It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apply Now For A One-Way Trip To Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Want to live and die on Mars? Mars One has officially begun its worldwide search for astronauts who will fly to Mars in 2023—and never come back. The ultimate goal is to select 24 to 40 candidates who will travel to Mars in groups of four. Mars One wants to land the first group (two men and two women, ideally from four different continents, says CEO Bas Lansdorp) on the red planet in 2023, with the other groups following one at a time, every two years. Applications close August 31, 2013.

Imagine watching science fiction movies and living on a planet very different from our Earth. Can you do it? To be honest I would love to visit Mars, but I would be in for a shock or two or multiple shocks! What would be great if we could Terraforming Mars where we'll transform Mars into a Earth like planet that can sustain life.

Source
Source 2

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another promotional video I would like to share. Come on now this is history in the making. This could lead through doors of great options for all life on Earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
- I would go. But only if I could bring a lifetime supply of things I cannot discuss here...And am allowed 13 Wives (purely to populate the planet)...Then, Yeah. Sign me up.

-Absent those things, my idea of being a pioneer for life on a new inhospitable planet with the same few people around me, living almost 100% indoors, working impossible hours to set up hydroponics and new areas and do "Mars Stuff". No.

EDIT: Once a few generations pass and mars has huge domed and underground Cities complete with a gritty Vice district and Mining operations with Ancient discoveries- Then I will go.
edit on 22-4-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'll go as long as there will be no religion allowed on Mars.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They will never send assholes like us up there

but you bet i'm going to try anyways!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the update...more information and discussion on MarsOne here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a very exciting stage in human existence, it'll be interesting to watch this unfold over the next ten years.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i saw this on the news today and they say this will happen by 2022........i,ll bet any money this doesn,t happen in my life time or even my childs life time and i,m aged 37 just so u know.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

I cannot believe it was posted. Oh, well. You cannot win them all.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

thats classic, " what happens when a Jew, muslim, and white separatist, are chose to colonise mars and travel to mars together for 17months? "

hahaha hahah hahah

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
They will never send assholes... up there

Wanna bet? Once the politicians (and others) figure out that the people really aren't coming back, ever, I'll bet Mars becomes a penal colony.

Also, it would be like being in a submarine for the rest of your life. So basically prison.
edit on 26-4-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Oh man, they're going to be so bloody bored huddled around in their little compartments hoping their food's going to grow and they dont run out of oxygen or things to talk about ;-p

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Yes, it would be scary. But you have to be optimistic. The worse is death and you'll have to survive despite the odds. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

The worse could be living with psychopaths and being tortured for the rest of your life whatever form of torture that may be. But still, I'm sure many will want in on this. Personally I think I'll wait until it becomes a place worth going to, I'd miss the beautiful scenery we have here too much.

top topics

join