It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's only one right perspective...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And that is a dualistic perspective on things.

Every river has two banks, every coin has two side. All, all, freaky everything is dualistic in nature.

E V E R Y T H I N G, nothing excluded. Tree is good, for it produces oxygen, tree is bad when it falls over upon you and kills you. Every freaky thing is dualistic in nature, so see things that way. Ego doesn't want a dualistic perspective on things for observing ego with that perspective solves it. No more ego then, unity of self. Yet ego can arise again afterwards. I think. I am not sure of. Could be the latter is not the case.

Everything is dualistic in nature so experience, or acknowledge it, or percieve it, I cannot find the right word, SEE things that way.

It is the nature of things. It would be denying the truth not having a dualistic viewpoint.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Also, it is not ego that can hold such a viewpoint, yet it can sort of mimick it, but not true just to avoid it being seen. Ego becomes 'clever' when threatened. The more clever it gets, the closer it gets to being solved. To become no more.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Also, it is not ego that can hold such a viewpoint, yet it can sort of mimick it, but not true just to avoid it being seen. Ego becomes 'clever' when threatened. The more clever it gets, the closer it gets to being solved. To become no more.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
1. There is only one right perspective.

2. This world is a dualist world, which means there's two sides to everything.

Taking points one and two together, means that you are focusing entirely on one perspective and deliberately ignoring another. Or am I misunderstanding your premise?
edit on 22-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Duality will not kill Ego. The Ego uses Duality all the time. That is how preferences are form.

"What I want" (Good)" and "What I DON'T want" (Bad)...

MY Life is centered around ME (Good) not others (Bad)

By the way, to say "this is the only RIGHT perspective" is very arrogant, which is ironic since you are claiming to get rid of Ego... to say "this is the only RIGHT perspective" is very arrogant, because a "PERSPECTIVE" is just a WAY of looking at things, it's not changing any facts or evidence... a FAITH/BELIEF is about ignoring evidence and LIES are about manipulating them.

PERSPECTIVE is just a way to choose to see it.

And to say only the way "I" see it is CORRECT is a bit arrogant and it is strange since you say this is getting RID of Ego.

Everybody claims Ego is bad and wants to get rid of it... and each has their own definition of what "Ego" is...
edit on 22-4-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

By the way, to say "this is the only RIGHT perspective" is very arrogant, which is ironic since you are claiming to get rid of Ego...

You have no idea how many times I have tried to explain that, both in this thread and in previous threads authored by Angle. Believe me, it doesn't work.
edit on 22-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
only ego experieces arrogance.

First post by afterinfinity is

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

arpie, you should really take a good look at what I say right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

only ego experieces arrogance.

You are clearly able to distinguish between yourself and others. This is classified as having an ego. You clearly are capable of defending your opinions. Also known as possessing an ego. Hence, you must be arrogant. But we already knew that.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

classified and known as but neither is truth.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Reminder!: I love u guys.

Do you see this as ego, or do you believe I would give you some food if you were hungry?
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

And there you have it, the confusion I told you about mainly people shouting 'seeing is believing'. No, I'll clarify, potato is not table.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All things you already knew.. I dont want to fall in repeat to you guys.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's dualistic from a certain viewpoint. If you go to far to one side, you find yourself on the other side and eventually back where you started. Imagine the symbol for infinity, only it's also a mobius strip as well. If you were living on the plane of this shape, you would only see two directions, when if fact the entire thing is just one.

Everything is everything.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Correct. There really is no good or bad. Things just are. But, how did people come up with the thought of good and bad?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stiNKbug

starred your post cause I have insight.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by arpgme

arpie, you should really take a good look at what I say right now.

I'm listening and responding...

reply to post by AfterInfinity

classified and known as but neither is truth.

This is the problem with threads like these. A word like "Ego" is too loose and people have so many different ideas on it.

I understand what AfterInfinity is saying. To MOST people, "Ego" would be seeing these as dualistic, "Me and others", "what I want and what I don't want", etc...

Maybe it would help if you describe what you are talking about when you talk about "Ego" but it is arrogant to say that the way a word in a language is used by the majority is "incorrect" and ONE's way of using the word is the ONLY correct way...

I sometimes use words out of their current definite but I don't say all of the dictionaries and the way almost all people use it should be changed FOR "ME"... I just define the way "I" am specifically using it and leave it at that...

Saying that the word should change in a language for "MY" way of looking at it or it isn't "truth" is very egocentric.

Reminder!: I love u guys.

What is the need to say this in this situation if you don't mind me asking?

To me saying "remember I love you!" is like saying "hey, I'm saying something nice to you so that I can manipulate your behavior into being kind to me instead of being honest and straight-to-the-point which I see as "mean"...

Do you see this as ego, or do you believe I would give you some food if you were hungry?

Is it ego, or are you identified as a "kind" person?

Ego likes to label itself and have an identity. You are wondering if something is seen as "Ego" or if you would be seen as a "kind" person instead (one who would feed the hungry)... which is still a labeling/identity...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If you look at everything from a distance, then you see two sides.

But if you get really close, you realise that everything is the same side but from a different perspective.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

ego tricks with illusions.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

go figure.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

reply to post by arpgme

ego tricks with illusions.

And you just know "YOUR" way of looking at this is not an illusion... everybody else is wrong but you...

I think most New-Age and Quantum Physics people are saying "Reality is an Illusion"...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join