It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, what now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay, so I keep hearing some terrifying things here. People are talking about the Democratics party caving in. Bush being the Anti-Christ. Civil War. Basically anything and everything not excluding the apocolypse.

So my question to you all is, where can we go from here?

What can we do as Americans and contributing members of society to help prevent such terrible things from happening?

I know what some of you will say, impeach Bush blah blah blah. The problem with that is that 52% of America thought he was a better choice than Kerry.

Everyone of these two parties pretty much thought their life depended on choosing "their guy". Both sides are near fanatical and we all know how fanatics can be *cough* Al Queda *cough* Taliban *cough* Nazism.

So again my question to all of you is, election results aside, what the hell can we do as a community, in our communities and in our daily lives to help change this troubling situation and start fighting to keep our country and way of life in one peice?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is just pathetic. Do all of you people even care on how to fix things or would you prefer just to sit back and complain but do nothing to change it?

Not even a simple suggestion?

Just keep on complaining on how these elections could be fixed the obvious dissent and these striking divides.

Do nothing rather than actually getting up off your ass and doing something for a change. Come on people, this is amazing. Not one simple suggestion?

Maybe America is doomed. If this is how people who'd like to consider themselves active and educated voters and citizens act, no wonder all of you are expecting the worst.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I tell your what i am going to do I am going to wait for the screw up that this administration is going to perform on the american people and then I am going to say, "I told you so"

Then I am going to seat back like most people do and enjoy the show.

Will that answer your question?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I hear you Marg... but the problem is, the show may NOT be so enjoyable. Only time will tell. I get the feeling we're slowly drifting to an every-man-for-himself scenario as it seems large 'groups' (corporations, christian right, neocons, what-have-you) have inserted themselves to define our future. Reminds me of the post-60's years.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Then marg, you might as well just pack your bags now and leave. This is the worst type of person that we can have right now and you are not contributing to the betterment of the nation or society and you are just a naysayer who will sit back and watch the proverbial S**T hit the fan.

This is sad, pathetic and aggravating.

If you really cared you might actually do something.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

election results aside, what the hell can we do as a community, in our communities and in our daily lives to help change this troubling situation and start fighting to keep our country and way of life in one peice?

I would need to know what you are passionate about before I could tell you how to get involved and what you could do. What issues are most important to you? What do you think the number one priority should be? Have you thought about getting involved in your local politics?

I know one thing is sure and that is Libertarians need to be finding a way to get organized and get their message out so that next year their candidate actually has a shot. I think that would make a huge difference in '08. That's where I think many people should focus their energy.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Americans can organize. Unite. And try to convict George Bush Jr. as a war criminal.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Jemison, I am not talking about what I can do.

I am talking about what we as people can do. This is more about bluring the boundries between the left and the right and I think that the 3rd party candidates may help that.

One thing I thought about roughly 2 weeks before the election took place was to start a 527 group to promote the Libertarian viewpoint. I don't think that the Libertarians will ever have a chance unfortunately and that is because some of the changes are too drastic. But, if we can get a couple of them elected into higher offices then we maybe able to have a chance to ease this divide just a little.

Thats a start but its not going to cure this ailment just by itself. What next?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Americans can organize. Unite. And try to convict George Bush Jr. as a war criminal.

This won't happen. Sorry, too many people agree with his policies in one way or another for this to happen. This needs to happen in the boundaries of the existing system.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

And who would impeach him, the Republican controlled Congress?

Face it, we're screwed.

The more people I talk to, I still have difficulty finding even a minority support for Bush in my local area...and our county showed as one going to Bush. There were about 10 Kerry signs in lawns to every 1 Bush sign...NOBODY seems happy about the results... I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories about Diebold giving the election to the GOP.

If that is true, then we've lost the country folks. PNAC and the NWO would then be (and possibly ARE) fully in control, and the country is no longer that of the people. I really hope that theory is wrong, because if it's right....then we are seriously screwed.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There are several things that the overwhelming majority of US citizens want to happen on both sides of the aisle.

1) Tighter security on the US borders and ports
a new resovle on dealing with the illegal migration from the south w/ true solutions not half hearted ammendments.

2) Freedom from foreign energy sources. Encouraging the research and development of altnative energy would be of the greatest aid to future of this country. Hydrogen/ Oil alternatives are well on thier way. Wind farms are not a realistic alternative.

3) Fix Social security... The long run solutions is to place the funds in Inflation proof bonds but we must figure on how to handle the baby boomers era first.

4) health care for the WORKING POOR. Anything is better than nothing get it started now.

5) Ban Partial Birth Abortion. It is a barbaric proceedure that even in the worst case scenario can be handled more humanely.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ptab01,

thanks for the first constructive ideas here. I really appreciate someone actually saying SOMETHING. But these are all things that our govt needs to do to help us and raise our confidence.

What can we do? There has got to be more than just sitting back, enjoying the ride and casting our vote every couple of years. How can there be drastic change that will help educate other people about the party divides and changes that we all need to make as individuals to better our society.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319
Then marg, you might as well just pack your bags now and leave. This is the worst type of person that we can have right now and you are not contributing to the betterment of the nation or society and you are just a naysayer who will sit back and watch the proverbial S**T hit the fan.

This is sad, pathetic and aggravating.

If you really cared you might actually do something.

Hey this "what" most american do in this country sit back or lie back and let do the job.

And by the way even if I go back to my beutiful Caribbean Island we are still americans. So what is your point, how about your why don't your leave? May be becasue you don't have anywhere to go?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No, because I would rather be one to help fix things in this world than sit back and watch. I am not a lazy selfish bloated american pig that we get stereotyped with. I don't want to move because I don't think I should *have* to.

I'm actually trying to be a contributing member to this country and society. Whereas you just want to laugh if it all goes up in smoke. You are the reason why we all get labelled like we do. You are so willing to scream at the top of your lungs but you have NO WILLINGNESS WHAT SO EVER to do anything about it!

ITS PATHETIC!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The coutry is in shambles rith now and for what I can see people like you like it like that so I am going to let you fix it, and I will sit and sip pinacoladas and margaritas while you do it, how about that.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The coutry is in shambles rith now and for what I can see people like you like it like that so I am going to let you fix it, and I will sit and sip pinacoladas and margaritas while you do it, how about that.

That's really sad. It's not even funny if it's a joke which I don't think it is.

build is right, the problem is that people are sitting around whining but aren't willing to work to fix the problem.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well you completely stereotyped me into the wrong catagory.

I don't like the direction this country is going and I'm not happy about it. I didnt vote for Bush and I wasnt any happier with the choice on the left.

What I'm furious about, is that people like you don't freaking care and are just going to do nothing about it even if they do see problems.

I am refraining from any further comments because you are getting me heated. Just stop posting in this thread Marg6043, because you have wasted my time and the people who actually would like to do somthing for this planet won't want to hear from or help you.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

That's really sad. It's not even funny if it's a joke which I don't think it is.

build is right, the problem is that people are sitting around whining but aren't willing to work to fix the problem.

Jemison

I agree with you see I tried to fix the problem and we did not sucess people like to live like that it seems to me, so now is my turn to sit back and let the ones that wanted to stay the same way, fix it now I bet if they pray to god and jesus in the white house they will do a great job.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I found a site that may answer your question.

www.zmag.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That is an awesome article Simulacra!

I'll post some key points from it later today, but for now I actually have work to do!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join