It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family ripped from their home at gunpoint; Police storm the property looking for terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
We can't assume the police did this at every house in the 20 square blocks. It looks like they were targeting certain houses.

I would guess they searched houses of known associates/friends of the suspects or any possible connection may have been searched like this. You have to remember the police had no idea if the 2 were alone or if it was a terrorist cell.

Out of all that time we have maybe 2 videos of searches like this. I think if a 20 square block search happend as shown there would be a lot more videos.

Just looking at the other side of the coin.

If they did search every house like this... then that is completely wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

The police officers were willing to deal with the repercussions to save lives, what of it?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
As you can see in the video, they didn't go door to door, they supposedly searched ONE house who had called in about sounds in their basement.

Wrong, there are other videos. There is a witness testimony of a man explaining that it was done to him, in his home, and to all his surrounding neighbors. I believe in Watertown.. (I should bookmark these things..) He said it was very terrifying, and shocking, and everyone was very afraid of the police.

They all gathered in a yard and talked about it.

It wasn't one home.

There is also plenty of evidence of them searching dozens of citizens at gunpoint, face down in the dirt, on the street. People being screamed at, people being ordered around. The "safety" of the officers was not a concern as has already been noted. They didn't even secure the perimeter, everyone was watching. Their only intent was moving people around.

This is what little evidence we have. It is surprising they didn't confiscate video cameras from the few people that captured it all. Independent journalists were reportedly disallowed from entering "lock down" areas.

I don't care about the excuses, I don't care if you want to pass out "hugs". An officer's safety is not my concern if it is going overstep my 4th Amendment Rights (Read: Everyone's Rights). It is a very clear line drawn in the very firm damn sand, and that line is never to be crossed. I don't care the circumstances. You follow the rules, or you don't play the game, period.

Washington DC was "terrorized" for 3-weeks straight by a sniper team killing civilians. They didn't shut down the nation's capital, patrol the streets in armored vehicles & columned marches - stomping all over everyone's rights, and they shouldn't have done it now.

If you're okay with this, you are complicit in allowing criminals to supersede your rights, and complicit in suggesting it be removed from others.
edit on 23-4-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Why can't you see it!

Military going door to door searching.

Looks like a scene from Iraq with American Soldiers going door to door searching for 'Terrorists'.

There is no difference.

It has began and coming soon to your neighborhood!

You allow it to happen, it happens. Search for one guy (hiding in a boat) = search thousands of homes.

You think this is good, for your safety.

You, your kids, you're being trained, right now, this is training of an entire population!

Sit, boo boo, sit! Good dog boo boo.

P

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

A very emotive phrase "Ripped from their home at gunpoint "

These officers were looking for armed terrorists, who might be prepared to shoot and bomb their way out of the situation.

The householders treatment may appear harsh, but I guess the officers can't afford to pussyfoot around, in this situation. Surely a small price to pay for the freedom Americans
prize ?

They were getting the householders out of harms way too, in the event of a shoot out ?

Small price to pay? Our constitutional right to not have our homes invaded and molested by the state? Are you joking? It must've been worth it though in the end... I mean they did find him... oh that's right, it was a civilian, not the 9000 officers.... pathetic.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Respectfully, what are the alternatives ? Knock politely on the householders front door, and ask them if they are harbouring any terrorists, foreign or domestic ?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Respectfully, what are the alternatives ? Knock politely on the householders front door, and ask them if they are harbouring any terrorists, foreign or domestic ?

It's called a warrant.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Yea, guess what smart ass, that is the law. They knock on your door and ask to search your residence, if you disallow them from doing so they are legally obligated to produce a warrant. If they cannot produce a warrant and there are no "exigent circumstances" at the time of their presence, then they about face and walk in the other direction.

That's how it is, deal with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

*Knock, knock, knock*
"Hi, um, we're sorry to bother you at this time but there is a killer on the loose, may we search your house please?"

It only works in fantasies and cracked out dreams. The "law" has to be agressive. If they had went to a house with a maniac inside and acted like the above, these cops wouldve gotten killed.

Star for you Mister founder of Mormonism.
edit on 23-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

Respectfully, are these not " Exigent circumstances " ( ? )

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

*Knock, knock, knock*
"Hi, um, we're sorry to bother you at this time but there is a killer on the loose, may we search your house please?"

It only works in fantasies and cracked out dreams. The "law" has to be agressive. If they had went to a house with a maniac inside and acted like the above, these cops wouldve gotten killed.

Star for you Mister founder of Mormonism.

