It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't keep up with Boston.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I could, but *poof* all my time is spent.

Honestly, I subscribed to this thread, one of the first:

Breaking News!

Then the second, in BAN:

Bombs in Boston!

Got riled by this one.

And completely missed the MEGATHREAD that has everything on report as it went down. It'll take a while to read that thread. But I do that. I read threads from start to finish.

Till then, I was skeptical. Then my opinion, and research, made me subscribe to This Thread.

and this one....

and this one.....

and this one.......

and this one........

and this one..........

and also this one. The latest. For now.

To make matters worse, I am working on another thread, collecting pics, but for now, there's just too much information out there.

Boston threads show up in many different forums, and that is a bear of a mole on a frog's hind leg to keep track of.

And, yes, I lurk. ALOT!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sure is funny for a rant !!!

You know what? I gave up...not only are the threads tough to follow through but they just had me totally confused...too much conspiracy, too much paranoia and too much hate...too much inconclusive evidence, too much speculation, too much innuendos...

Drove me nuts. Really.

I fully understand you.

ETA:

P.S. If it can make you feel any better, think of the Mods that have to follow through a lot of the insanity...

edit on 22-4-2013 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can, and those who say they have the answers are just kidding themselves..

The story has changed so many times that even those "involved" don't know the truth...

Just like 9/11 and 7/7 No one will ever know. Just sit back grab some popcorn and a scotch and watch the story twist and turn some more...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You thread glutton, you. I can't keep up either Druid. I stayed for the whole, from pg 1, Mega-Scanner-Thread...that ate up almost 27 hours straight of my life. It was worth it.

Some I entered, and was immediately turned off by cries of fakery over the dead and injured....with gory pics to prove their points. (Kudos to Staff for deleting those pics quickly) Any thread title that even intimated that such would be in it, I passed on.

Boston threads have been breeding like rabbits in Springtime.....no way to keep up with them. And, a lot of them are redundant with a slight twist.

Good Rant Druid....

Des

edit on 22-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm glad you guys agree. Whew.

I also feel sorry for the mods, they are earning their non-existent paychecks. Special thanks to all of them during this tragedy!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You and me both Druid.....and there is no reason too.

Conspiracy after another...

*I FOUND THE REAL BOMBER* shows a picture with red and blue circles over some craft dude.

*What happened to the lady that was in the blast zone next to the 8 year old* Jeez

I
everytime I see a Boston thread. Stop feeding the drama you star and flag whores.

I wanted to rant like you did but then again didn't want to feed the whole thing. I rather spend my energy towards positive avenues. S & F 4 you brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm in

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I only saw the bombing and participated in the mega thread for a while until after the shootout and the big sweep. Then I logged off and haven't been back since. I spent the entire weekend doing something worthwhile...

digging thru other peoples garbage.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh, I'm still reading the threads, and looking for new ones, but most of it is repeated information, redundancy to the max.

That's tedious.

There's three groups competing:

The False Flaggers, the Real Eventers, and the InBetweeners.

I'm an InBetweener. Something is just plain, well, not right. Can't put my finger on it yet.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

"I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH BOSTON"

Maybe that's the whole point ? Ever heard of saturation media ? When we are given so much information that the time and research needed to look deeper into the official holes isn't really possible and most people then just give up at the first hurdle. Just look at 9/11 over 10 years later, still so many different versions being thrown around that each one can discredit the others leaving us back to square one. Yet we know who really planned it and why, but rather then target those people and organizations, we argue amongst ourselves over which is the correct theory, all the while the real culprits retire to the good life for their role played. And we do it over and over again, reminding me of a definition of INSANITY.......'to do the same thing over an over again but expect a different outcome each time'. And what do WE all do ? And what is happening to THEM while we do what we do, over and over ? We do the same thing again, they get the good life, and we do it again

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

True enough, and I'll even say that MSM is the only source of 'fact' that most people get. Most people quit caring because the event is not directly affecting them, and 'oh Vampire Diaries' and such draw their attention away.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We gave up too. The traffic was almost too much to handle for the servers, which made our modding activities (closing/redirecting threads) bog it down even more...it was a nightmare (and a learning lesson). We shared your frustration. The "megathread" as you call it is pretty cool at one part, as it was all of us giving scanner updates throughout the manhunt, so you can hear things go down as they happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I feel ya.

I was over it the day it happened, but only because I spent that day digging into the story out of obsession. After taking lethal doses of the mainstream AND alternative media, it drove me mad in a few hours flat... now I don't wanna hear anything about it.

The fact that they're STILL covering the news with headlines like "Suspect may move hospitals" and "Boater turns hero" makes me think that more than just CISPA is going to pass under everyone's noses. Everyone is terribly distracted right now. From what? Dunno. Won't know till its too late.

I'm beyond the point of caring anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
how else do you think the powers that be intend on confuddling the issue with insane paranoid claims.

The whole point of information over load is to give the masses so much info they drown in it.

Half the posts on ATS are pure drivel and garbage and the morons that propagate it are the ones adding to the problem that is growing on ATS.

People have stopped thinking rationally and shooting from the emotional hip so to speak and as such every tom dick and harry wants to add their 2cts to the conversation. There is nothing wrong with the expression of an opinion so dont get me wrong. But there are a fair number of sock puppets and trolls on this site ruining the whole experience.

Now is that organized or just a sign of the self glorifying society we all live in where everybody feels they have to be a super star or they are nothing. Im sure shows like idol and (insert local country) has talent isnt helping promote this mentality.

So in closing my advice to you would be to follow your natural instinct and in fact NOT keep up with the diarrhea that is being spewed on here about the bombings. Ultimately nothing we talk about here in relation to that even will change that it happened. And nothing we discover will change who gets prosecuted.

I try to focus on threads where the mass morons dont like to tread. It works wonders for your blood pressure lol.
edit on 24-4-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join