your search.
I have nothing to sell you.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: Removed 'the realization of' because non duality is realized by no - one.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

He did go on to explain how it is the self that sees the arising and changing mind.

Its, that, again, is his opinion and his goods to be promoted and sold to the unsure. If it works for you, then all is well with the world, now isn't it?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Its, that, again, is his opinion and his goods to be promoted and sold to the unsure. If it works for you, then all is well with the world, now isn't it?

When I watch the video I follow what Mooji is saying, and after the lady has been really wanting this 'whatever it is' and then 'it is there!' and she says 'it is really nice!' - I know exactly what it is. It is everywhere so it is not that life stops - it is just that life is amazing.
I understand that if you did not get what the lady got you will not get it. Mooji shows a glimpse of something completely different, most don't see it - I have noticed (even those who go to his meetings).

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

When I watch the video I follow what Mooji is saying, and after the lady has been really wanting this 'whatever it is' and then 'it is there!' and she says 'it is really nice!' - I know exactly what it is. It is everywhere so it is not that life stops - it is just that life is amazing.
I understand that if you did not get what the lady got you will not get it. Mooji shows a glimpse of something completely different, most don't see it - I have noticed (even those who go to his meetings).

You don't understand, in that, I see it for me, I got it for me, and that's what's amazing.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mooji is promoting the belief that this state of self-awareness in the eternal now is the end in itself, that this is it, the ultimate answer to the ultimate question. There is an implied discouragement against seeking any further beyond the self-in-the-now state, as one is left with the impression if self is still dissatisfied, then self just does not "get it".

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I don't see it like that - I see him inviting people to glimpse the state of no mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join