It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Crashes Shanghai Press Conference for Answers on Dad with H7N9

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Chinese Woman Crashes Press Conference for Answers on Dad with H7N9

www.scmp.com

In Shanghai, the city government has been praised by the media for promptly releasing of H7N9-related information, but several family members of patients have complained that hospitals and doctors have tried to cover up cases.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. Hospitals Told to Be on Lookout for H7N9 Bird Flu
H7N9 Bird Flu Mysteries
U.S. Hospitals Told to Be on Lookout for H7N9 Bird Flu
H7N9 is mutating under radar
edit on 22/4/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Family members of patients complain that hospitals and doctors try to cover up cases, reports South China Morning Post. Still, H7N9 bird flu cases have jumped from 3 to 106 cases in the last 22 days. That's almost 5 new cases each day. The real count is probably a helluvalot higher.

A 26 year-old woman named Gu crashed a press conference yesterday hoping to get answers about her Dad's treatment - because she couldn't find out any other way. Her Mom died on April 3 of H7N9. Her Dad is in quarantine, diagnosed on April 13. Gu was studying abroad and hasn't even seen her father since returning on April 4. All she knows is that he is (was?) in critical condition.

Who's left to ask questions when the whole family is quarantined?

China is being praised for being transparent and open with this H7N9 outbreak. But. The numbers of confirmed cases tend to dance, and few counts include the case of the asymptomatic carrier from Beijing who was diagnosed in Taiwan - for example. Officials say the actual case count might be double if there are more silent carriers - but in reality, it could be far, far higher. People associated with confirmed cases are put into quarantine, monitored - and lose touch with their families. Who really knows how many actually test positive, or die?

Authorities now report that there's no evidence of human-to-human transmission - but actually, there's no clear evidence of sustained human-to-human transmission. Nobody knows where this virus came from, how it "evolved" (if it did), or how it's being spread and transmitted. In fact, very little is known about the H7N9 now infecting humans.

Whatever is happening in China rest assured we'll never hear the full story. But unlike with SARS, this time everyone is involved with the cover-ups, not just the Chinese government.

www.scmp.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You notice how everything seems to come from China?

Even the swine flu.

Or remember everyone walking around with those masks on.

Then got to Canada.

Maybe they should Quarantine China all together.

Nothing gets in, nothing gets out.

j/k

I hope she finds answers soon. That is sad. Especially not knowing anything.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You notice how everything seems to come from China? ...Even the swine flu.

Actually...

1. The H7N9 virus was first isolated in turkeys in the US (Minnesota) in 1988.

Organism Influenza A virus (A/turkey/Minnesota/38429/1988(H7N9)) EMBL ACZ48625.1

2. The first case of triple assortment H1N1 swine flu came from Wisconsin in 1998.

"...the 1998 isolate, A/Wisconsin/10/98, (an H1N1 swine flu infecting a human), ...was a reassortant that contained a mixture of swine, human, and avian influenza A virus genes.

And imho, it's waayyy too late to quarantine - the horse left the barn long ago and everything's loose in the world. Maybe hang on and just enjoy the ride.

...Good post though.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bird flu should not be present in human beings, it shouldn't be able to be so contagious unless human intervention is at hand....whoops...here it is. So now that you , the reader, know this fact, how do you feel about bird flu or a supposed bird flu epidemic. Remember the U.S. goverment tried to spread around swine flu in the early 90's and failed, looks like they (whoever is responsible) have finally made a deep enough impact.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now you know exactly who is responsible , take this man and punish him for his misdeeds towards humanity. There was, WAS no way for humans to catch bird flu until they crossed it with swine flu. Now you know the truth.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
S&F

Theyre saying bird flue but what about porcine?

Because of a related breakout, thousands of pigs were recently dumped to their death in the yangtze.

this reminds me of Prometheus.

who knows what kind of viral mutants are brewing!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
S&F

Theyre saying bird flue but what about porcine?

