It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial begins for officials accused in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

The trial is underway for a former Democratic official and a Board of Elections worker who are accused of being part of a plot that has raised questions over whether President Obama's campaign -- when he was a candidate in 2008 -- submitted enough legitimate signatures to have legally qualified for the presidential primary ballot.

The two face charges of orchestrating an illegal scheme to fake the petitions that enabled then-candidates Obama, and Hillary Clinton, to qualify for the race in Indiana.

Former longtime St. Joseph County Democratic Party Chairman Butch Morgan Jr. faces multiple felony conspiracy counts to commit petition fraud, and former county Board of Elections worker Dustin Blythe is charged with nine felony forgery counts and one felony count of falsely making a petition of nomination. The proceedings began Monday in South Bend.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Oh I'm sure the birthers and other Obama haters are going to just pounce on this one with everything they have. Quick, start screaming about how Obama isn't really president and how we as a nation must raise up and start a bloody civil war over it!

This whole "trial" smacks of sour grape conservatives still trying to have Obama removed from office for any stupid thing they can.
edit on Tue Apr 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Your OP sounds petty and bitter.
This is all water under the bridge in my opinion. Even if these guys are found guilty, nothing is going to happen to Obama or Clinton.

Does that make them any less scum bags? No.
They are still slimeball corrupt politicians. But then, so are the Republicans. Makes no difference either way.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
THIS IS FOR DAVID 64...FROM THE OTHER CLOSED THREAD

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by thePharaoh

I see no one as a foe, I just don't get the folks who sing Obama's praises, when he is so obviously doing a bad job.

?? a bad job

did you want him to keep borrowing, increasing the deficit
LIKE EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT... to make himself look good

or, you found a real leader, whos addressing the debt head on,

hes also being boycotted by the republican private sector.

while a democrat runs the country...private firms increase sacking/redundancy, hold profits, hold growth

when a repbulican (even a C grade student) comes to power
the private industry
starts employing, investing, increasing growth

making it appear he is successful

so its not obama you should be complaining to
but these anti american boycotters...that will destroy the country based on party "business pressure"

Why would I NEED to hate someone? Life is complicated enough without making stuff up.

if your like the rest of the rich GOP
i say its because you have nothing to do...other than hate

You're saying anyone who doesn't agree with the government agenda should be sent to GetMo? Give it time, they're workin' on it.

no...im saying support them
suport them to make the right decision
hand them the right information

when your saturating the presidancy with immense hearsay
its hard for the genuine americans..who are looking forward...to get a voice in edgeways

if i want to lobby for something..ie getting our seniors, to help our youths.
i have to stand in a que, behind someone wanting to seceed, someone wanting to check his birth certificate, someone asking him about Jayz, someone wanting a 30mag oozie......

weve wasted...not his time
BUT OUR TIME.....

noone talks about helping each other any more, or tying to improve the system

instead..were pointing and hating
everyones singing the tune..of a handful of republicans

if you dont like obama..cool...federal law doesnt impeach onto state or local law
so watch your local leaders...and point at them

obama is stuck..between a rock and a hard place
if he helps..hes hated
if he does nothing..he hated

i say..drink the hate...history will judge you later
so far..hes a hero

thanks for this oppurtunity
though im yet to find one articulate comment explaining why hes hate by some
untill this happens
i guess i will just have to call them racists..and they are hurting everytime they see the oval office with a great black man in it

i for one love it, love america, love the president
and im from london! lol

edit on 23-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
PUMA's still butthurt over the vote to award then Senator Obama the nod.

Not necessarily GOP though they may have brought it back up to use.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Holy catfish...at first I was like

we have heard all this before and nothing ever comes out of it, they get away with all of their illegal crap...BUT
then I was like

when I heard that they had TWO (2) people that had confessed to felony charges and they were cooperating with authorities.
I'm sure they will negotiate for a reduced sentence and rat out all those involved, in my dreams I see Nancy Pelosi wearing orange coveralls

Two former Board of Elections officials have already pleaded guilty to charges related to the scheme and could testify against Morgan and Blythe.

Former board worker Beverly Shelton, who allegedly was assigned the task of forging the petitions for Hillary Clinton, pleaded guilty in March to charges of forgery and falsely making a petition. The board's former Democratic head of voter registration, Pam Brunette, pleaded guilty in April to felony forgery, official misconduct, and falsifying a petition.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 23-4-2013 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: try to fix BB code

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
and im from london! lol

omg and this lol is why you should stay out of American politics lol omg stfu and gtfo lol omg

firstly you don't understand Americans and American politics so shut up about calling people racists, you have no clue.

secondly, the reason that I and most freedom loving Americans hate it that Obama is president is because he is a confirmed liar and bends the rules and laws to help his cronies out. He and his ilk love to suppress freedom.

