It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a UK and Europe forum.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hold on a minute.....are you saying that things happen in places other than the US?

*ducks and runs away*

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The Boston bombings threads actually make it impossible to see the wood through the trees. You end up just losing interest in the whole issue after a while.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Considering the situation with the economy and with the euro in Europe I actually think it deserves its own forum to be honest - its basically the equivalent to the middle-east "events".

Situations such as cyprus would have their dedicated place - and they have their backlash on the us economy. If suddenly another cyprus happens and all hell breaks lose and europe decides to break off turning into a massive continental civil war, then after things settle down all countries decide to take over germany and turn it into 135 little countries (since you know, we learned the berlin wall didnt quite work) - the forum will be important - yea I know what you're thinking, but you'll never know

It would be an important addition for those who are always on top of the economic crisis, upheavals and things like that.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Hold on a minute.....are you saying that things happen in places other than the US?

*ducks and runs away*

Only very occasionally and they are normally pretty boring. They don't come with the same Hollywood effect that your news stories generate. One of the biggest stories today, was a mallard duck having a record 24 ducklings.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am an American but I agree with the OP. My reasoning for this is it not only gives those in Europe a place to discuss issues but it will allow me as an American to be able to understand the European side of issues. I feel that many issues going on in Europe and the wider world outside of the middle east are lost on most Americans due to an information bubble that keeps us surrounded in our own current events and just a general lack of knowledge of the processes and laws there.

I think some feel this could segment the community here, but I think each geographical region should have their own section that would encourage more threads to be created and allow a more diverse flow of information to emerge. Good stories will still rise to the top and at the same time allow more info to be sifted by people closer to the source.

edit on 23-4-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by Gazrok

*ducks and runs away*

Only very occasionally and they are normally pretty boring. They don't come with the same Hollywood effect that your news stories generate. One of the biggest stories today, was a mallard duck having a record 24 ducklings.

We later found out it the said duck had then ran away as well. It tried to fly out of the country but physiological reasons prevented this even though national security has been lax and allowed other birds to emigrate at will for centuries,
. Europe was shocked and stunned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on the fence for a UK/Europe thread. I can see some benefits but is this actually what we need? The input from the colonials is always welcome in my mind

I'll take my tongue out of my cheek now as well.

Perhaps the answer is to create a new forum for major incidents (such as Boston) as some have alluded to and place all the threads in there. This would avoid burying everything else underneath the inevitable avalanche of those who want find a conspiracy in anything and everything involving these tragedies.

edit on 23/4/13 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Isnt this what 'Religion' did to the Masses?

Divide the Masses??

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

By that reasoning isnt the "NWO" trying to bring us all together under one?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, and I think it goes much further than just having a thread appear on the front page. I love reading the posts on this site and the big non-US news stories will always attract attention and appear on the front-page. However, often there are stories which may be important to us in UK and Europe that others may have no interest in whatsoever and get lost in among the other threads.

There are several forums specifically dedicated to the US and US Conspiracies whereas there doesn't appear to be a specific forum to post UK or European news/issues/conspiracies/etc.

Whilst I appreciate the site is American, it would be an added boost to non-US interest if there were more targeted forum(s). In light of the problems going on in Europe could we, at the very least, have a European Political News forum to sit along-side the US Political News forum?
edit on 23-4-2013 by MattC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I have always been against this idea. I liked the international mix of ATS, but its getting to a stage where American topics dominate the Recent Posts page. Nearly every topic is related to the Boston bombing. Last month it was Sandy Hook, then the cinema shooting, before that we get your election fever,then again in the mid terms.

These topics then spawn their own separate threads on gun control, or gay marriage or abortion.

The rest of the world doesn't really share the same passion for these subjects and should we be so bold as to chuck in our 2pence worth, we are told to keep out of their politics.

I think the time has come for a UK and Europe forum, where we can engage in our own debates on issues a little closer to home.

When you feel you can't really contribute to 80% of the topics on the Recent Posts page, the site loses its interest.

edit on 23-4-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

First stop whinng, this forum is a global site, maybe at this time in ats life american topics are more inyeresting. Second write a topic that will draw attention.
Sidenote: we/ats is use to uk news, its aleays the same, either, Riots, or london railways get bombed or the queen is a reptillian or greece,italy,ect..ect..needs money, wait, best repeating topics, college gets a tuition hike. Ya you all should stop paying your royals to live fat and sassy whilst the commoners nearly starve.

