Canadian Government Exploits Boston Bombing to Pass Bill to Limit Civil Liberties

page: 2
19
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


Hi BoB
I would have thought everyone was familliar with the Ben Franklin Quote re
'those that trade security for freedom will have niether"




posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


Hi BoB
I would have thought everyone was familliar with the Ben Franklin Quote re
'those that trade security for freedom will have niether"


I would have thought that as well, but apparently Harper is fast tracking this S-7 bill based on the event with via rail today. Never waste a good crisis eh?

Cheers - Dave



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho
 


Yes, these laws were enacted following 9/11 by the LIberals. They then expired having never been implemented in a single case.

If anything, the apprehension of the Boston bombers and the would be VIA Rail bombers proves that they can catch terrorists without extreme laws such as this.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elderlight
reply to post by 200Plus
 


Empty platitude. Does not apply to Canadians. Your words are tripe to me and should be fed to the wolves.


Why wouldn't they apply to Canadians?



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight
 


That's idiotic. Think for yourself. The world is no different than it was 100 or 200 years ago. AQ isn't that big of a problem, the problem is the government of supposed free societies using terrorism to try to make those free societies less free. If this law passes it won't stop people from dying when someone tries to kill them. So it just makes people less free before they die.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Elderlight
reply to post by Telos
 


I do not have an issue with so-called "curbing" of my civil liberties to continue living in a safe society. Only those with something to hide will protest. I applaud extra measures to protect Canadians from the Muslim extremist madmen and women who think that their darkness-based murderous ideologies should be shared by the rest of the world. This is not the world we once knew and the old rules no longer apply. Al-Qaida circles the planet with participants in every country and nation willing to commit terrorist acts against anyone and everyone even to sacrificing their own worthless lives for the al-Qaida monsters. These people are the scourge of an entire planet and need to be routed out tout de suite. Root out the dastardly extremists and put an end to their rule of terror.


Here's a video of people with nothing to hide;

Link to Boston Warrantless Searches

So... you want fries with your local police state terrorism? It will be coming soon I expect with S-7.
edit on 4/23.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)


Bob don't bother. It's because people like the one you've quoted that we have one of the most passive societies in the world.


Root out the dastardly extremists and put an end to their rule of terror.:up


I'd say: Please God root out the retards and put an end to their rule of stupidity. Please make this world douche free
edit on 23-4-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
What all the world Governments want to get to, is having chips implanted in every individual

We will keep seeing terrorism til every last human is chipped


On the subject:




posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I saw this in the news and thought; "What extremely convenient timing those Mounties have."



The House of Commons was several hours into a debate Monday over a government-sponsored counterterrorism bill that would give authorities extra powers of arrest and detention when the RMCP announced they had foiled an al-Qaeda-backed plan to attack a Toronto-area passenger train.

The Globe and Mail

I wonder if they waited until this thing was up for debate to make the arrests?



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Elderlight
 


That's idiotic. Think for yourself. The world is no different than it was 100 or 200 years ago. AQ isn't that big of a problem, the problem is the government of supposed free societies using terrorism to try to make those free societies less free. If this law passes it won't stop people from dying when someone tries to kill them. So it just makes people less free before they die.


less free before they die.....less free before they die.....less free before they die......
A thousand stars..........



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   


,,,the Combating Terrorism Act, which would authorize police to pre-emptively detain Canadians and hold them for up to three days without charging them.


Wow. That's what stood out to me. What can the average citizen do to stop this from passing?



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To my fellow Canadians who 'don't care' because they 'don't affect me'. Can you be that naive? These laws state that they can detain ANYBODY for 3 days without any proof of involvement - which technically we all fall into that category. All they have to say is that magic world 'terrorism' and all your liberties disappear. What if your name is the same as someone on the 'no-fly' list? What if a 'suspected terrorist' kindly asked you where the nearest train station was when you were walking down the street? I know these seem unlikely but these types of laws open up the doors to others and before you know it more and more of your rights and freedoms are taken away.

I am content with the current laws as they have been doing just fine foiling any potential plots on Canadian soil. I feel no need for them to have laws such as this.
edit on 23-4-2013 by fenceSitter because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You know what's worse than Canada taking its citizens rights away?

The citizens' apparent complete apathy towards having their rights taken away.

Just goes to show you that, when it comes down to it, laziness and ignorance will always win in the end.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


This is Canada and our "rights" are not being extinguished nor taken away. Such a ridiculous concept and statement.

We are not like the US Americans.
We are not loathed throughout the entire planet.
We do not live in fear and paranoia.
We may not agree with our politicians but we do not assassinate them either.
We have no desire to invade other countries to steal their natural resources.

I enjoy seeing high police presence in my neighbourhood.
I have nothing to fear.
Paranoia is not a part of my world.
Neither do I have semi and full assault weapons cached in my closets in fear of invasion.
Canada is a vastly more sane nation to live in and I do not want to think like an American - ever!

This 3rd dimension is the physical dimension.
We create everything in it and I choose to live in a neutral state so as not to contribute to the insanity.