Thirdly, in my opinion he fulfills the seven deadly sins spot on so in my view he is an evil man and should not be in a position of power.

Click on the sin for a more in-depth review. Related topics are listed below.

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
www.deadlysins.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

First: Obama has NOT united our country...far from it.

Second: The Obamacare program is already a clusterfuch...just the initial organization phase has been plagued by poor planning and execution and is ALREADY a year behind. Once it is implemented you will find that the average quality of healthcare in the US has decreased significantly. Not to mention that costs for the consumer as well as govt spending will skyrocket worse than they already have. There are already many indications of this and the gov'ts own spending watchdog warns the same.

As far as your comment regarding him addressing the budget issues head on...I can't help but laugh. You realize of course that the budget submitted by the President is the FIRST one in years? His answer to budget issues is to increase taxes in an economy that is already anemic....really bad move. Just look at freaking history. Even with the cuts that have taken place as well as the tax increases the budget shortfall is still massive...we continue to borrow at catastrophically historically high levels.

Obama's answer to solving the economy and budget issues is to print money at (again) historically high levels...not just 10% above historically high levels, but rather at levels that are geometrically progressing. This is a stupid stupid stupid move and will result in inflation at (again) historically high levels.

Oh yeah...let's get back to taxes... What was it he has said since day one of his original campaign for office and then constantly during his first 4 years and then also during his 2nd campaign? Only increase taxes for the rich? I suppose that anyone making over 30k a year is rich by his definition. Because anyone with a job making half assed decent wages saw their taxes go up this last January. He effing lied through his teeth. He was spewing that nonsense before the election, meanwhile the tax increases were already in place and set to become effective in January after the election. He played so many people for absolute fools and they are too ignorant to see it.

FYI I am not a Republican...I am not a Democrat, but I am a taxpayer with more than a passing knowledge regarding economics and our history regarding economics.

This is the same President who, most stupidly, once suggested we penalize companies moving jobs overseas....Really?? Like that won't make them move whole operations overseas even more rapidly? Thank God he was just spouting crap people wanted to hear since he never made a move to do just that.
edit on 23-4-2013 by bbracken677 because: Read the Moderator's post

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

while a democrat runs the country...private firms increase sacking/redundancy, hold profits, hold growth

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I suppose during the Clinton years that private firms first held profits and held growth? History points out the total and absolutely astounding inaccuracy of this statement.

Period of growth: 60's...Presidents Kennedy and Johnson. Democrats. Positive trade balance.

Period of resession, inflation, unemployment: Carter years...the years before were not a whole lot better. It took Reagan 4 years to pull out of the mess that was the late 70s and early 80s. The Carter years were the worst economy of the latter half of the 20th century. Democrat. Negative trade balance

Period of growth: late 80s...President Reagan. Republican. Diminishing trade balance

Period of growth: 90s President Clinton. Democrat. Trade balance turns catastrophic leading to:

Period of recession: 21st century
residents Bush and Obama (we are not out of the hot water...we are just gulping air right now before we go down again) Republican and Democrat. Trade balance negative.

During the last 30 years America has lost 20 trillion (TRILLION) dollars in wealth due to a massively negative trade balance.
edit on 23-4-2013 by bbracken677 because: correction made

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
beautiful

something more than bs one liners

firstly, as an outsider, looking in...my percpective,,,in SOME cases... could be more relevant than you think.

im seeing that not many countrys care if america goes through hardship
i do, so does the rest of the UK

telling us to STFU....is wrong... the reason why countries are S`ing TFU when your bashing obama, is because they are closet haters, and are loving watching this BS show.

in this current climate, its embarrasing, that the voice of dissent is getting airtime.

the chinese, iranins etc... use this in their own propaganda...and they push the lines of fiction much further than you do... so stop giving them fodder.

obama is definatly not destroying the country, the hardships you (and us) are facing is for a short period, probably a transitional period.
in this window, its important to stay focused.
if every civil servant lived to their potential...wow....
why are you wasting their time...so much far fetched bs is thrown at the president....i cant believe a reporter would waste a question asking if he supported jayz, or about his birth certficate

they probably got it from here
investigative journalists...are getting lamer.

stop wasting your own time.
lobby for positive amendmants
not lobbying for investigations by donald trump

dudes stealing energies and wasting your precious time

forget about party love....thats only relevant during the election campaign...after the president has been picked...everyone is an equal american...

look every democrat supported bushs retalliation to 9/11...cause everyones in the same boat

same here dude

thats your president...help him help you... tell him what you need, hes listening...but good luck getting you voice heard over these radical loud time wasters

its funny
because the gay marrige debate... i cant believe im about to say this....makes more sense than secession, a fake birth certificate, and jayz`s beach house.

concentrate on helping people dude
we all need each other...

our economies future can be 10 times stronger than it is... its down to us not wasting our time talking BS

if theres a fraud...it was irrelevant to the outcome... if there was a system failure in some way...then its happened ever since those darn machines were installed

now how about a BBQ... im buying .
***shoves pork chop into thunderhearts mouth**** LOL
(thats an LOL with suede Tims on!)

