It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody have objects move by themselves!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You know do not even get me started "spiritisim" ?! Perhaps you are reading into what she is saying and applying it to some catch phrase cult you know about, but really the Bible is the ultimate place that teaches you to listen to the still small voice in your heart and to open yourself up to the teachings and guidence of a higher power. In the bible meaning... the touch of the holy spirit.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Can you define spiritualism and spirituality?

Main Entry: spir�i�tu�al�ism
Pronunciation: 'spir-i-ch&-w&-"li-z&m, -i-ch&-"li-, -ich-w&-"li-
Function: noun
Date: 1796
1 : the view that spirit is a prime element of reality
2 a : a belief that spirits of the dead communicate with the living usually through a medium b : capitalized : a movement comprising religious organizations emphasizing spiritualism

Main Entry: spir�i�tu�al�i�ty
Pronunciation: "spir-i-ch&-'wa-l&-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Date: 15th century
1 : something that in ecclesiastical law belongs to the church or to a cleric as such
2 : CLERGY
3 : sensitivity or attachment to religious values
4 : the quality or state of being spiritual

Pronunciation Key

� 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

Main Entry: ec�cle�si�as�ti�cal
Pronunciation: -ti-k&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin ecclesiasticus, from Late Greek ekklEsiastikos, from Greek, of an assembly of citizens, from ekklEsiastEs
Date: 15th century
1 : of or relating to a church especially as an established institution
2 : suitable for use in a church
- ec�cle�si�as�ti�cal�ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Pronunciation Key

� 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

I believe in the Trinity does that make me Christian?
And, No, I in no way follow mediums

Call me what you like, Im not trying to be rude, but I just dont like the dogmatic way of thinking

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Come on guys, dont leave me hanging here.......I would love feedback

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Gizmoqt - oh please do not feel that the last two replys were directed at you quite the oposite... I would love for the passage to support what she said.

I happen to know that the bible does not say that the spirits of the dead cannot communicate with the living. I know that they can and do with the help of god.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Actually that was for Beebo. And so is this

James 1
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. (KJV)

You cant know your heart without being spiritual! Does anybody agree?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes, and I love it! (Except the slipper thing)

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
To answer the original question, I've had this happen a few times. The most notable was an Othello chip dropped about a foot off of the ground while sitting. My friend and I looked all over for it since we had an exact amount. Nothing was on the floor but on the cube fridge six feet away (and a foot higher off the ground), it was sitting on top. Odd that we both didn't see it. I chalked it up to a physics anomaly though friend thought it was a spirit. I didn't believe spirit because I didn't have any feeling toward it nor know what the point would be to the action. Feeling is a good indicator. There have been other feelings that something ugly was going down and most of the time later I found out it was true.

As far as spirituality, I know the Bible is specific to not practicing sorcery, not worshiping the dead and the like but you have to believe 'something' goes to heaven. I imagine it would not be a physical body since it degrades and is flawed.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

As far as spirituality, I know the Bible is specific to not practicing sorcery, not worshiping the dead and the like but you have to believe 'something' goes to heaven. I imagine it would not be a physical body since it degrades and is flawed.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by saint4God]

IMO - Yes, "sorcery" is wrong, you dont worship the dead, you worship God and Jesus, and yes "something" goes to Heaven. We have 3 "bodies" human, spirit and soul. I can tell you without a doubt my daughter was "trying to make contact". For 2 weeks following her death everything electrical was going crazy, especially her boyfriends mobil phone (I truly believe they were soul mates) it would ring and make a weird distant loud, airy sound, nobody there and the airy sound was there as long has he would keep the line open. The CID always said "unavailable". After that 2 weeks I dont know where she went to, but I always tell people God, or a higher being allows loved ones to "make a call home" to let us know they are all right, my computer had a mind of it's own during this time as well! And her song popped up all by itself one day on my laptop, no explaination. While writing a poem for her service, laying on my bed, I fell asleep, I had a vision of just her face, very close up, very vibrant only for 1 second, with one tear running down it! Dream or vision??? Too many things have happend that I cannot explain.

I have tremendous reservations writing about these things because I do believe they are very personal. I just, in my own way, want people to have hope and faith.

As for the original topic, I HAVE NO EXPLANATION BUT RATHER EXTREMELY ODD!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Although the Bible prohibits witchcraft, and other bizzare cult-like activities it does not say that investigating the paranormal is wrong. Back to electrical storms. IF there have been unusual amounts of static this might be a clue of what is going on with the moving shoes. Keep us informed of unusual activity. Oh, don't let these visions infulence you. They are temptations of Satan. He will capture you if you pursue contact with you daughter. THis is the kind of stuff that gets people possesed by demons. If you have seen the "Exorcist" then that is what could happen to you. THe movie is actualy pretty true to the Catholic process of exorcism and what possesion causes. DO not let Satan get a hold of you. Resist and embrace God instead. He loves you. All you have to do is love him and accept Him into your heart. THen you may be saved and go to Heaven.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by charlesspy]

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yes a few times but today 'physically' saw my headphones of all things move in front of my eyes. I nearly had a heart attack!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I had an incident that occurred last week. I went down to the kitchen to get a snack. I walked back up to the second floor and used the the bathroom briefly. When I opened the door to return to the bedroom my cousins Wii controller was right in front of me. The carpet is forest green and the remote is white, difficult to miss. My two cousins were in the family room on the main floor at the rear of the house. I asked them if they were just upstairs and they said no. Not to mention the stairs squeak even when the 20 pound dog walks up them.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes, I have had several things move without any logical explanation in the past.