Should the police come to my door I shall welcome them.
My world is and shall continue to be a kinder place to dwell in and paranoia has no place in it.
.
Albert Einstein Quote:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

My Favourite AE Quote:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Addition
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Addition
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight
 


Since you seem to be quite fooled, I will say only this: Those who will willingly relinquish their rights in exchange for security deserve neither. The reaction of the American and Canadian gov'ts recently reminds me of a documentary I saw from the mid-thirties. It was a little hard to understand, though, because it was in GERMAN. Take from that what you will.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Elderlight
 


Since you seem to be quite fooled, I will say only this: Those who will willingly relinquish their rights in exchange for security deserve neither. The reaction of the American and Canadian gov'ts recently reminds me of a documentary I saw from the mid-thirties. It was a little hard to understand, though, because it was in GERMAN. Take from that what you will.n



Consider the following:
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are really incapable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein.

Not my words but the quote makes total sense to me as Mr. Einstein's opinions were intuitively divined from a higher plane within him. These were combined with awareness of peoples' motivations, his environment and the world at large.

Keep your mental trash to yourself please. You guys spout
platitudes like broken faucets. You obviously know nothing of Canada and can never know anything of Canada.
You seem to have a closed way of thinking. Consider the following:
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are really incapable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein.

Not my words but the quote makes total sense to me as Mr. Einstein's opinions were intuitively divined from a higher plane within him. These were combined with awareness of peoples' motivations, his environment and the world at large.

There is no complacency here it is just that we do not fight our shadows every step of the way fearing phantoms around every corner.

No one is "free". It is an internal existence only and I have this sense of internal freedom.
What happens around me physically is something that I cope with in My Own Way, as it arrives striving to be emotionally neutral so as not to contribute to the trauma/drama that so many folk crave to feel alive.

I will continue to live and think in a nonviolent way. A person has no power when insane from strong emotion.
Go ahead and continue to live in fear and paranoia screaming that the sky is falling, alien forces are invading and your freedom is at risk. What you believe is what you create and that is what you get. Wow!!!

I do not want to live in a world like that with extreme paranoia always prepared to defend and attack.

Keep it to yourself thank you. That is your world- I don't want it - I hope you're happy with it.



edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Editing
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Correction



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elderlight
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


This is Canada and our "rights" are not being extinguished nor taken away. Such a ridiculous concept and statement.

We are not like the US Americans.
We are not loathed throughout the entire planet.
We do not live in fear and paranoia.
We may not agree with our politicians but we do not assassinate them either.
We have no desire to invade other countries to steal their natural resources.

I enjoy seeing high police presence in my neighbourhood.
I have nothing to fear.
Paranoia is not a part of my world.
Neither do I have semi and full assault weapons cached in my closets in fear of invasion.
Canada is a vastly more sane nation to live in and I do not want to think like an American - ever!

This 3rd dimension is the physical dimension.
We create everything in it and I choose to live in a neutral state so as not to contribute to the insanity.

Should the police come to my door I shall welcome them.
My world is and shall continue to be a kinder place to dwell in and paranoia has no place in it.
.
Albert Einstein Quote:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

My Favourite AE Quote:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Addition
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Addition
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: (no reason given)


Sometimes I just can't fathom the naivety of people. History tells us over and over again that when the numbers of laws are increased and freedoms taken away, rape, murder and genocide follow by the people making the laws and taking away the freedoms. The rape and murder of innocents is a daily occurrence in any war zone and S-7 makes us just that, a war zone.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Elderlight
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


This is Canada and our "rights" are not being extinguished nor taken away. Such a ridiculous concept and statement.

We are not like the US Americans.
We are not loathed throughout the entire planet.
We do not live in fear and paranoia.
We may not agree with our politicians but we do not assassinate them either.
We have no desire to invade other countries to steal their natural resources.

I enjoy seeing high police presence in my neighbourhood.
I have nothing to fear.
Paranoia is not a part of my world.
Neither do I have semi and full assault weapons cached in my closets in fear of invasion.
Canada is a vastly more sane nation to live in and I do not want to think like an American - ever!

This 3rd dimension is the physical dimension.
We create everything in it and I choose to live in a neutral state so as not to contribute to the insanity.

Should the police come to my door I shall welcome them.
My world is and shall continue to be a kinder place to dwell in and paranoia has no place in it.
.
Albert Einstein Quote:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

My Favourite AE Quote:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Addition
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Addition
edit on 23-4-2013 by Elderlight because: (no reason given)


Sometimes I just can't fathom the naivety of people. History tells us over and over again that when the numbers of laws are increased and freedoms taken away, rape, murder and genocide follow by the people making the laws and taking away the freedoms. The rape and murder of innocents is a daily occurrence in any war zone and S-7 makes us just that, a war zone.

Cheers - Dave


With your mentality you couldn't possibly understand. I will not even try. Enjoy your world.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus
 


That one made my day lol. It's rare that good comedic value can be found on this site, eh? Don't worry, we're not as easily offended (at least with the people I know) as you may think ya know.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte
 


Don't worry, that guy is obviously quite misinformed and one angry feller to boot. He obviously did not read the statutes of Bill S7 before replying in such a manner.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight
 


Ummm...you do realize that I'm Canadian....right? You really shouldn't put yourself up on a pedestal eh. Pride comes before the fall you know. Also, just whom are you referring to when you shout "You guys.." at me? You don't know me so don't assume that I have anything in common with a group of people that you quite inadequately understand. Just because you are naive, don't expect the rest of "us guys" to follow suit. Have fun with your head buried in the sand.





new topics




 
19
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join