It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just 3% of Americans own, control 97% of all privately held US land (QE owns 1/6th world)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So much for being constitutional, virtually no men are created equal in the capacity of ownership, the so-called American dream.

I was perusing this National Heritage article and was shocked by those figures. How can only 3% Americans hoard 97% of all land available for private ownership to themselves?

Millions of Americans own their own homes. However, our country faces grave inequities and vital problems in maintaining and administering its land. Three per cent of this nation's people own or control 97% of its privately-owned land. In New York City, the most populous and heavily-built place in the country, fully ten-per cent of the land available for building is vacant -- entirely unused -- while 100,000 people are homeless.

I used to think USA is a long, long way from literally only just a few monopolies & filthy, scandalously rich owning virtually all of America fair and square. But reality is, it's been that way for a long while already and all that's lefty is ownership by very few - not entrepreneurs but vatican, royal bloodlines & other heirs of amerindian-killers, zionists; those privvy to acquire through purchasing & sequestering gold via us monopoly money & ownership of the government itself - in total!

www.landreport.com...

1. John Malone
2. Ted Turner
3. Emmerson Family
4. Brad Kelley
5. Irving Family
6. Singleton Family
7. King Ranch Heirs
8. Pingree Heirs
9. Reed Family
10. Stan Kroenke

Queen of England owns 1/6 or 17% of Earth- from video below

other facts from above video:
US government owns 1/3 America (not all?)
in contrast, China own alls their land, one can't even get a freehold
(note, this post isn't about who owns debt!)
edit on Tue Apr 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i find this hard to believe, considering how many in
america have their homes paid for, all they owe is the
yearly taxes, i would bet those numbers are way off.

Kind of like [snip] poles where 97% of americans
want gun control... its all in who you poll and how
you ask the questions... same here, all in what you
include in the research...

nope just cant believe those numbers are correct. I'm sure
a small percent dose in fact own a large amount of land,
but not what is being presented.
edit on Tue Apr 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have to wonder what percentage of people actually own their land, mortgage free, and what percentage of privately owned land is owned by the banks, as the legal holders of the titles.

This country has been so completely scammed over the last ten years, it is like the whole country has been stolen from under us.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...
Above is a link to Business Insider's article that the same people and simular numbers. It does not limit the numbers to just US land holdings, as it does show that Ted Turner owns land in Argentina as well. That is a fact that I did not know about. Ted Turner owns much of the private land in New Mexico and is a big name here. I am cuious to know just how much land in th US can be privately owned, and can it be considered "owned" if it can be taken from you by the government for not paying your rent, oops, taxes on it. It can also be taken for other reasons as well, is that ownership? On the deeds to the land it lists tenants, not owners.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
People do not realise the homeless are homeless because of drugs, abuse, addiction, crime and various troubles. They cannot be put in home usually without extra care therefore . This is why they are usually on the streets. Its not that they dont want to rehome them, they do. But its very tricky because these types of people are often unable to take care of their home and so on with so many bad habits.

People think its simple- it isnt.

It doesnt suprise me that the vatican, and so on own alot of land. They have alot of money.

But you have a good " name" list there.....
edit on 23-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Many people are also homeless because they suffer from mental illness. It is really sad, and extremely difficult to deal with.

This doesn't excuse the extreme levels of hording wealth, that is not tied to contribution to the creation of wealth, but the insane drive for wealth.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic

I can't get sound on the video to work, and it appears to show no graphs.
But I can't help suspecting that this is a mistake for what should have been quoted as "one-sixth of Britain", which sounds much more plausible.
The planet has only got six continents. I doubt if she owns the equivalent of one of them.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
-I would probably agree with those figures.

I moved into a fairly good sized city close to where I grew up (I grew up rural) and in the last 5 or so years I have seen a disturbing trend. First, nobody here "owns" their home (I know one person who 'owns' but he is closer to the suburbs) most are rentals which are quickly being bought up by Corporations and a few local Landlords (there are three main landlords in this city)-

So anyhow, last winter there was a ton of vacant property here. Nice homes which had been foreclosed on, they were everywhere. My wife and I love it here and figured we could get a great deal on a duplex or triplex and live in one part while renting the other 1/2 units out. The city then dd the craziest thing I have ever seen, they "bundled" the homes into "packages" which had to be sold in full. In otherwords, they sold the homes incredibly cheap (some for $50.00) but you had to buy 20 or so houses at a time and have the money to improve them, pay back taxes, etc... Of coarse all the "nice" homes sold in bundles to the same three landlords and to these rental Companies- One of the homes we had our eye on was turned into 2 rentals within a month of the sale (one rents for $700/month, the upper rents for $500/month) which essentially means the rental company bought the home for nothing, did painting and cleaning and will break even on the sale in less than a year.