Because of a related breakout, thousands of pigs were recently dumped to their death in the yangtze.

this reminds me of Prometheus.

who knows what kind of viral mutants are brewing!

reply to post by tropic

6,000 Dead Pigs in River Not Affecting Shanghai's Water, Officials Insist
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/22/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: quote

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Learn something new everyday.

I thought it came from China.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Sorry friend but you're misinformed on several fronts. For starters, most mutations result from environmental adaptations - and yes, humans HAVE changed the world. Other mutations are purposeful, resulting from genetic tinkering for profit [genetic modifications and engineering]. Still others occur when GM and GE bugs start adapting and mutating in the wild - like weather, this process cannot be predicted.

Viral and other mutations in domestic animals started skyrocketing back in the 1980's, which is when swine-bird-human assortments started to appear in US poultry and swine operations (eg., 1988 for H7N9 and 1998 for H1N1).

Fouchier, the man you blame for all this, developed his H5N1 sample just a couple of years ago in an effort to get ahead of the evolutionary crises. Unlike many other scientists, he was trying to help people - not the corporate bottom line. Fouchier is NOT responsible for China's H7N9 bird flu outbreak - which as he says, is NOT actually a bird flu.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Thanks. ...No one knows where this came from or how it evolved. Dutch virologist Fouchier says its actually NOT a bird flu (based on the specific genetic mutations). The pig and dog deaths look suspicious but who knows? China has some serious problems with environmental contaminations that could explain them. Plus, the original pig thing was related to a forced cull where nobody had money for disposal (hence the river). Prometheus yes. ...Nobody knows what kind of viral mutants are brewing but anyone who knows anything about evolution is pooping bricks.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks. Good thread.

Pigs n' Popes huh? Really bad joke.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yea I dont really know whats with the media continuing to speak of it as a virulent strain of bird flu when clearly its more mammals that are being fatally affected

IMO it's a hybrid bird-pig flu which is what makes it more virulent and more contractable between various animals maybe even fish. Looks like birds are more of a silent carrier of it, if anything

Wonder who is this strain's patient zero?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yes, this human-infecting H7N9 clade is in China - but H7N9 first appeared in Minnesota in turkeys, then spread to other countries in domestic poultry (trade) and wild birds (migrations). I can't decide if we all have it already or if it was designed to destroy China's mom-and-pop economy so global corporations could take over.

If this H7N9 was genetically engineered, they designed it to kill off older people instead of the young and healthy like H5N1 and H1N1 - and oddly, to take out more men than women. I get the euthanasi-kill-off-the-useless-eaters thing but targeting older males is fairly strange.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Wonder who is this strain's patient zero?

Good question. Maybe some chicken farmer in Pennsylvania - and like H1N1 swine flu its been spreading silently through the US for years and everyone's already immune here.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Time to revisit this movie huh?

blog.sciencefictionbiology.com...

I am proud of this courageous, honorable Daughter, her parents would be too.

It is late, but I have been watching for updates on this serious situation because something just feels off about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well, everything IS genetically engineered these days.

So, no surprise there.

Guess I won't be affected since I'm a woman.

J/k
edit on 23-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'll watch for that miniseries - Ridley Scott is my hero!

Thanks girlfriend.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
H7N9 CASE COUNT UPDATE:

108 Cases, 22 Deaths

China Confirms 108 H7N9 Cases, 22 Deaths

During the 24-hour period ending at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, China confirmed four new cases of human H7N9 avian influenza, including two in Zhejiang, one in Anhui and the first case in Shandong.

The National Health and Family Planning Commission said in its daily update on H7N9 cases that a total of 108 H7N9 cases have been reported in China, including 22 that have ended in death.

Of the total, 14 H7N9 patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment, and the other 72 patients are being treated in designated hospitals, according to the commission.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

On thing for sure, we really should close down any labs that try to enhance and mutate viruses. It's not that I don't see any positive aspects from this type of research, it's just that I see MUCH more negative forthcomings from such dangerous research.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I trust you are including ALL medical research that uses or intends to use viruses as carriers for targeted treatments, etc. Not to mention Monsanto's tricks. ...viruses are used a LOT for "benign" purposes in medicine, agriculture and more, after tinkering with them of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join