It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soap Operas and the NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Television soap operas.. Are they brainwashing the population?
Everybody knows soap operas were designed for the marketing of soap, but has it become something much, much more sinister?
Soap is usually white.
Do you know what else is white?
The majority of the population of the United States of America.

America is the biggest superpower in the world, housing over 200 million people (or should I say sheeple, they don't know what their own government is DOING!)
They are appealing to the white citizens of the US, which is the majority, to brainwash them into supporting the government and their FALSE FLAG ATTACKS LIKE THE BOSTON BOMBING AND 9/11!

Please people, we have to do something now!
I don't know what, but we need to make them stop!

Please help.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Oh my #ing god.
What do we do?

I'm really scared right now, you've opened my eyes.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Like sands through the hourglass.... so are the False Flags of our lives.
I think the bigger threat would be the spreading of immorality. Soaps kind of bring to mind "I'm my own grandpa" thoughts and I just can't tolerate them.
edit on 4/23/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If you we're talking specifically about "Sex and the City" I would go along that soap operas are made to brainwash people into becoming totally senseless, lacking of empathy, crazy without knowing it and deprived of any good fashion sense.

That show clearly had an agenda of making women intellectually challenged.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kenpachi7

What if i dont have a tv?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerial

It's 1963....who doesn't have a TV?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7

Everybody knows soap operas were designed for the marketing of soap

Soap operas, originally broadcast on radio, had soap manufacturers as sponsors. It depends on which way you want to look at it. Your point of view is like saying 'The Simpsons' was designed for the marketing of Dominos Pizza(in my country anyway).

I used to work with a soap opera script writer. We would chat about what themes he and his colleagues focused on etc. It's obviously all about ratings. What makes soap operas successful is the fact that there are millions of people who simply love watching s**t on tv.

The answer is also simple: you have a remote control in your hand, switch the channel to something more educational, or better still throw your television out and head to your local library or bookstore. But I don't see the unwashed masses going for either of those options.

edit on 23-4-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
If you we're talking specifically about "Sex and the City" I would go along that soap operas are made to brainwash people into becoming totally senseless, lacking of empathy, crazy without knowing it and deprived of any good fashion sense.

That show clearly had an agenda of making women intellectually challenged.

I know a taxi driver who has had a series of sexual encounters in his cab with women whom he regards as "inspired by that show Sex And The City".

I see it as a 'which came first...the chicken or the egg?' equation myself. A TV show will not make somebody become stupid, but it will give already stupid people an excuse to carry on like the idiots they are. It's all about liberating the knucklehead within.

The sad fact is that TV shows, IMO, serve a purpose, if the world was full of intellectuals then we wouldn't have soap operas, we probably would have a lot less TV as we know it today, but that's just not the way it is. The main question is: who's fault is it? Some people want to lay the blame on the NWO or whatever, that makes me laugh, but in some peoples eyes my laughter makes me a misanthrope, you get my point?

edit on 23-4-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Soap operas....those shows that come on that I know absolutely nothing about.

In my estimation, no self respecting person would watch them.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Decent Sci Fi shows are few and far these days. The number of soap operas has increased however, especially in the UK.

Generally this is how it goes.

The writers are highly paid with a pin-sharp IQ about human psychology. Yes, they all have the liberal agenda 9 times out of 10. They promote homosexuality as normal, make out what is backward to be forward and portray urban people to be superior to country folk. They are heavily pro big-government and anti self-reliance. There is very often a subservience to higher authority instead of having the people figure it out themselves.

Essentially TV hasn't been properly conservative since Reagan left office and has been going downhill ever since.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well if this is the quality of research the NWO crowd is putting out now I think its safe to say we put this theory up there with contrails.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7

Originally posted by aerial

It's 1963....who doesn't have a TV?

Nobody watches TV anymore
At least among the youth. I do not know anybody under 25 who watches stuff from TV. Movies/TV-series are popular, although people watch these from computer.

As much as I see, TV is popular among the baby-boomers and X-generation, although Millenials do not watch it much round here, if at all. Most people I know do not even own a TV, although sometimes it is bought simply to use it to screen the computer through HDMI.

new topics

top topics

join