It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family ripped from their home at gunpoint; Police storm the property looking for terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Did a few searches for this and nothing turned up, so if this has already been posted mods do your thing.

WATERTOWN, MA -- On Friday, April 19, 2013, during a manhunt for a bombing suspect, police and federal agents spent the day storming people's homes and performing illegal searches. While it was unclear initially if the home searches were voluntary, it is now crystal clear that they were absolutely NOT voluntary. Police were filmed ripping people from their homes at gunpoint, marching the residents out with their hands raised in submission, and then storming the homes to perform their illegal searches.

I came across this liveleak video of police in Watertown forcing a family out of their house at gunpoint and proceeding to conduct what appears to be an illegal (unwarranted) search.

Link to video

Personally, I find this disgusting. I'm not going to make sensationalized connections to Nazi Germany, but was it really necessary to go door to door parading people out of their homes, AT GUNPOINT? The first guy who comes out seems shocked, and I think I would be too; since when is this kind of behavior allowed by the police?

Yes, the suspect was believed to be armed and dangerous, but did these cops have the authority to conduct these searches? Was Martial Law officially declared? I remember the city being on lock down, but never heard any reports of Martial Law in place.

Ironically, they are being applauded for what a great job they did completely stomping on our constitutional rights. These unwarranted searches didn't even lead them to the suspect, some observant citizen outside of their search zone did.
edit on 22-4-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

If we don't expect and demand to be treated like free citizens we are no more then slaves and sheep. We have laws in this country and we should not be treated like criminals unless we break the law! People will not stand up and say I have rights, so we will lose those rights.

Does the old ladies maybe have the missing men in their pocket? Why do they need to be searched? Do they look like the suspects?
edit on 23-4-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Playing devils advocate, These men and women were looking for a killer. He could have killed more. There may have been more involved with him that the officers didn't know of.

When they had the people coming out of their houses with their hands up, they didn't know who these people were. They were looking out for themselves as well. Some of these people may have been terrorist or disgruntled or all jacked up on God knows what ready to squeeze a trigger into some pigs head. We simply don't know. Erring on the side of caution is only the intelligent thing to do. No matter how 'mean' it looks.

Try to look at it from both sides of the fence.
edit on 23-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is a sad day for the American people, This is the day America died.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

The thing is they knew what these punks looked like.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If you can physically afford it get the F*** out of America asap. The downward spiral has really only just begun.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Ironically, they are being applauded for what a great job they did completely stomping on our constitutional rights. These unwarranted searches didn't even lead them to the suspect, some observant citizen outside of their search zone did.

Kudos to John Q. cameraman fo this. This is the very first time I have seen any actual search footage. The media was very compliant about not showing any of that.

Before I go off on the puh - leeze, did this go on through the night? How close is this neighborhood to the shoot out that happened earlier? I see the search of this one house there, how many homes were treated this way?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

But they didnt know who else was involved and to what extent. Hence, err on the side of caution which also ties into self preservation.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

They were looking out for themselves as well.

Not really. Only at the 6 minute mark do they actually spot the cameraman and establish perimeter security for their team there. If the cameraman had been the suspect in the beginning they would have casualties.
edit on 23-4-2013 by intrptr because: time mark

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok. So there aren't any house to house searches. Terrorist hides out for a few days, makes and sets more bombs, more people get killed....

I understand your points but me thinks judgement is being clouded by emotions.

(((SQUEEZE))) hugs all the way around.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I get what your saying but I dont think this has ever happened in the U.S and I'm pretty sure the people of Boston and the rest of the U.S would have beat the living snot out of the punk. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I can agree with that. But thats why we pay taxes, so we have people to do that stuff for us. It makes me feel safer, though I dont agree with some LEOs methods.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I can agree with that. But thats why we pay taxes, so we have people to do that stuff for us. It makes me feel safer, though I dont agree with some LEOs methods.

You pay taxes to feed their greed!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

(((SQUEEZE))) hugs all the way around.

I think thats what this country needs

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Don't let a few bad cops dictate your opinion on them as a whole. They're people like you and I. And if anything, these LEOs are severely underpaid.

The politicians, they're the greedy ones. No hugs for them. Only noogies.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That video is disgusting. I'm sick to my stomach.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
As you can see in the video, they didn't go door to door, they supposedly searched ONE house who had called in about sounds in their basement.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yes, and there's another video on that youtuber's channel that we found somewhat disturbing, wondering what it would be like to wake up one morning and see this through your kitchen window-

edit on 23-4-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Playing devils advocate, These men and women were looking for a killer. He could have killed more. There may have been more involved with him that the officers didn't know of.

When they had the people coming out of their houses with their hands up, they didn't know who these people were. They were looking out for themselves as well. Some of these people may have been terrorist or disgruntled or all jacked up on God knows what ready to squeeze a trigger into some pigs head. We simply don't know. Erring on the side of caution is only the intelligent thing to do. No matter how 'mean' it looks.

Try to look at it from both sides of the fence.

This is still America though, right? Let's get this straight. They were searching for an alleged killer. They violated the god-given constitutional rights of these citizens, and the more we let it happen, the more likely it will happen to us. Where do you draw the line? If the reports are false, then what? Was it okay in the name of safety? We are heading into dangerous waters here...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

A very emotive phrase "Ripped from their home at gunpoint "

These officers were looking for armed terrorists, who might be prepared to shoot and bomb their way out of the situation.

The householders treatment may appear harsh, but I guess the officers can't afford to pussyfoot around, in this situation. Surely a small price to pay for the freedom Americans
prize ?

They were getting the householders out of harms way too, in the event of a shoot out ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join