so i know there are a few threads on this but they are sorta old so here is my story...
Once upon a time with the American Community Survey....
so we are clear, this is not about the u.s.census..i filled that out and sent it in like a good person. this is the 28 page, 72 question American
Family Survey....(24 housing, 48 personal)..you know, the one that asks the questions like..( for those that didnt get it) some select
2)about when was your building first built?
7) how many separate rooms are in this house, apt or mobile home?
10) ...do you or any member of this household have access to the internet? and how?
14) last month, what was the cost for electricity? and sewr? and oil?
19) ...about how much do you think this house and lot, apt would sell for if it were for sale?
22) what is the mortgage payment?
23) do you have a second mortgage?
14) do you speak a language other than english at home?
16) are you covered under any of the following healthcare? -lists 7 with a spot for 'other'
18) because of a physical, mental or emotional condition, does you have serious difficulty concentrating, remebering or makeing decisions?
32) how many people, including you, usually rode to work in a vehicle last week?
33) what time do you usually leave for work?
34) how long does it take you to get home from work?
47) ask how much you made..
also asks about schooling, any degrees and you need to answer this for everybody that lives at the residence....
so how does this info help make up any legislative boundries or add/subtact from congress/house of reps?
now the good stuff...my, my, my are they persistant..started with 1 or 2 calls a day, then a few phone calls every other dayish for a couple days,
then back to 1 or 2 calls... gotten about 4 letters stating the reasons- data gathering to help the community and the ominious 'your response is
required by law'...then starts the personal vists..i live in a apt complex with a secured entry with a non-working entry system..gotto know me
personaly to get ahold of me to let you in...i think we are at vist number 5 or 6 now, they even got into the building once and left a note and card
on the door..(note and card always left in entry way)..always very polite and with the 'by law you must call me' and a new one..'by law i am
required to return untill i contact you'..persistant little bugger....funny part is that im moving in 60 days..so the info is sorta non-valid....
thought i would put this out there for those who may be dealing with this intrusion of my privacy..legal threats to manipulate me into giving out some
rather personel info for a 'data gathering' scheme to be used by the govt and more than llikely put in a format to be sold to insurance companies
ect....... back in the day there was something called a "york directory' which listed all this info that the survey asks for...we used it the
insurance investagation field.....so dont give me that song and dance about not selling the info
a couple of links