It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a UK and Europe forum.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree with having a forum for yinz across the pond. As Europeans I doubt you care about our, Americans, issues as a priority. It really does make sense to have a forum for purposes outside of the US, especially considering we're under spotlight constantly (pretty annoying) plus it would benefit us Americans on knowing what's going on in the world in a much better manner.

As being more of a lurker than a poster I love this idea. Like I said, I get to see what's going on over there instead of being flooded with American issues constantly.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I believe the "regional" politics was originally established with a view of state affairs, I.e that outside of the federal government. Are we to believe that "regional" now means, the rest of the world.

I would support an Asia Pacific forum also, as there a lot of aussies and kiwis on here. Depending on the time of day you log on depends who responds, And yes there is an Uptick when the US comes on line, but the discussions that are based on European politics are just as bubbly without US member involvement.

It IS tim, ATS acknowledged that this site is NO LONGER US centric.

Also was this set up in rant, or was it moved. I don't believe this is a rant. But highlighting a need of the site users demographic that should be responded to.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

If you look at the "sticky" threads on that forum, there are two, from the same date, which announce the formation of a "UK politics" forum and a Canadian forum.
It would appear that these two forums were later merged to form "regional politics".
In other words, "regional" is meant to mean "in the regions of the world", ie outside the US.
Even today, the bulk of the threads on its front page are about extra-US events. That's what it's for.
So "regions of the US" would be a late misinterpretration by individuals posting there.
It's just a question of re-claiming it, and perhaps launching a campaign to get it classed with the other political forums on the main page instead of being kept down in "off-topic".

edit on 23-4-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I dont think its the case that we dont care about american politics & stories, I personally feel a European & uk forum would bring me closer to whats happening around my side of the world without those particular threads being lost amonst all the american related one. For example, you ever tried finding something about the NWO in europe that's not related to that insainist David Ickle? I found it near impossible.

ATS has helped me find so much - But its all about what's doing in america.

Sometimes i'd like to be interacting with more british people

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I couldnt agree more, i mean i made a post about a dream i had and looking for interpretations and some guy came on (just assuming that i was american) saying "this part of your dream signifies this great country, this part its fall, this part symbolises the red white and blue etc etc etc" I live in scotland you idiot, what audacity huh. Haha oh well, but yes I agree, it isnt fair at all, its almost no longer Above Top Secret as it is Above America's Top Secrets

I was sure the phrase went 'new world order' not 'new american order' although most of the yanks think that america is the whole world anyway.

By the way, please take the above with a pinch of salt if youre american, im not a racist or a seperatist or anything and I absolutely like 'Americans' I just dont like 'America' haha but i dont like britain either come to think of it, and i can also say with certainty that i dont like many brits either haha :p

Gotta love HUMAN BEINGS though huh, cause after all, america and britain and all that are just made up words for imaginary concepts

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We've been down this road before. If we did that then we would have 2 forums. Split. Then there would be little content in either. This isn't a case of "If you build it they will come." I'm fine with Canadian topics in Regional Politics. You want more content? Post it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Totally agreed. UK & Europe would be great. This site really is 'America Top Secret' first and foremost. And there's only so much American's bitching about things I can take on any given day.

That's not to say I don't enjoy the US related content, a LOT of sheet goes down there without a doubt. Some of it is good to read about. But even on a good day there is usually only 1 decent international story vs 9 American stories on the current topics list.

When you feel you can't really contribute to 80% of the topics on the Recent Posts page, the site loses its interest.

Exactly my feelings, mostly from the last fortnight, but it's not the first time.

There ARE sometimes interesting, fundamental and popular threads that originate from UK/europe, but it'd be good to know there's a spot where the focus can be primarily on that, and in theory the majority of posters being from those regions, stories that really affect me/us on this side of the pond. I'd drop into that kind of board on a daily basis.

I used to love the aliens forum, but now, it's just sensationalist headlines, 1 in 100 posts are actually intelligent reading, no-one ever updates their first post despite a debunking or clear answer in the first reply, and like national representatives at a sporting event, the same old opinions speak out under every circumstance, someone believes its flares, someone thinks its lanterns, the next aliens, the next a government coverup... It's become so cliché in itself and 'read it all before' it's just not worth the time.

That may seem off-topic, but my point is the fact my old favorite has pretty much died a death, I'd love a new favorite, something like UK/Europe related issues would certainly grab my interest and could be useful (for folk like me) - I do love UK/Europe current affairs far more than American ones, I must admit.
edit on 23-4-2013 by markymint because: added more text

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by markymint

Only so much European/UK bitching about Americans i can take....

see how this works?

Yeah. Childish, snotty sentiment. Maybe these guys have a point after all. Having to listen to tripe like this.

ETA: Why did you even bother with this thread? It's about Europe?
edit on 23-4-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Its not snotty. just making a point of the Hypocrisy of ATS and its members.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Im all for this and have brought this up before.

I find my self posting less and less every month. I join in discussions and get told to keep my nose outa US policies. So yeah, our own forum would be nice, that way I wouldnt miss important subjects that effect my area.

Thanks cor posting

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

Well if you have nothing of value to add then please refrain from attempting to instigate dissension. We're trying to have a discussion here without the typical BS that surrounds many members.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why do Europeans/UK members have so much to say about Americans? If its about America I'm gonna ETA the hell out of um. like you just did to me.

"ETA - Excuse me this is about America, move along"

ATS doesn't work like that and never will.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

And you just made the point FOR a European forum. Not that would keep some Americans from pissing in it all the while saying, "Stay out of our politics."

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

I think the point is, you've not really brought anything to the debate. There was another poster from America, who made a great point and a valuable contribution. This thread has nothing to do with America vs UK/Europe, just originally a rant, that has turned into a discussion that some people are also interested in. If you have anything valuable to add, I welcome your post.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I think its a good idea but Europeans piss and moan and spew their rhetoric just as much as American members....lets be honest. its an endless cycle and only the tough skinned survive

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

I will no longer discuss this in an American manner. I recommend that other do likewise.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm not spewing American vs Europe/UK. So, if I refute that everyone in general is over opinionated on ATS and its not just the American members as most of you claim, I have nothing to say...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

In an "American Manner" pffft what an arrogant statement as if I was trying to offend people. You just turn around and offend me and other American members and don't even make an argument.

If this is the "manner" in which you debate my friend? I want no part of it.

PEACE 2 ALL
edit on 23-4-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here's another idea. What about a Commonwealth forum?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join