It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel prefers US to attack Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It would be more convenient for Israel if the US attacked Iran because they have the capacity to do so, journalist and author Yossi Melman told RT.

The Israeli intelligence expert argues that Tel Aviv's possible strike on Iran is highly unlikely.

on.rt.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
what a surprise...

Is there anything new or... ?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Typical Jews wanting us to waste our military and spending on trying to get rid of Iran cause they are scared another country tells the world what Israel really is.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Of course they do.. They are a bunch of big mouthed cowards who cannot back threats up without the help of big brother. They will send your countrymen in to die and then clean up like the heroes when everyone else is destroyed.
edit on 22-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Whats the matter with this thread? Are people afraid of flagging this because in someway exposes israel's intents to put other's in harms way for their own profit - as always?

They're evil - whats new about that? Flag it, again and again and let everyone know about their evil plan.

Besides... they're the chosen people. They cant be wrong and they've got nothing to fear if they have God himself by their side now do they?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

No it is the same as NK we DPRK ,the same mess as with little Un one person thinks this must be so , but that is just one person, and the same situation, Iran =DPRK = IRAN from the link rt.com...

YM: This is the point. Iran wants nuclear weapons for various reasons. They want to have hegemony in the region. Nuclear weapons in the hands of a country means national pride, scientific infrastructure, technological development. But also it gives the regime guarantees of survival. We see the North Korean example. They have developed nuclear weapons. They even tested it though unsuccessfully. But they know that if you have nuclear weapons no one is messing with you. This is the precedent, and Iran wants to repeat it. Diplomacy has failed with North Korea and is also failing with Iran.

RT: Do you think Israel is trying to maneuver the US to attack Iran?

YM: I wouldn’t use the word maneuver. Israel wants America to attack Iran as a last resort. If diplomacy fails, and it has failed so far, if the sanctions aren’t working. At the end of the day Iran wouldn’t cave in to the pressure and would assemble a bomb. In such a case Israel prefers the US to do the job not only because it’s more convenient. Above all the US has the capability to inflict a major blow on Iran’s nuclear sites, while Israel’s capabilities are very limited.

RT: What do you think was happening behind the scenes during President Obama’s recent visit to Israel? Who exactly was putting pressure on who vis-à-vis Iran?

YM: I think Obama simply asked Israel not to do anything not coordinated with Washington. In other words, not to attack Iran unless it is coordinated with the US.

RT: Could Israel carry out an attack without coordination?

YM: I don’t believe so. I wrote it in my book, I’ve been writing it in my newspaper articles. I don’t think Israel will attack Iran, because Israel’s capabilities are limited. We can do it, but the damage we can inflict upon Iran and its nuclear sites is very limited. The big question is the if the damage would be that low that Iran will be able to rebuild its nuclear sites in 12-18 months then I think it’s not worth taking the risk.
no is it the risk of the US to take on DPRK when it is South Korea's, China's mess.

edit on 22-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Now now, Israel per se is not evil, it is the Zionist politicians within the Israeli political powerbase that not to be trusted and Zionism that is the problem.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'd prefer Israel grow the hell up and be a man.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimghost

It would be more convenient for Israel if the US attacked Iran
It would be Convenient for the WORLD, if the US stopped Supporting Terrorist States like Israel.

My Favorite "go to" quote.

"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East." -- John Sheehan, S.J. (a Jesuit priest)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No? Not Israel?...

It's pretty common knowledge at this point Israel wants us to make the first strike. Why? So America can take more blame. Frak they already hate us, what are we losing?

Nothing.

-SAP-
edit on 24-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by grimghost

It would be more convenient for Israel if the US attacked Iran
It would be Convenient for the WORLD, if the US stopped Supporting Terrorist States like Israel.

My Favorite "go to" quote.

"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East." -- John Sheehan, S.J. (a Jesuit priest)

Well... its the other way around actually.

The US is the only friend Israel has in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread but who gave Hezbollah a drone?

news.sky.com...

Israel says it has shot down an unmanned drone from Lebanon off the northern coast of Israel.

Military officials said the unmanned aircraft was shot down off the coast in Israeli airspace near the northern city of Haifa.

Deputy defence minister Danny Danon confirmed the shoot down to Israeli army radio.

"We're talking about another attempt by Hizbollah to send an unmanned drone into Israeli territory," he said of the attack

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's probably just a retaliation for the drones Israel sent into Lebanese airspace during the week..

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's probably just a retaliation for the drones Israel sent into Lebanese airspace during the week..

Not to mention the constant violations and overflights of Israeli aircraft across Lebanon!

Israel sure would like to have the US kick things off for them. In fact, it would be just dandy if the US did it all and saved Israel the expense. After all, the US is flush with money for these wars to destabilize all the countries around Isarel and remove any threat to Israel of retaliation. Meanwhile, Israel can continue shooting the fish in the barrel, because it's so much easier dropping bombs on, and shooting people who can't shoot back.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I'm with ya there man, this Middle East crap is madness and I think we need to get the hell out of there before the Muslims wake up and smell the coffee for real. We haven't seen Jihad yet, only the Western Jihad

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

They just don't want to spend the money....

Hmm...that can be taken the wrong way....but seriously, who WOULDN'T want some other nation to spend billions solving THEIR problem?

top topics

join