It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are conspiracy theory skeptics, not skeptical of the Controlled Mass Media's accepted versions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

The news is all controlled and they do have a political agenda. This has been going on since before any of us were

even born. Its called Propaganda. Look it up I don't have to prove it. I want to know why Skeptics don't get it. Are

they brainwashed or are they just pushing the agenda because it somehow benefits them?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everyone should be a skeptic.
That goes for information found on the MSM and alternative news sources.

Often you'll find that conspiracies require a greater leap in logic, with less evidence, than the official story.
In those cases, being a skeptic will prevent you from being an alternative sheep.
On the flip side, blindly trusting the MSM without any skepticism is just as bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The mass media never lie, are always honest with their opinions and thoughts and even when they are reporting live from the scene, no-one should or can question their credibility.. I love you CNN...

But because it was 22 years ago I guess it still doesn't happen in today's world

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

The news is all controlled and they do have a political agenda. This has been going on since before any of us were

even born. Its called Propaganda. Look it up I don't have to prove it. I want to know why Skeptics don't get it. Are

they brainwashed or are they just pushing the agenda because it somehow benefits them?

And there are many in the MSM with different political agendas you know.

So which side is controlling us?

Would it be the conservative side with FOX and Limbaugh or the other side with MSNBC and Ed Shultz?

See the problem with your theory of mass media control? You'd expect for them to at least have the same agenda wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Of course they lie and often get their facts wrong but that doesn't mean they are taking part in any grand scheme to control the population for nefarious reasons.

It comes down to competiton, profits, personal agendas, things of that nature. Not some silly group somewhere dictating to all the media exactly what they should and shouldn't report.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Of course they lie and often get their facts wrong but that doesn't mean they are taking part in any grand scheme to control the population for nefarious reasons.

It comes down to competiton, profits, personal agendas, things of that nature. Not some silly group somewhere dictating to all the media exactly what they should and shouldn't report.

What? If they reported the truth we wouldn't be in the Middle East still.. The sway peoples opinions through the absolute rubbish they report. Though they may be in competition in one way or the other, the stories are pretty much the same. When it comes to anything on the global scene, good luck finding a Western media outlet that will disagree with another one. They are all fighting for the same manager. Mainly the US ggovernment and who ever controls those morons.
edit on 23-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hate to spoil your party. This clip is being parrated around too much. You should take a look here.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am skeptical of many of the theories thrown about around here, but there are times I do agree the official story is not an accurate account of what happened or why. Here's the problem. I state what I believe as far as, for example, 9/11 is concerned. Well, my theory of what I believe has been covered up and why is not good enough and I'm bashed as just being blind to the truth.

So, I do question many things, but I also wait for all of the information before spouting out nonsense. When people talk about conspiracies such as JFK, 9/11, etc, those topics have plenty of information to work from and you can find many logical posts on both sides of the conspiracy there. That isn't the case with Boston, Sandy Hook, or Aurora. There is very little verified, factual information as these cases are ongoing, yet there are plenty of us willing to declare complete knowledge of the conspiracy. So, yeah, on those threads I am not willing to entertain craziness and I will call out people making grand conspiracies out of an event they have absolutely no real facts on.

Doesn't mean I'm not skeptical of the situation, I just prefer to wait until the full facts are made available before I jump to conspiratorial conclusions. And when something like Boston first breaks, I'm skeptical of everything that is reported. Not because I think it is an intentional lie, but because I've seen how the media's new approach to reporting is to throw out any and every tidbit of theory they can and then apologize later if it's wrong rather than verifying facts before reporting them.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

us skeptics

You are not a sceptic.

You are a true believer of the Mainstream Media

You keep using the word "sceptic" incorrectly, as if only people who believe the mainstream media, ARE THE SCEPTICS, and that somehow people who DON'T believe the mainstream media are NOT sceptics.

This is wholly opposed to the actual meaning of sceptic.

Stop calling yourself a sceptic, because you are not one.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by CyberTruth

Skeptics worship at the feet of authority; the false gods of conformity and religion.

Their personality profiles them as people that would turn on the TV to CNN rather than look out the window if someone said "it's raining"

Naw, us skeptics do not believe the media is godlike. They have an agenda but its localized to their profit margin not some grand conspiracy to sway public opinion one way or the other.

You are far from being skeptical as far as I can tell from your previous posts; You invariably take the side of authority and the powers that be; defending their position. Loyalty can be an admirable quality but not when attached to proven liars and That applies to the MSM, the government, the entertainment industry, and any other control freaks with an agenda.

btw, I'm a producer/director for a cable access TV channel and even we have limitations on the subjects we can cover and how we present our programming.
The FCC has a heavy hand!!!

If you want to see how the media really works; become a producer/director for your local public access channel.
And then you can speak from experience and not just your opinion.

start here....www.cablevision.com...

en.wikipedia.org...://www.cablevision.com/local/access/qa.jsp

www.fcc.gov...

edit on 23-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join