BTW
tut tut
a foxnews link
and whats with the 7 deadly sins lol

i just realised your either 14
or.....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I hope the criminals squeal on everyone involved.

If you look at the big picture, government corruption is escalating exponentially. It needs to be knocked back down. I doubt we have had a corruption free election in 30 years. The corruption is saturating government to a point that will soon tip.
edit on 23-4-2013 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You are kidding...aren't you? I know you can't be serious since Obama has done more damage to our country than any other President before him. From destroying unity, killing the economy, lying, etc. In all my 47 years I have never seen such pain inflicted upon the people of this once great country and such blatant attempts to tear up the constitution. I'm not really surprised since that is the basic "Progressive" agenda. Sure...he has done a near perfect of advancing that agenda...but that is choking us all.

I have personally gone from not trusting the government to understanding that "they" are becoming our rulers. They treat us like livestock and do so in our faces and they don't even try to pretend they aren't. The Democratic party sees Obama as a license to take everything from us "farm animals" because we are idiots. And they believe we are idiots because we voted for him. They talk down to us, they force feed us and they will enslave us.

I'm not dumb enough to not see that...are you...really?

PS: And if you don't believe me, ask anyone outside this country. We are a joke with a military.
edit on 4/24/2013 by WeAreAWAKE because: Added PS

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I am no Obama supporter. I am no politician supporter, actually.

But you reducing anyone who doesn't like Obama to being "racist", just because their reasoning doesn't meet your palette, pretty much invalidates your viewpoint.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I can tell you one reason why I don't like President Obama, Mr. Pharaohs. He killed a 16 year old kid that was an American citizen on foreign soil without due process. Where I come from, we call that murder plain and simple. I can give you another reason: Obama's drone policy that supports the bombing of funerals and a "double tap" policy that kills First Responders giving aid to mostly women and children as a "terrorist deterrent". I could keep going.

I don't live in the world of illusion that you live in. Also, I read a claim of yours from another thread that Obama was one of the best "peace time" Presidents. Neither the War in Iraq and Afghanistan have ended, nor the War on Terrorism, nor the War on Drugs. He's not a peace time President.

I thank you for your commentary regarding my country. My only advice for you is that you should try to read a little more and try not to come across as an authority on how we feel as Americans. It would be like me, who is from the American Southwest, puffing out my chest and telling you that everything you know about your own system is wrong even though I've never lived there and I'm not that familiar with the features of your Parliament. Say what you want but I'm going to take the word of a Londoner to come and try to discredit my displeasure with the President. I haven't liked a single American President in my lifetime. Personally, I think most of our elected officials are somewhere between sociopath and psychopath.

Please don't sit there and lecture me to "support my President no matter what" when you talk smack and don't even use that same sort of reasoning to support David Cameron. Your country is in the toilet and about to hit it's third recession. Are you going to just smile and say "Let Cameron do his job, lads! He'll sort it out". What are you, an extra carried over from the set of "Downton Abbey"?
edit on 24-4-2013 by justinsweatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

While I am honored [ and a bit creeped out ] you're chasing me through threads, You're Wrong. Obama and company have done quite a good job of wrecking our economy, our Constitution and just the country in general. Will these folks getting caught change one thing he has done? No. But it does go to show how far people will go to get their guy in to the position they want. Not just Dems, I think the whole system is crooked and needs a major overhaul. But just because Obama has done a few good things [ can't imagine what ] does not mean he's the savior you make him out to be. He's had the power to change our country for the better and has failed at every turn. Cheer lead all you like, the evidence proves you wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
I can tell you one reason why I don't like President Obama, Mr. Pharaohs. He killed a 16 year old kid that was an American citizen on foreign soil without due process.

put a sock in it...
thats not even treason
thats blasphemy lolololol

I thank you for your commentary regarding my country. My only advice for you is that you should try to read a little more and try not to come across as an authority on how we feel as Americans.

funny.. the best thing about democracy... is the transparancy and investigative reporters running alongside media coverage.

