It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's only one right perspective...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Seeing is not dualistic.
The image that is seen presently is not dual.

The image that is known presently is split into many parts but the image is one.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Truth has NOTHING to do with perspectives or viewpoints which is all mind based. They become wrong when they claim to be the ultimate reality, because they are all limited perceptions of Reality thus can never incapsulate the totality of reality or the Truth. Mind is a product of duality and it operates ONLY in Maya, so it is incapable of perceiving, understanding or conceptualizing the truth because all of its observation is based on the phenomenal world which is a limited perception. So all ideas, thoughts and viewpoints, philosophies, and perspectives of Reality are wrong not only because they are Mind based, but because they are extremely limited illusions of Reality.

Maya means 'the illusion or appearance of the phenomenal World.
Truth however, is the source of ALL that you see and perceive. It is what creates the phenomenal world/universe from which you derive your perceptions and perspectives. Truth/Reality is not observation based, it is beyond the illusion and delusions of Mind.

To even have the SLIGHTEST clue about Reality / Truth, you must witness and experience life beyond the Mind. Mind is philosphy, concepts, perspectives and ideas. Mind is clueless because it is the product of Maya. If you knew truth, you would not speak from mind. You would talk more about what it ISN'T as opposed to what it is. Humans have too many ideas, opinions and perspectives of reality....and they are all wrong.

Most of this metaphysics forum is Maya delusion, all philosphy is maya based. Knowledge fed with Maya, is calcification of illusion, and thus delusion.
This entire forum is the minds attempt to perceive, understand and encapsulate reality. So instead of helping each other become wiser, we are bombarding each other with delusions of Mind...Maya. Most of you serious seekers already know this because you discovered that despite ALL your reading and search for knowledge, it hasn't helped you attain enlightenment one bit, instead it has been blocking you from it. And if you think your knowledge is making you enlightened..you are in serious self-delusion.

If anything, Mind and thought, is more like the excrement of Reality. Or like a Garbage bin full of Maya trash. And everything the mind comes up with can only be different versions (perspectives) of this trash.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Seeing is not dualistic.

The image that is known presently is split into many parts but the image is one.

ALL perceived form is duality, even the image. There is no such thing as a non-dualistic image or form. And there is no such thing as a non-dualistic existence. No such thing as a non-dualistic mind. Existence and form itself (including the mind which is a product of duality), needs duality to BE. Without duality, there simply would be no vision and no appearance of separation, no form and no mind. Thus no existence. So to play the game of separate existence, duality is necessary.

Everything is ONE, but to perceive it as separate (as witnessed in the observable Universe) , there has to be duality. Maya creates this illusion of separation through duality. It's the only way we can play this game of individual separate beings. Reality and non-duality lies beyond the curtain of Maya, or the illusion of the phenomenal world.

ALL observable phenomena, is duality..including mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

What are you talking about in the second alinea of your post? It is impossible and unreal.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Seeing is not dualistic.

ALL perceived form is duality, even the image. There is no such thing as a non-dualistic image or form. And there is no such thing as a non-dualistic existence. No such thing as a non-dualistic mind. Existence and form itself (including the mind which is a product of duality), needs duality to BE. Without duality, there simply would be no vision and no appearance of separation, no form and no mind. Thus no existence. So to play the game of separate existence, duality is necessary.

Everything is ONE, but to perceive it as separate (as witnessed in the observable Universe) , there has to be duality. Maya creates this illusion of separation through duality. It's the only way we can play this game of individual separate beings. Reality and non-duality lies beyond the curtain of Maya, or the illusion of the phenomenal world.

How many screens are you seeing before you? This screen with many words on it - how many images are on this one screen? - the image fills the whole screen and then there are lots of things in the one image (words, letters on the one screen).
The image is one.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Aha, makes me come to a very peculiar insight. We cannot kill ego, for it has its throne in the spiritual realm. We can only resist it, and that way it becomes uninterested in us and leaves us alone. Please consider these words, it is ultimate truth. Ego will keep on existing, but therefore it's not the case it bothering you.

Superb. I needed you guys to gain this insight, and I shared it with you. You guys deserve eternal life!
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

The Ego is not a boogeyman that tortures us and dishes out suffering. Ego is another word for Mind, and it is the Mind (which is more of a trash bin than anything else) that we are attempting to combat. The only reason we try to combat our Ego or our Mind, is because we are being ruled by it. We query our Mind / Ego to find out who we are, what we are, and how we feel. We use it to define ourselves and our existence which creates a false self. By using the mind to define ourselves, we instead create a false idea of ourselves. and we believe that identity along with the Mind to be 'I' . So it will rule anyone who uses the mind to understand themselves or life itself, or who mistakes the mind for 'I'.