And you're American? Jesus H. Christ, it's people like you that make me lose my faith in humanity. It really is depressing viewing the brainwashed reactions of people in urban areas like this. You are so willing to be poked and prodded by the government; its sad. Never once has any state official made me safer, rather the contrary. Freedom is the only safety you have, and you just don't see it. This whole country is doomed. Its so frustrating to see this all collapse, and not be able to do a damn thing about it. God help us.

Remember when people looked at the US as a beacon of freedom?
edit on 23-4-2013 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Respectfully, are these not " Exigent circumstances " ( ? )

No they are not. The police cannot search an entire town house-to-house, because they think "the suspect is somewhere in the town".

You might as well repeal the 4th Amendment if we do what you suggest, and what the Boston PD and ATF did in Watertown, as there is no point. They cannot just declare an entire area "searchable" whenever they please.

Further, there is a reason why terrorists "terrorize". Their intention isn't simply casualties, but rather to destabilize their target population, causing their infrastructure and rule of law to collapse. Please understand this, I beg you.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

Me thinks someones pineal might be calcified and it isn't mine.

Why yes, I'm an American. I also know what these individuals go through and how much they hate doing it. DO you? Probably not.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree to an extent but damnit, look at the bigger picture Willis! Yeah it sucks they can come into our homes and blah blah blah but I'd rather them do that then have some effin terrorist out there blowing My kids to shreds. SMDH. WOW.

Let me redirect you to my first sentence again.

ETA: We were never free. It was an illusion. Trust me. Nobody on this Planet we call Earth is free from anything. It's sad

edit on 23-4-2013 by kimish because: Pour some sugar on me

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I would argue that these were exceptional circumstances. If the bombers had escaped, and gone on to wreak further havoc, the security agencies would have been criticised ?

I would further argue that temporary suspension of people's rights is a small price to pay to keep them safe from terrorists ?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I understand where you're coming from and I agree to an extent but damnit, look at the bigger picture Willis! Yeah it sucks they can come into our homes and blah blah blah but I'd rather them do that then have some effin terrorist out there blowing My kids to shreds. SMDH. WOW.

I assure you, no federal agent, local authority or government employee is ever going to save you in the event of a "terrorist attack".

The fact that you refuse to protect your own freedom and rights in even the most simplest manner, expressing it on a public forum, proves you have zero defense and no fortitude. You literally allow any person to step all over you and to do you harm.

I can assure you, you will not give a # about your disillusioned "personal safety" when you have no rights left to protect you.

God help you.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Probably not but they sure will control the population of terrorists, right?

Oh, and that thing called the second amendment. I have my protection.

I hate thinking about what's to come. It sucks.
for reals. But, nothing we can really do... except go down swinging.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Probably not but they sure will control the population of terrorists, right?

Oh, and that thing called the second amendment. I have my protection.

No they will not control the population of terrorists. It is historically evident that whenever a nation becomes more militarized and fascist, the more violent it becomes and irreparably so. It turns the host nation into a battleground under constant assault, not only figuratively, but literally.

The goal of a terrorist as I said is to destabilize it's target population, to cause the nation to lose it's rule of law and render its infrastructure unusable. Your goal isn't to stay alive, rather it's to protect every right you have as there is no point in being alive otherwise.

Your 2nd Amendment will do nothing for you if you don't guard your 4th... I can't believe this is happening right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

reply to post by sine.nomine

Me thinks someones pineal might be calcified and it isn't mine.

Why yes, I'm an American. I also know what these individuals go through and how much they hate doing it. DO you? Probably not.

ETA: We were never free. It was an illusion. Trust me. Nobody on the Planet we call Earth is free from anything. It's sad

First of all, regarding the pineal gland... I'll have you know I regularly "dose" my pineal gland with certain substances I extract myself... What do you do to keep your fluoridated pineal gland healthy?

Secondly, look at the bigger picture? I believe I am looking at the bigger picture by not giving into the sensationalism of the moment, and actually weighing the consequences of forfeiting constitutional rights to find an alleged terrorist... and alleged by CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. who don't have the best track record for credibility in my book...

How about this... if the police pound on your door looking for a terrorist.. I dunno... how about... um... search your own property and secure it yourself!? That is your RIGHT as an American citizen!

Edit: That's right... the government can be a man for you... your "American".
edit on 23-4-2013 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

You know, you're right and I can't believe I didn't see it. *face palm*

Yet another divide and conquer technique. They're doing it so we kill each other from the insides out, using the cops as pawns. smh.

Thanks guymontag, for opening my droopy eyes. Much apprciated.

Sometimes I wish I were a ninja. :/

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

We are always being divided.

It is more important to be strong, for yourself and others, than it is to merely stay alive..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join