like me... your not representing the collective.. so when you say "how we feel as americans"..according to your own logic.. this is an oxyMORON

It would be like me, who is from the American Southwest, puffing out my chest and telling you that everything you know about your own system is wrong even though I've never lived there and I'm not that familiar with the features of your Parliament.

on the contrary
if we are slippin and trippin
i would appreciate your perspective and view from outside the box
and i would trust you as a friend

i wasnt trying to annoy you
just inspire

Say what you want but I'm going to take the word of a Londoner to come and try to discredit my displeasure with the President. I haven't liked a single American President in my lifetime. Personally, I think most of our elected officials are somewhere between sociopath and psychopath.

oh my dayz.. whats with this ignorant attidude

countrys across the planet.. would love to have your system
mate.. feel free to hate the individuals on a personal level
but you got to love the system....its feeding you ffs

its a natural human trait to dislike... but incessant blind unconditional hate... can only be viewed as either:
a vested interest
or prejudice

i gave you the benefit

Please don't sit there and lecture me to "support my President no matter what" when you talk smack and don't even use that same sort of reasoning to support David Cameron. Your country is in the toilet and about to hit it's third recession. Are you going to just smile and say "Let Cameron do his job, lads! He'll sort it out". What are you, an extra carried over from the set of "Downton Abbey"?
edit on 24-4-2013 by justinsweatt because: (no reason given)

david cameron the person..is probably a mug
david cameron the prime minister...gets my full support
if i dont agree with his policy...i join a debate, and either
educate myself, or eduacte the prime minister on the issue at hand

i`l help him, help the collective... regardless of cross party BS...
hes leading my country... i will never waste his time with the issues your wasting your own presidents time with

anyway.. like always... im only trying to brainstorm, to help.

i wasnt trying to lecture or be bossy...just trying to stir your patriotic passion in keeping america great
it hurts to see you guys wasting your time and energy

why cant we brainstom, and find ways of assisting our growth, finding out what we need in our community to help...the system...and the people of the system... ie. you and me.

but instead.... lets point and talk BS... while people are losing their homes, single mothers getting benefits cut. seniors, the frail, and the ill...all need that energy your wasting

just think about what tyoe of world you want to live in
think about how you can contribute.. afterall its your world... and its a mirror

be a great american
then america will be great

so far... im just seeing illogical, irrational and obsurd comments

not from you mate... from the MSM... which is why im having a chat with the OP

but peace

BTW

are you a republican?
if so... then you should of learnt from the last two election campaigns... that discrediting the person
has an adverse effect.
get good... thats where your energy should go

all those swing states, youv got four years to show a better america to these people...
but by trying to discredit the president... your losing votes

why not try saying this (if your racist
)...."we need to support him, as his pedigree and legacy is unique to the office (ie black)....we shall support him unconditionally to help our country"

i gaurantee polls would look more positive for the GOP... afterall they are considered the fathers and safety
net of the economy... to most.

be positive... and positivity will come back...people need to hear positivity.

edit on 24-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

When did the rule of law cease to matter? Or is it just the laws that get in the way?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Pharoah plz read..

I love this country, im definitely not racist.

No politician unites us. They are the worst part of this country. I don't like fox news or msnbc because neither one is "fair and balanced" or any of the garbage they spout. Journalism doesn't exist in this country anymore, the media has become the fourth branch of the government, I call it the propaganda ministry. They label each other, democrat, republican, liberal, conservative... Labels don't unite anyone, they separate us from our fellow man.

We don't elect these people, they are installed these days. To say otherwise doesn't mean your stupid, just misinformed. Don't believe me? watch this and get back to me

Uncounted: The New Math of American Elections

These people are very good at what they do. If you buy into anything said on the 24 hour propaganda machine when it comes to these politicians you are being misled.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

They commited a crime and their trial is deserved. People need to be shown that fixing votes using forgery and other means will have unpleasant consequences for them. It shouldn't be about anything other than their trial. Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time.

Obama will remain President no matter the outcome of the trial, we all know this like it or not.

I wonder though, if Mccain had won then and it was found out that there was voter fraud would you and all the other Democrats/Liberals feel the same? I Doubt it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Watch my video two posts up. Voter fraud is the rule now not the exception. Anyone who gets elected president is installed by the ones who run the show. Look at these counties where there's more votes for one candidate than voters in the county. That alone should be enough to call this whole sham exactly what it is. But alas, we still call each other names and get mad over an election we have no say in. If you call yourself a republican OR a democrat, you're really just letting them know your buying it and you've been fooled. I say we toss all politicians like belligerent drunks out of a bar and tell them that their party's over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join