It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's only one right perspective...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The ego lives on delusions. No, it are delusions of the ego that makes ego worthy of doing wrong. These delusions ego created for its own by believing lies. Ego exhalts itself. Beware when it is like that. Advice: Be as sharp as the snake.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen

Obviously, there are individuals who are quite content with the role of an observer, who had not asked for a life of struggle and hardships before they were born. But there are also people who came into this life to test themselves and to develop their abilities under severe pressure, and this is not the reason to call them 'egoists'. The fact that they are competitive and motivated does not mean they won't save somebody's #$$ in a difficult situation. Maybe they would be the ones to act instead of just 'observing'. Anyway, here is the definition of 'ego' from an online dictionary:

the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

This definition is free from any ambiguity and extra connotations. If by 'ego' you mean something more specific, then you may be right in your own way. But proclaiming duality and refusing the ego such duality seems inconsistent.

Life is a struggle for the individual - the individual is separated from the whole, this is a painful condition - no individual will feel great because it is 'hell on earth'. But there is a cure - to realize 'oneness' - wholeness.

The thought that says 'I' is observed. . All is observed - sensation, thought, noise, colour etc - all arising presently. It is not that no action takes place - all action is watched - observed - seen - known to be happening presently.
Helping apparent others happens more because one is present - one sees what is occurring - one is not trapped inside the thought stream ( which is always concerned with later/next/before) - one is seeing and hearing all that is arising as it arises.

The definition you have provided is saying that ego is the divided one (divided from everything else). A 'person' is an idea, a concept about an individual but nothing is ever separate (divided) from presence. There is only presence and it sees the 'story of me' which spans time - but there is no time. All is happening presently but the mind (thoughts) speak of other times and puts an imaginary person on that make believe stage called time. That illusionary person that lives over time is ego but there is no such thing. There is only presence - there is only ever what is happening presently - including thoughts and words arising that speak of 'other times'.
The 'person' who is always thinking about next or before is concerned with it's survival - it is concerned for itself - it lives in fear. When it realizes that there is ONLY presence and no other thing (including a separate person) then there will be no fear - then there is just love (because the fear has gone).
edit on 27-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

The ego lives on delusions. No, it are delusions of the ego that makes ego worthy of doing wrong. These delusions ego created for its own by believing lies. Ego exhalts itself. Beware when it is like that. Advice: Be as sharp as the snake.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

The ego is an illusion that deludes. There is no ego really - there are just thoughts arising that say 'I......................'
The 'I' wants to survive. The 'I' wants to become something better, something more so that it can feel safe, because it does not feel safe. It is nothing but fear. This fear is felt energetically and it manifests as anger and fighting and defending.
The fear is just contracted energy and when the energy totally relaxes there is boundless love.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Are we converting Satan here? I mean this seriously. haha, no I don't. See that as if I never said that.

I have to come to my senses again, grounding, meaning, to ..... toooo, ....

too, I don't know. I am detached and I am not detached. I am confused and I am not confused. I'm just alright.

I can feel good without smiling..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The truth exists on itself, lies exist on truth. That said, one can live without the other.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This whole "individuality is sufferance" is ridiculous!

Have you ever kissed another? Made love? Had a long uncontrolled fit of laughter with a good friend?
Held a child and smelled their hair, stroked their soft cheek? Held hands with another while watching a sunset? Shared a warm smile with a stranger?

Have you ever tried waterskiing? Snow skiing, playing football, jumping on a trampoline, riding a skateboard, a horse, a bicycle? Playing a musical instrument? Singing? Painting, drawing, dancing....?

-these wonderful experiences are all only possible through individuality. Through separation, so that we can feel the boundries of self and other come into contact (whether that be physically or mentally). These are impossible experiences if individual awareness is not present.

Also, ambiguity is totally possible.. though apparently some people have a harder time getting used to it, but you can be in an experience of individual self, and total communion with All, at the same time.

It enhances the experience, the kiss, the smile, the touching of hands... one that is experiencing as two!

There is sometimes discomfort and pain too- you can feel the tire roll over your toe, the lovers rejection, the sharp elbow of the stranger.

When you love those experiences as much as the pleasures, then something wonderful happens...
You can feel the pain of others (through this oneness) and not feel compelled to fight it- through either wanting to change their state, or fleeing into individualization -only.

Seriously, it is something to consider! Some people are better off (for themselves, and for others) remaining in a sense of separation only as long as they cannot yet accept the full spectrum of physical emotion, and sensation, and recognize the beauty in it ALL.

Once you can, you can retain that communion (along with sefl awareness) and not have any personal preference as to what others experience, do , or are!
If they ask for help with their pain or discomfort, then you see no reason not to help- but likewise, if they do not want it (for sometimes, their subconscious has reasons for lessons;...) then you can feel fine respecting that.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Having a perspective creates a perspective. Anton Wilson described this as a reality tunnel. Everything that fits into your belief system is funneled into your perspective and anything outside of that belief system is not perceived. But the answer isn't as simple as having no belief system because that is a belief in itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn
Having a perspective creates a perspective.

I read this as the following:

Having a perspective, for example, this knife cuts, is having a perspective of 'practical, usefull. But having this perspective naturaly creates the perspective of, that spoon does not cut at all.

I love you so much..

All of you..
edit on 27-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We cannot go against this freaking 'ego', we cannot rid it out of the world. It can be such a pain. We can only refuse/resist
Still, I'm having mixed feelings about this

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Some people are better off (for themselves, and for others) remaining in a sense of separation only as long as they cannot yet accept the full spectrum of physical emotion, and sensation, and recognize the beauty in it ALL.

The individual (the divided one) has no choice but to feel separate. It feels as if it is surrounded by others - other things - it thinks it is a 'thing' among 'other things'.
The 'sense of separation' is not something that can be chosen. The 'realization of oneness' will happen when it does - it will be realized by no one.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
This whole "individuality is sufferance" is ridiculous!

Have you ever kissed another? Made love? Had a long uncontrolled fit of laughter with a good friend?
Held a child and smelled their hair, stroked their soft cheek? Held hands with another while watching a sunset? Shared a warm smile with a stranger?

Have you ever tried waterskiing? Snow skiing, playing football, jumping on a trampoline, riding a skateboard, a horse, a bicycle? Playing a musical instrument? Singing? Painting, drawing, dancing....?

-these wonderful experiences are all only possible through individuality. Through separation, so that we can feel the boundries of self and other come into contact (whether that be physically or mentally). These are impossible experiences if individual awareness is not present.

We have been having these experiences of individuality since the beginning of Time. After so long, they tend to lose their charm. If it is the ego which keeps me here, repeating these experiences ad nauseum, well then I would be glad to be finally rid of it.

That is not to say that I wish this for others, they are most welcome to their ego.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join