Anyhow, the garbage that was left was sold to the public and then TAKEN AWAY.www.mlive.com... and demolished. Now, I watched this all go down. The "good" homes were all bundled and given away to people with huge bank Accounts and corporations. The "junk" which was left over was sold to the people (it was all in need of repair) and then after people did the repairs the homes were taken away and demolished.

-Anyhow, home ownership is in decline rapidly here and many other cities. This snowballs into crime and blight because less home owners means less pride in a neighborhood.

So yeah. Come to think about it the only place I ever saw majrity home owners was in the suburbs and rural areas I have lived- But in the last decade or so things have gotten very "topheavy" and I know less homeowners than ever. Once the baby Boomers pass on I imagine it will be far worse.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by tropic

I can't get sound on the video to work, and it appears to show no graphs.
But I can't help suspecting that this is a mistake for what should have been quoted as "one-sixth of Britain", which sounds much more plausible.
The planet has only got six continents. I doubt if she owns the equivalent of one of them.

The figure is correct. Queen Elizabeth II does own 1/6th of the Earth. Here is one example:-

en.wikipedia.org...

89% of the land of Canada is owned by The Crown in the name of The Monarch. The same goes for Australia, New Zealand and many others across The World.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Queen doesn't actually own as private property all the land in the British Isles that is owned by The Crown.

"In the United Kingdom, the Crown Estate is a property portfolio owned by the Crown. Although still belonging to the monarch and inherent with the accession of the throne, it is no longer the private property of the reigning monarch and cannot be sold by him/her, nor do the revenues from it belong to the monarch personally (as each monarch, upon accession, surrenders the surplus revenues in return for an annual grant known as the Civil List). It is managed by an independent organisation headed by the Crown Estate Commissioners. The surplus revenue from the Estate is paid each year to HM Treasury. The Crown Estate is formally accountable to Parliament, to which it makes an annual report."

Its not as sinister as it first sounds. Given that she doesn't personally own the UK land I doubt she really owns 1/6th the world.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Queen of England owns Canada and Australia, both are pretty large land masses. She also owns the British Ilses, and many other chunks of land around the globe.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
The Queen of England owns Canada and Australia, both are pretty large land masses.

Own is a pretty big word. I live in Canada and the Queen is not very active around here. Stephen Harper has it his way and political parties are very colourful.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Exactly, it is a common misconception from those not in the UK. The list provided is also inaccurate. The Kidman Family (as in Nicole Kidman) are actually the 7th largest landowners on the planet and yet do not appear on those lists at all.

Crown Land is used to generate income for the Treasury of the UK. At one point in history, that reference would have been correct. Since the break up of the Commonwealth, much of that land was "nationalised" (rightly) by those gaining independence.

In terms of actual wealth, the Queen is far less rich than people wish to believe. For example, only this week it was revealed she is below JK Rowling (Harry Potter author) in the Rich List. As of April 12, 2012, her net worth was £310 Million.

therichest.org

This figure was arrived at because it is now accepted that she doesn't own the Crown Jewels, etc, rather the Monarch is the custodian of assets such as the National Collection.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you broaden your search you'll find that your percentages apply not only to land but to almost all equities in general. When the whole economic implosion happened we discussed this extensively. Pretty much everything of value is owned by a very, very small minority of the population. This is why just about every decision made in government and business seems to go against The People. We hold no sway. We're simply peasants in all but name.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's funny. Some people work their entire lifetime trying to get their dream house, car, etc. And no matter how hard these people work, they will never achieve as much as these individuals and families. The US isn't the only victim though. Throughout the world we got these goddamn families ruling over the world, we, the people being their pawns in their game to stay at the top. We can quit trying to pretend that we have rights and we are free. The silence MUST be broken.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Have you ever considered that this whole concept of the queen owning everything is nothing more than smoke and mirrors to the simpleminded?

Rather than face the real truth, Wall street bankers robbed the whole country over the last ten years, people buy this propaganda about the Queen and the Rothchilds.

Instead of looking at the real crooks, right in the USA, the corporations.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Great post, this information should be told everywhere to everyone.

I was talking to a guy about this. Here in CA there are similar tactics in place that keep people from buying repossed property. Only people tied into the real estate market are allowed to bid on these properties, and they are given special privileges, allowing them to buy homes at low prices, and then flip the homes and resale at a much higher price.

This is criminal and should be stopped. It looks like all across the country we are still being robbed by the crooked bankers.

top topics

join