It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck, the King of Failed Predictions...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by onthedownlow

You apparently are "new" to my threads and my thinking. That's okay - I know I'm not the center of the universe. NOTHING about Beck, Lmbaugh, or Jones is soft-spoken. NO ONE that I know (and yes, I know some of the Fox News, Beck, and Limbaugh followers. Some are in my family, and some are friends of people I know) - and they are certainly NOT soft-spoken! They make Jon and Stephen sound like meek, shy kids!

The Beck followers are hateful, LOUD, all too willing to attack, don't know what they're talking about when they accuse Progressives of being Commies. They are really hard to talk to, let alone listen to, and they REFUSE to listen.

You and your family are absolute strangers to me, and I am an absolute stranger to you. If you are one of the conservatives embarrassed by Beck & Co, and wanting to re-invent and re-brand the GOP, good for you. You're not making much of a dent, however, as far as MSM goes.

I make it my business to study ALL sides - knowing full well they are propaganda - I look at everything from HuffPost to AlJazeera, from Fox News to MSNBC, as well as overseas news outlets so I can see how America is discussed around the globe. THEN I make my determinations after weighing and balancing them against one another.

I merely suggested that, instead of attacking Beck because the left doesn't like his message, that they discredit the information. What I got in return was rhetoric, a suggestion that I am unintelligent and unbalanced, an attempt to discredit me because I don't just willingly agree with your course of thinking. Nobody should get a free pass, but the left has become so polarized over the last 12 years that anyone speaking for the left gets a free pass. The right gets demonized. You try to reinforce your well traveled view point, but you only hear what you want, what fits your agenda. Beck should be championed for bringing the discussion on a possible terrorist to the forefront, yet he is chided and excused, with the complete absence of a discussion. You are doing your business a disservice because you are the exact opposite of what you claim to be- open minded. What is so wrong with having the discussion?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Beck should be championed for bringing the discussion on a possible terrorist to the forefront, yet he is chided and excused, with the complete absence of a discussion. You are doing your business a disservice because you are the exact opposite of what you claim to be- open minded. What is so wrong with having the discussion?

Beck is a conspiracy theorist, downlow.

I am absolutely open-minded, but I am also able to discern good journalism from propaganda. Don't tell me 'exactly' what I am - we are having a discussion, and I told you what I have discerned about Glenn Beck and his agenda.

It has very little to do with reality, let alone actual history, but is spreading far-right-wing hysteria that is infiltrating our entire society. I'm sorry you felt insulted in any way - I am simply stating my opinion of the man and his style.

I told you how I look at the news, now you are saying I'm the OPPOSITE of open-minded? I did not say you were unintelligent, ever. I didn't think that, and I still don't. I'm also not a shrinking violet, and when I see dangerous rhetoric and appallingly sensationalist and bigoted garbage being held up as 'noble' or worthy of 'championing', I get very, very nervous.

I guess we won't be able to have the discussion, though, as you clearly dismiss my opinion out of hand. Oh well.

The right gets demonized.

Because of people like my family members, who repeat Beck's hatred and mud-slinging as 'truth', without looking at the other side. I also said that if you are one of the less vocal 'conservatives' who is trying to stem the obvious right-wing push for a theocratic America, that I applaud you - THOSE are the people who should be championed - the quiet, steady conservatives who are encouraging the GOP to re-frame it's "rhetoric".

Beck is like Pat Robertson - a popular fear-monger and bigot. And the "left" is TOTALLY demonized by people like them! Progressives are Communists? Please. No, they are not.

If you don't want to watch that very brief intro to Progressive thinking, here is a statement of their mission:

The Progressive is a monthly left-wing magazine of investigative reporting, political commentary, cultural coverage, activism, interviews, poetry, and humor.

It steadfastly stands against:
militarism,
the concentration of power in corporate hands,
and the disenfranchisement of the citizenry.

It champions
peace,
social and economic justice,
civil rights,
civil liberties,
human rights,
a preserved environment,
and a reinvigorated democracy.

Its bedrock values are nonviolence and freedom of speech.
www.progressive.org...

edit on 23-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am sorry if I sounded defensive, perhaps I was. It is obvious that you are passionate about your beliefs, and you have my respect for that. I have very traditional values, but I believe that government should seek to govern from the middle. I believe that the right is becoming polarized, and I used to fear it, but now I see it as a necessary evil, the only means of bringing the center back to the middle. In my first response, I said that your politics and bias would be shaped by your social beliefs, that goes for both of us. I am very familiar with progressive ideology, but it is no less slanted than conservative or theological ideologies- they are all agenda driven and corruptible. My apologies if I have insulted you in any way, and I will bow out gracefully because I fear that you are more eloquently spoken than myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

In my first response, I said that your politics and bias would be shaped by your social beliefs, that goes for both of us. I am very familiar with progressive ideology, but it is no less slanted than conservative or theological ideologies- they are all agenda driven and corruptible. My apologies if I have insulted you in any way, and I will bow out gracefully because I fear that you are more eloquently spoken than myself.

Nah, you're fine. I know I come across as strong-willed, and it is true that I am. Yes, they are all agenda-driven and corruptible.