Here in usa our news rises because many of us commoners care to know the truth.
Quit crying grow a topic. Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Sidenote: we/ats is use to uk news, its aleays the same, either, Riots, or london railways get bombed or the queen is a reptillian or greece,italy,ect..ect..needs money, wait, best repeating topics, college gets a tuition hike. Ya you all should stop paying your royals to live fat and sassy whilst the commoners nearly starve.

This validates what I posted earlier;

"I enjoy non-UK members opinions and observations on UK issues - it's just the predictable 'you gave up your guns', 'we saved your asses' (the correct word is arse, an ass is a donkey!) etc type responses in totally unrelated threads that quite frankly get on my tits."

"If I'm being perfectly honest what we need is an increase in the overall general quality of threads and reasoned, considered, well thought out posts rather than the amount of inane crap that seems to becoming more common."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

S&F I agree only if they also start a Canadian forum as well. It bugs me a great deal when I come here and all I get is "Boston bombing"do we really need so many threads on it?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree. Take the boston bombing, 100 different opinions that cut down to the same reasoning. When we filter through the crup we find an interesting topic. But uk, same ole same ole., at least for know america is the hot topic. Think about it, most other countries/nations haye us bad, this in itself gives reason for american topics making front page. Besides, who cates if it does make front page, read and read more, find an inyetesting topic.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Nice comment I like how you put that. It would also be really nice If there was a Canadian forum, It would give me a chance to view ATS from different geographic locations and understand them as a whole. Check out the USA forum or the Canadian forum or the Europe forum ETC.... I think it would be a great idea.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
More like there needs to be a US and a non-US forum.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The sentiments in this thread are much better presented by "The Grim Reaper"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Am from US, but I too get weary of sensational headlines clogging up the page and pushing other topics off to oblivion. While things like Boston are breaking news, important and trigger much debate, if there was a way to group and manage those threads and posts better, so that the whole site doesn't go off kllter - that would be grand.

And, to be honest, I enjoy reading the posts from others in South Africa, UK, Oz and NZ, etc., etc., because I learn more about the world, our similarities and differences, the issues you are facing on the home front, etc.

Yet, ATS is a global forum (for English speaking I suppose), and dividing it all up would diminish it too.

What to do.....
edit on 23-4-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I like the idea of an "European Political Madness" Forum. There's much going on in the EU atm and most things just go unnoticed and so to speak "slip under the Radar". There was a petition with more than one-million-participants (and most of this wasn't online!) against privatising of water in the EU (you need more than 1 million petioners to have an european parliament proposal reviewed). Got ignored/shot down by the EU parliament. Now they are trying to outlaw private fruit and vegetable growing and the selling of it because it hampers the foodmarket and can't be controlled by the health departments. Yes Ladies and Gentleman, if you grow an apple in your very own garden and then sell it for 10 cent to your neighbour, you will be a criminal in Europe soon...
Mostly I don't know where to post some of these things because the preset "topics" for the ATS Forums are somewhat limiting (Do I post in alternative news or general political madness or global meltdown? for example).

So I'd like to have an Europe Issue Forum for these matters.

edit on 24/4/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I remember when the site went down from a DOS attack about 2-3 weeks ago, the people commenting on "is it down right now.com" even started joking about how ATS would be become clogged with conspiracy threads as to who was DOSing the site and why.

Its becoming common place for something to happen and then a million (uninteresting) threads come from it. I just wish those types of threads be reviewed for coherency and EVIDENCE before making the front page. OR there should be a waiting time of 24 hours before you may make a thread regarding such an event, that should give people time to put together their thoughts.

I just feel like something has to be done because its getting ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
The sentiments in this thread are much better presented by "The Grim Reaper"

You reading the same thread as me?

More like we may require one to speak freely on such things as..

Do a bit of this...

And a bit of that..

Get to the nitty gritty of social problems..

And with our great sporting spirit even hold one of these competitions a year..

edit on 24-4-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join