It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I thought you were calling me a 'troll' ....i guess i misunderstood. (i'm old (30ish))

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Understood.

I was cross-referencing the #hashtags as a joke regarding the #FreeJahar thread posted earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I threw in the #EndTheFed, because I was reminded of #OWS.

(dont as me why) Lol.

Dry humor is the best humor, IMO.

edit on 23-4-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I understand now. I'm not usually so defensive i guess i'm just a little sleepy. no harm no foul. take it ez bud.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

Originally posted by superman2012

..maybe the only difference between us and them is that they don't care about taking another life. We all hate what is happening in the world, however, I am not willing to hurt ANY innocent people while I take my stand. They are. That is what being a coward is all about.

Why is there an "us and them"?

"Us" includes myself, people who will never take an innocent life. "Them" are cowards like the Boston Bombers. They have lost all hope and believe (IMO) that there is only one way to make people aware of problems, and/or only one way to solve problems, violence. The US is a fear based culture, hence the millions of guns.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I have little doubt (mostly due to subsequent actions and evidence) that these two did the deed. I do however, feel there are more involved, including at least one handler, who is still at large (or has already flown back to some nation covered in sand).

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Innocent people do not buy weapons and start making bombs to fight the police with.

Yet...

You probably just ended up on a database for that comment lol

Honestly, if the government wanted to take over all your rights your guns would make no difference. I doubt anything you can buy or make can take on the US military?

No Amber. I just believe that civilians or (the people of a country) can only take so much before they start to turn into the very same thing they loathed before only to fight for their freedom from the oppression imposed by their governments.

As for "taking on the US military", the resistance movements are not dangerous because of the equipment they have or they can buy themselves or the ability they have at the beginning. They are dangerous because they are invisible, because they're doctors and take care of the oppressors mothers during the day and at night they blow up the oppressor's headquarters and because their equipment is the oppressor's equipment, their tactics are based on the enemy's tactics, and because their numbers are far greater than any army. It is true that the army can infiltrate the resistance and take out a cell, but usually its far more dangerous when the resistance has the ability to infiltrate the army which in the US case will most certainly happen - any piece of equipment the US army has, the resistance has.

One thing more... from new kids (20ish) to older guys (vietnam), have you noticed that a large percentage are army vets from one war or another and are still perfectly able? Who teach kids as little as 7 to shoot? The "Resistance" in the US can be very dangerous and is very knowledgeable - you dare to put a convoy of humvees on a narrow street in the middle of a neighbourhood and a patrol on foot and those guys would have a field day with it.

I'll give you a quick example of how stupid and dangerous things can turn really quick... in my country, we have very strict gun regulations - you cant own anything above a .25 and even to get a .25 you have to fill a request and have a plausible reason yadda yadda, lots of bs and paper work, and it will probably get denied. And if you dare to shoot a guy that is going to stab you, shoot you or rape you, you're in for a nice checkered sunset for at least a year - it may sound stupid but you have to be shot first and then return fire, and if you shoot first you'll facing pre meditated murder since when you left the house with your gun, you showed "intention". Please dont comment its already REALLY stupid as it is. Now you want to know the consequences of these policies? Well we have 3 times more illegal weapons (estimate) than legal ones, and legal ones include hunting permits.

What this means: Does this mean there are 3 times more criminals than honest citizens? No. It means that innocent law abiding citizens are arming themselves because the government cant protect them and cant be trusted and they rather feed the criminal black market and its illegal arms trade and are willing to do so to protect themselves and their families - great we trust the criminals more than we trust our governments.

As for the US army, or any army, its not prepared to fight a war like that, nor will it ever be - like the nazis werent.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join