*Door knobs rattle back and forth, as if being turned by someone and the associated door fling open, and brake its stop as if someone walked through.
*I've seen a plastic toy figurine move off the fireplace mantel and "hover" in the air for a moment, until looked directly at and fall to the floor.
*Items move across the floor
*A ball of energy (I don't know what it was so I just say it's that) formed itself in while in bed under the comforter and above my legs, then moved across back and forth left to right a few times in a zig zag pattern, and as it moved it displaced (lifted) the very heavy comforter as it moved. Then it vanished.
My wife laying next to me asked "What was that"? We don't know what it was. It felt like an almost staticky ball of energy which moved seemingly intelligently across the bed a few times.
*Coins get tossed.
*Walls get knocked, sounds like knuckles rapping on the sheet rock. I believe this too is a physical mystery.

There are other things too which are not particularly physical. Shadows are seen, a floating woman. A person is seen walking into the room in the corner of the eye and look to see who it is and nobody is apparently there.

Those things do not happen very much anymore, mainly at a time when "she" felt a need to prove her existence. I was aware that her motives were benign, however my kids did not understand and were naturally scared of "a ghost", mainly based on superstition supported by scary movies and the media.

She does not need to prove her existence anymore and so those strange, unexplainable things happen only extremely rarely anymore.

I made a thread maybe 4 (or so) years ago about the happenings, and spiritual relationships.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, last spring when cleaning out my grandparents' house there were some interesting experiences. Probably, I will make a post just about that someday. Any way, I watched a pen attached to a sticky note launch itself up and off a counter( there was no slant in the counter...it did not roll, it flew and landed 5-6 feet away). Also, there was a key that was stuck in a lock do something similar, and a copy of a will that went missing. It turned up in the center of a drawer in an old family piece otherwise empty. It had been checked several times before. So there are a few experiences of mine.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ive experienced similar a few times in my life, the most freaky was in 1999, while I was hoovering my living room, I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye, so turned my head slightly to the right and saw a blue glass cup and saucer hovering in mid air, about 5 foot above the ground, maybe 6 inches away from the shelf it lived on. As soon as I directed my eyes towards it, it feel to the ground and smashed!

Over the past few years in my latest home, I often see mugs shaking, they are hung on brass hooks, under a shelf, they vibrate for no apparent reason. Its not traffic going past, as I have lots of junk on hooks all over the house, but nothing else vibrates.

My latest experience was a couple of weeks ago, 2am ish, I was sat at the kitchen table playing with my phone and chatting to a friend sat opposite me, while he used my laptop. My pouch of tobacco was at least 18 inches in from the edge of the table, no where near the laptop, nor our hands. Again I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, turned to look and I swear I saw the pouch slide across the table and fall to the floor.

Sometimes, I see the door latch move its self and the door into the living room opens. I have old fashioned wooden doors, with wrought iron latches like you find on a garden gate, so how they can move by themselves, I really don't know. Takes a fair bit of pressure to open them when I do it.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hello my name is Carl my experience started about a year ago when me and my partner brought some second hand wardrobes from a charity shop to up cycle everything was fine at first but a few weeks later I was at work and my partner phoned me and said someone is up stairs walking around at the time she was eight months pregnant so I shot home as fast as I could when I got there she said it's just stopped your probbley wondering why did you not call the police!! Because we knew there was nobody in the house I went up stairs and no one was there but a strong smell of cigarette smoke I said just being daft at first not said a word but someone ran across the loft bearing in mind this is a new build and it's not a shared loft I open the loft and put my head up and shined the touch I saw nothing but as just as I was about to go down and smothing blow in my ear I absolutely pooed my self and shot down. I did not tell my partner not to frighten her later on in bed around ten pm my partner nudged me and said stop snoring I said am not I am awake she said what is that noise as I was about to say it's not me and I don't have a clue there was the most loudest growl in our faces we both screamed and all of a sudden it was freezing and we did not sleep for the rest of the night. Then nothing happend for about two weeks then we noticed has we got up one morning that all the lights would be on we both knew this was not us leaving them on has we always turn them off as we go to bed at night I this was getting real. So then on the next morning as I got up I noticed the landing was on and the loft was open its one of the loft hatches that open down and the ladders come down and there was loft insulation on the floor so I closed it and went down stairs and the room door was open and light on i firmly self ready and went to work has I went through the door it felt like I was pushed out the door

At this point I was very concerned and we brought some Sage and blessed the house this worked for about a day and the. Again it was back with vengeance doors would rattle and the sofa would have been moved and pictures would be out of place things would drop of the walls like utensils that we hang up we would hear footsteps upstairs.

We would hear someone coughing up stairs and smoke smell I know what your thinking it's the wardrobes after a bit of research we got father bill to come around and bless the house and since then till yesterday it had stopped.

It was around five pm and my sons school bag was in its normal place and we was watching to and we heard a sliding noise we went into the hall and the bag was by the kitchen door and this is at least eight feet away and I looked at each other my partner and I the house smells of smoke agin and the untenisls have now fell off the hanger thing. Am looking for some advise can anyone help

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gizmoqt

I've had the same encounter a couple months ago.. I was reading on my phone at the middle of the night (or some time like that) when my closed bag randomely began to unzip and stopped as soon as I noticed it. After those nights, I have a certain feeling as if something is lurking in my house.. Nothing yet has happened besides papers moving and doors slamming without any breeze.. My family has always had a knack of feeling when something "different" or "paranormal" is near, so this might be a sign.
Might sound like BS but it has happened..

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When I was 4 years old, my dad had a pair of old high lace up logging boots someone gave him, but he never used them.... I always got creeped out walking by them and didn't know why, and then one morning early, I walked by them alone and stopped and looked at them for a moment, and then one of them took a step forward. I screeched and ran to tell someone but no one believed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join