It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were shots fired at the boat or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

GREAT shot of the boat! And that video had been removed from all the places I could seem to find.
Interesting that there does not seem to be a RETURN of fire, just a whole lot of fire all at once.

Some of those bullet holes are a pretty large caliber. Looks to me like the engine block? (object in center) may have saved his life!

Sure would like to hear the story of why so damn many shots were fired.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I watched the play by play on MSM since the get go. Me and my fiance both actually. They kept showing the same video of the boy in the boat. Funny part is. At the same time, both me and my fiance' saw what looked like blood spatter as if they shot him. She looked at me and asked, "Did they just shoot him?" I couldn't say no but I couldn't say yes. I'm going with they shot him.

I'm just a viewer, I have no evidence than what I saw. But it's hard to say otherwise after seeing that video spam'd over and over on the MSM.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The boat.....Im not experienced regarding bullet holes...But I assume, like me, you can see 40 or more bullet holes plus some that went right through to the other side...not rubber bullets.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just look at the picture above, its tells a story or 2.
edit on 24/4/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Or 50~

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoodEye
reply to post by Krakatoa

The community absolutly IS raising money to help him get a new boat or maybe fix this one. How do you know otherwise?

There are numorous reports that the boat was shot up pretty bad.

this is a well aired video recorded from the 2nd floor front window of 48 Franklin St
www.youtube.com...

He was interviewed on local news, and he said he does NOT want the donated money. His thought is he just lost a boat, while other lost their lives. It's just a boat, and not that important to him in comparison. SO, he said if money is donated, he will forward it off to a fund to help the victims. And recommends people do THAT with the money and not send it to him.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
zoomed in... maybe those who know about such things can say whether these are bullet holes or not...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
zoomed in... maybe those who know about such things can say whether these are bullet holes or not...

If they were bullets, the bullets would have penetrated the thin fiberglass and wood on the boat, correct? Then, tell me, what are all the little red flags marking all around the boat on the ground? IMO, they are marking the location of each "non-lethal" round fired, in order to track and count them for evidence. They bounced off the hull of the boat, and deposited on the ground. If they didn't penetrate then they were not normal lead projectiles, where they?

edit on 24-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: fooooo

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If they were bullets, the bullets would have penetrated the thin fiberglass and wood on the boat, correct? Then, tell me, what are all the little red flags marking all around the boat on the ground? IMO, they are marking the location of each "non-lethal" round fired, in order to track and count them for evidence. They bounced off the hull of the boat, and deposited on the ground. If they didn't penetrate then they were not normal lead projectiles, where they?

You certainly easily dismiss the obvious and make an awful lot of assumptions while forming your opinion.
I suspect they are simply various evidence flags, I have no idea how you can jump to the conclusion that they are marking the location of bounced off rounds!?. Open up the full resolution picture and zoom in. OMG there are holes of various size (ie. caliber) in the side of the boat! Maybe you can make an appointment to go look at the boat in person to set your mind at ease!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You certainly easily dismiss the obvious and make an awful lot of assumptions while forming your opinion.
I suspect they are simply various evidence flags, I have no idea how you can jump to the conclusion that they are marking the location of bounced off rounds!?. Open up the full resolution picture and zoom in. OMG there are holes of various size (ie. caliber) in the side of the boat! Maybe you can make an appointment to go look at the boat in person to set your mind at ease!

As I stated, it was only my opinion, and I could be wrong. It was an educated guess based upon the radio transmissions I (and other ATS members heard) that night on the scanner regarding the police being ordered to use "less than lethal rounds" (a.k.a. rubber bullets). Being a less than lethal round, it is a good bet they did not penetrate an object made of sturdy fiberglass and wood (which is a lot stronger then flesh). If they could not penetrate, then they must have gone somewhere on the outside of the boat, right (they didn't evaporate). SO,

A: Less than lethal rounds were ordered to be used
B: The boat was covered with a soft and flexible white plastic shrink wrap (not a tarp)
C: The police fired upon the boat while the suspect was still inside
D: There are white markings on the side of the boat where the police were firing
E: Penetration of the hull cannot be discerned in this photo
F: There are numerous evidence flag markers at the base of the boat in random locations (what other items of evidence, in that quantity could require the need for so many flags if not the rounds deflected off of the hull)?

So, there you have the bits and pieces, and taking these into consideration, I think that the probability of them striking the suspect in the boat is very low. It is more likely that it was done to assure the suspect they were out there, in force, and a motivation for the suspect to surrender.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Sek82

GREAT shot of the boat! And that video had been removed from all the places I could seem to find.
Interesting that there does not seem to be a RETURN of fire, just a whole lot of fire all at once.

Some of those bullet holes are a pretty large caliber. Looks to me like the engine block? (object in center) may have saved his life!

Sure would like to hear the story of why so damn many shots were fired.

*nod* it's fairly evident that what happened here is officers, numbering how many we don't know, opened fire in an execution style barrage without identifying any specific and imminent threat.

With news coming out that he was found unarmed confirming he wasn't a threat at that time, and the high definition photo showing bullet holes had passed through the entire boat (and the fence next to it), few questions remain about how his capture was conducted but a lot of attention is now being placed on how his "capture" (read: attempted murder) was handled.

Based on my experience and training, this could have been handled in a much more efficient, effective manner than what we saw there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join