It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged al-Qaeda-supported plot against Via train thwarted in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Police say 2 accused were getting 'direction and guidance' from al-Qaeda elements in Iran

Canadian police say they have arrested two men and thwarted a plot to carry out a major terrorist attack on a Via passenger train in the Greater Toronto Area.

www.cbc.ca...

Now this is starting to get a little close to me (being about an hour away). I know many people seem to think that Canada is exempt from terrorism, but we have our own problems with terrorism.

It was reported earlier this month that two Canadians were involved in the Algerian gas plant attack, they lived in London, Ontario - there was the summer of 2006, when police arrested 18 people in a massive anti-terrorism sweep in southern Ontario (who planned on blowing up our parliament)

The only funny thing about this is Harper was about to announce the discussion of his anti-terrorism bill:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
And people will still b*tch and moan and complain about the RCMP.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I didn't know that. My great-grandmother was Canadian and then married someone she met from Michigan. Our family always talked about moving back to Canada (before I was born.) Because my great-grandmother said it was the "seat of reason". She missed her family greatly, I think, and they were very poor which made it very hard to visit. She'd have to rely on her family coming over the bridge to see her.

But yes, I was naively under the belief that Canada didn't have much in the way of terrorism.

Thanks for the article. It was very informative. S&F.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That's cool!!!

I'm kidding, of course.

One wonders whether there's any organic connection between this and the Boston bombing. After all, the older brother made frequent trips to Chechnya, picked up his radical views there; perhaps there was some coordination happening? It's not too great an assumption to imagine that Al Qaeda has networks in that terror ravaged region of Russia.

Either that or Al Qaeda has considered it opportune to follow up the last terror attack with one of their own. Maybe to add on to the terror created by the Boston bombings??

As a matter of fact, Canada's just another western country. This myth people have of the "Canada, good guy", may work well for traveling Canadians, but it has absolutely no basis in fact.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What I am wondering, is why now? Is there more to all of this than what we are aware of? Evidently no one country is immune, so does this mean discontent, or hatred has suddenly risen or is this something new on the horizon. I am so sorry that Canada is also being selected as well. It is such a beautiful country, and the people so friendly. s&f

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chansi3

Honestly, and you might not like this answer - I think parents of our youth have dropped the ball.

The internet is used to radicalize young youths - and breed anger and contempt toward others.

That's just the way I see it. This is a new breed of killer youths coming at us - because parents thought it was just fine to let their kids cruise the internet without supervision. Parents not teaching their children to be proud of who they are and where they live.

But that might be too easy an answer for some.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Terrorist attacks wull always be thwarted in Canada.

Reason being that these attempts are BS and Canada does not
have layers and layers of LE like in the states so to actually pull
Off a false flag would be almost impossible. Our most watched news
station is public and is usually quite partial. Peter Mansbridge would
stand mute infront of the camera instead of reiterating half baked
news reports from the scene.

Canada has no Terrorists. Just a bunch of hearsay from a ferderal
paramilitary force.

Remember when the OPP were caught trying to instigate a riot. They had
to admit to it cause this is Canada. We are small and wide open. Hard to
hide in the shadows.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

edit on Mon Apr 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join