It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect charged with using weapon of mass destruction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

I agree , he is one lucky SOB for he could have been,
charged as an enemy combatant,
not read his rights,
faced Mil court , and
receive a one way trip ticket to git-mo that night.
or
just out right shot dead.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

just out right shot dead

That is the option that gets my vote or maybe sending him to git-mo. They would have a lot of fun with the boy down there in Cuba. (he's pretty
.)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by ikonoklast
So if the US invades countries that have and might use weapons of mass destruction, this means the US can now invade any country with a weapon as powerful or more powerful than a homemade bomb made out of a pressure cooker?

Yes. And thank God for this- its about time.

I know for certain that our neighbors to the North (Canada)while pretending to be nice, civil , peaceful people- Really have WMDs all over the place. A virtual Axis of Evil those canadians are.

I have been promoting a War with the canadians for 27 years now- This could finally be the spark which will allow us to Liberate the canadians and give them freedom.
-Its for the children.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "- its for the children" ROFLMAO! "

that's weapons of mass CONSTRUCTION
shhhesh!

though if he wants in, a case of jack daniels would prolly get 'er done
now that would be a weapon of mass destruction right there
(we'll bring the girls, and some maple surple)

honestly
creating a newspeak term that abrogates everyones' rights and then shoehorning everyone they want to get rid of into it is so USSR....
edit on 23-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

no unless your loading a wall gun 2 to 3" in dim barl seen a video of one on Ytube , heck of a smoker. the barrl has to one inch or more then Yes it is a WMD

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
the 711 wasnt them. Its been redacted.

Thanks for the up date.

As for the wmd's , the invasion of Iraq make sense now

. . . felafel friers will be the next generation of wmd's

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

yes and now we can go into North Korea and get them for using kimchi pots, you bury them instead of putting it on a flame, but the same thing as a pressure cooker.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Maybe yellow cake was all a misunderstanding from the Smirkey days:
www.vahrehvah.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Right! Now a WMD is the capability of making fire?????

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
People are WMD.

Excuse my oneliner.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'd say this measure was so the government can make the thought of protest/attack/etc more "discouraging" as virtually anyone can be sent to prison for life. If you used a phone to detonate the bomb, would a phone be defined as a WMD? Who knows..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

I beg your pardon? If that firecracker was a WMD, then someone ought to arrest me for breaking wind as violently as I do. By the token upon which this accusation has been made, my butt-gas must surely be banned by the Geneva convention.

I am very worried now, about the definition being used here. I am sure that it is accurate according to the law on this subject, but the law and reality are not always comfortable bedfellows I suppose. That said I have to appeal to the common sense of people here. Can we REALLY call a pressure cooker bomb a WMD? By the definitions I have seen used on this thread, many people in the states own a WMD of some sort, and I dont see them being dragged from thier homes in manacles, riddled with holes and in such a state of collapse that speech is impossible for the next forty eight hours.

Honestly though, this madness has to stop. Lets be realistic shall we? A weapon of mass destruction ought to be one that causes such utterly cataclysmic damage, that a bare minimum of a thousand people die per deployment, a weapon so powerful that it can fracture the crust of the planet, or irradiate hundreds of square miles in a single fell swoop. It is inappropriate and dishonest to lump in mortars, grenades, silenced weapons, and IED devices in with that top ten of chaos.

In no way do I wish to belittle the suffering of those affected by the detonation of the devices at the Boston Marathon. The incident was shocking to behold, and must have been hell to be a part of. But allowing ourselves to be duped into believing that black is white, that up is down, that Hitler was a humanitarian, and that Ghandi ate babies, AND that a home made bomb which killed three people and did no serious damage to property and infrastructure can be correctly called a weapon of mass destruction is NOT going to bring the dead back, give the maimed back thier legs and arms and eyes, or heal the split eardrums of those further from the blast.

All that being fooled this way will achieve, is a pathetic state of affairs which makes the USA look weak as hell.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And your acid tongue is a WMD!

Just wait. Just wait.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

by it self no but lets say your into reloading and have somkless powder 00 buck a pressure cooker and some other things and your house is searched for some unrelated reason but they find all this stuff in your house , a can they charge you with the intent to make or have in your possession off , you bet, if they are being "A holes" and rely want you, but have nothing else on you.
see where this could go or will be going, IED and WMD will be the new weapon on the law abiding citizen, if there is nothing else to get you on if your home is searched.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Wow so if I read the second sub section right that means an M80 firecracker is a WMD? Isnt an M80 a 1/4 stick of explosive?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a wrong charge as Colorado Theatre gunner used AR-15 rifle, a magazine of which can contain, say 24 rounds and potentially kill 24 people. Why was that not charged as WMD use. Any law should well specify what is an WMD and what is something else.

That said, I in no way seek any mercy for this individual for his acts of cruelty and thanklessness towards the country that gave him shelter, opportunities and much better future. This guy deserves the needle and in no way should be eligible for $50K a year cost to the taxpayer for next 50-60 years.

Such bastards give bad name to all other moderate minded immigrants and specifically Islamics who just want to go by with their lives and seek a better future.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sorry Gotta say this, I find it amusing how some people on ATS seriously question or get offended when outsiders bash your government, well im lost for words how to describe them some days

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

By the definitions I have seen used on this thread, many people in the states own a WMD of some sort, and I dont see them being dragged from thier homes in manacles, riddled with holes and in such a state of collapse that speech is impossible for the next forty eight hours.

Soon.....Real soon!

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Honestly though, this madness has to stop. Lets be realistic shall we? A weapon of mass destruction ought to be one that causes such utterly cataclysmic damage, that a bare minimum of a thousand people die per deployment, a weapon so powerful that it can fracture the crust of the planet, or irradiate hundreds of square miles in a single fell swoop. It is inappropriate and dishonest to lump in mortars, grenades, silenced weapons, and IED devices in with that top ten of chaos.

That was the definition until the Merkins started mucking about with it.

Most of 'em (especially the military shills posting exactly what they're told without even thinking about it) are just too thick to understand how truly f****d they really are.

edit on 4-5-2013 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

any kind of bomb used in thiss fashion will get bomber a charge of using a weapon of mass destruction. it doesn't mean the same thing as a country like say iraq having nukes .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join