You do not have to fight your mind or your ego to live a fulfilled and peaceful life, you only have to transcend it. Once it's grip and influence on you is loosened, you will no longer view the Ego/Mind as your prison. You will no view it as 'yourself' and you will not experience it with suffering. Buddha taught this to the masses, he knew that enlightenment or God-Realization is not necessary to live a fulfilling life full of peace and non suffering, that is why he focused the majority of his teachings to the transcendence of Mind and false self only.

Once the mind (disguised as the Ego) is transcended, it's grip is dissolved. It is not the Ego/mind that loses interest in us, it's the other way around. WE loose interest in it...and it's influence and dictatorship of our lives falls away...or dims down SIGNIFICANTLY.

But battling the ego/mind and forcing it to obey our deepest desires and wishes for peace, joy and happiness only digs you deeper into the illusion of it, using your mind to combat your mind is foolish and will only tighten its influence on your living experience of life. Keeping you in the hamster wheel of spirituality, seeking and misery.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I believe the thread is titled "When you want to lose ego..." That whole thread basically acts like we have a tentacle monster inside of us, and we need to be saved from it. Like, what the hell? Anyway, you asked for proof. I gave it to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"The same as my next post"

which makes this one a double post. Pls remove.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hm, I just thought, dualism, does it have to two sides which are opposite? Two banks to a river, the position of the sides differ but the sides are the same. Like left and right hands, left or right, it doesn't matter, they are both hands.

"Perplexed"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

hm, I just thought, dualism, does it have to two sides which are opposite? Two banks to a river, the position of the sides differ but the sides are the same. Like left and right hands, left or right, it doesn't matter, they are both hands.

"Perplexed"

Unless you're ambidextrous, it should matter very much.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If we weren't seperate to eachother, and another one dies, it would be no big deal. For we would still experience the same.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What are you talking about in the second alinea of your post? It is impossible and unreal.

Which one?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How many images are appearing before you presently?
Is it one image containing many particulars?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

the one above that reply of mine. I should reread it again. I got confused reading it.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Seeing is not dualistic.

How many screens are you seeing before you? This screen with many words on it - how many images are on this one screen? - the image fills the whole screen and then there are lots of things in the one image (words, letters on the one screen).
The image is one.

I said there is no such thing as a non-dualistic image. The screens , the words..the forms are ALL product of duality. Lets take it ALL the way. The Pure observation of visual phenomena ( including these screens you refer to) is made possible ONLY because of dualism. Even you experience of living as a separate being on a planet is made possible by the illusion that comes from duality. The only problem is that, we have all used that illusion to help us define reality, when instead it is making us further deluded FROM reality. That is a unavoidable, truth. However sad it may sound. But there is a way out..and it has been spoken for thousands of years. But as long as people stay stuck in their minds ( or stay stupid) the knowledge will go ignored.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

the one above that reply of mine. I should reread it again. I got confused reading it.

I think I know what you're asking. Dualism is another way of saying 'This and Other' , so without the perception of separateness (Dualism) , we would not be able to experience anything. We would not be able to observe anything, feel anything, or experience anything as separate. So there can be no existence without Duality. So for us to exist, we had to manifest as separate then 'other' . For an image to exist, it has to manifest as separate than other, and the Mind, as we know, functions solely off of comparative observation of phenomena and data...basically its a dualistic computer. Without self and other there is Nothing. Without this and other..there is no thought. So form and thought only exists because of duality. duality is the necessary 'component' of the manifested Universe and of the thinking Mind.. However the bigger piece of the puzzle, is within the nothingness from which EVERYTHING is manifested.

Dualism is required in order to play as form, as image, or as whatever .So there can be no such thing as a non-dualistic image, mind, form or thought. They are absolutely, inseparable concepts and inseparable terms.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The image is not dual. Can you see more than one image presently? The one whole image that is appearing presently has many things in it but the image is one. Can you see it?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The screens , the words..the forms are ALL product of duality. Lets take it ALL the way. The Pure observation of visual phenomena ( including these screens you refer to) .

I am not talking about 'screens' (plural) - I am talking about the entire range of the whole image appearing before you. You refer to my post using the word 'screens' so I can see that you are not getting what I am actually saying - you have replaced the word I used 'screen' for 'screens'.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We all come from and remain connected to a nondual source that is the self. The self is all there is. There are many perspectives, but one self. The self is the one with many perspectives. The self is what it is, but sees its self in many ways. The self is infinite creativity.

A perspective possesses the freedom of the self and the limitations of the perspective. The self is immutable in its infinitude, but perspectives pass due to their limitations.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The following symbol symbolises the true identity of every thing spiritual.

Q: Do you see how interpretation of it by yourself takes many forms, that is can be a struggle to obtain and see the right interpretation? This is because the truth is under attack of Ego. Ego is deceitfull. Ego wants itself, the lie, to be truth. The darkness. No focus on truth is what ego wants in you. Ego is also cowardly in many forms.

Makes one go: "sigh"'
edit on 24-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join