You seem perfectly eloquent to me.

In fact, I suspect we would agree on quite a lot. I'm not a hard-liner of any variety - and I understand and value the necessity of open dialogue between the factions. What I've seen going on in Congress and Wall Street over the last decade frightens me a great deal. I can't imagine a worse horror than a theocratic oligarchy...and it looks to me like there are people with lots of clout and money and fans that are trying to do just that. I aim to point out their extremist, dangerous views, and the way they disenfranchise SO MANY PEOPLE and paint them as "lazy takers" or whatever.

When people get so upset that they start actively labelling people "Commies" and so forth, it is maddening....it's no different than people painting the entire Christian world as bible-thumping theocrats who want to run the world, like Pat Robertson; or the Evangelical Theocrats saying that Catholics aren't Christians.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I specifically remember hearing him during his "summer of rage" soliloquy as I sat in my car during break, listening to talk radio,

Ol' Glennie was painting a dire picture that day.

***EDIT*** As far as the 'King' claim: I think Alex Jones may have that one all sewn up.
edit on 4/23/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: Added Alex Jones Comment

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Beck outed SA goons (*) as a CIA front which would have been a truly epic troll had he not tried to instrumentalize the death of a goon for his political purposes at the same time.

Still a worthy try.

(*) actually EVE goons but he didn't seem to get the distinction.
edit on 23-4-2013 by hakona because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Beck fear mongers, demonizes anyone who does not think like him, ridicules any conspiracy theory unless he came up with it, and once he has you in a paranoid frenzy he pitches you some sale item which is supposed to help you fight off what he has you fearing. And to further sweeten the pot he tries to endear you to the people selling you items by saying they are really good people.. really good God loving american people.

The guy is a joke and definitely preys on the weak minded.

He says some truths which are twisted with lies.
edit on 23-4-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

good work. Somebody has to have a memory longer than 48 hours.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Mr Beck has been correct about many predictions.His overall record has been quite accurate.He has given this nation a voice in the media where their has been none.He's a decent man who cares about this nation its borders, language, and culture.(Doc) No he's not part of the group trying to tear it down.You will do well if you have 1% of the success that he has had. So stop sounding like a man with a paper a**hole.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I already did, that he is again grasping at straws and if this kid was supposed to be in Ohio that's why he was deported.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychicCroMag

His type of success is intellectually challenged. He can keep his money made off the backs of those that love fear mongering. Your comment does not follow the T & C's. Obviously you did a hit and run tactic. Set a nerve off did I?
edit on 23-4-2013 by SinMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Metallicus

I'm awaiting claims of predictions of his that have come true. So we can compare and contrast I'd say a chart is in order.

I'm still waiting for "Obama" (if that's even his real name) to do anything that he promised in 2008 (forget about 2012).

The unemployment rate alone is STILL higher than what it was when he was elected 5 years ago. Tens of millions have totally dropped out of the workforce. His signature legislation -- the massively flawed "Obamacare", is collapsing as we speak (and killing more jobs along the way).

Obama has been a massive and undeniable failure across the board and yet a slim majority of Americans are either so stricken with his race (even tough he's mostly white), charisma (Hitler had charisma to burn), or promises of handouts that have never and will never come, they were able to "elect" him again as millions of Evangelicals sat home unable to vote for a Mormon.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

AHHHHH YES!!! And there it is. The "oh yeah?! well Obama (or insert name here) sucks too!" comeback. Classic my friend (if "my friend" is your actual name), classic.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't hate or like Beck. If he's able to make money and become rich off of others I have no problem with that. He takes bits of truth and information and turns it into an idea or prediction. I don't find that any crazier than many people here coming to various conclusions based on information.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Anyone who believes this douche Beck, loses all credibility with me. That guy is such a tool and a troll. I bet people dont even know the guy tried to be a stand up comedian at one point in his career. He's a huge troll that says stupid stuff to get rating and money. I'll trust Bill O Reilly before i trust Beck. And i cant stand O Reilly

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
An ATS thread slamming a conspiracy theorist. It doesn't get any better than this. Please: continue.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Here you go. A running count of all promises made during 2008 and 2012 campaigns. Seeing as by their count he has managed to come through on 242 of the things he said he'd do as well as compromising on another 130, despite the obstruction in Congress, I'd call your claim of him not doing anything quite ridiculous.

Link

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

If I had a dollar for every poster on ATS who "predicted" something that failed to materialize I could retire. Glass houses and rocks and all that.

I'm going to go look for lizard men, grey men, ghosts and UFOs now. Maybe rub some crystals together and interpret some dreams about mother earth.

This is (as the owl said) a hoot.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Hmmm well maybe you'd like to take a look at this, since he has kept quite a few promises. Can't always hope for them all especially since the right doesn't want to cooperate with him. Take a look: www.politifact.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Also another FYI here:

Obama's net Worth 12 Million

Beck's net Worth 101 Million

So for all here who talk about the 'neocon' conspiracy wouldn't it seem like Beck is much more an 'agent' of it? I mean some college basketball coaches have a higher net worth then Obama. To me he isn't making nearly enough to be an agent for anyone.
edit on 24-4-2013 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join