It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego does NOT equal Suffering... but only if you stay as "Ego" ALL the way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
THE CENTER OF EXISTENCE

From Ego's perspective, everything revolves around Self. This is true because you are the center of all of your experiences. It is also true from a universal perspective...

From The Earth, the Sun is the center... from the Sun, the Galactic Center is the center....

From the Galactic Center the middle point of a cluster of galaxies is the Center...

In this large expansive universe, there is not True center and it change depending on how you look at it.

Ego will just focus around "Self" and this is indeed another true perspective...

---------------------------

TRUTH

From the perspective of Ego, whatever one believes is true, why? Because SELF is the center of one's experiences and the only thing in reality you will ever know is your experiences... even if you have experiences of something you do not like... you can just change perspective so that even "that" experience can be seen as something "false" or "misleading" and what you PREFER to be truth can be seen as truth...

It's the old saying "We create our OWN reality"... "We are the center of our experiences"...

To Ego, the only truth is "I am awesome and I am correct"... Ego likes TRUTH (or at least what it believes truth to be from ITS perspective) so it usually starts a war or fights against others who disagree...

In a non-destructive way, it can say "Any opinion of me that is GOOD is correct and truthful, otherwise I don't care about their opinion since it is a LIE"

---------------------------

HAPPINESS / PRIDE

The only way to be happy from Ego's Perspective is to have PRIDE in one's self. Have PRIDE in one's possessions, appearance, and reputation... BUT, the main PRIDE, the main POWER must be center around Self, to mistake oneself for current "possessions", "appearances of the body", or "reputation" will make one unhappy as one changes or things start to leave one's life.

It is unconditional SELF love.... unconditional PRIDE... this is the only way to keep a constant happiness if one stays as Ego rather than Spirit...

edit on 22-4-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't know if all of that is true at all, or if I've changed my perspective so much over the last few years that it just sounds wrong to me now.

I don't have this "I am awesome" ego. I did once.

I feel as if I just "am". whether or not people agree with me, like me, hate me, it's all a story within my reality that my brain creates to function in this world. "AM". I am here. I am now. I am the sum total of this machines experiences engaging the world in a different way to everyone else. A result of the chemical and electrical reactions that my brain has moulded into 'me'.

One day I will not be. We all meet that day. A lot of people I guess, struggle with trying to be 'awesome' in their infinite series of connected moments. A fight they will lose. Perhaps the memory of them will remain and grow but it will not be them. We never remember the entire thing. We only ever remember the absolute good. Or the ultimate bad. Never the whole. Their reality leaves with them.

I am not awesome. By what measure could I claim this. Someone unaware of their place in the world, unaware of the futility of the struggle that causes so much suffering, may believe they are awesome, may need to believe they are awesome. But it's just a story told to themselves.

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Originally posted by winofiend
A lot of people I guess, struggle with trying to be 'awesome' in their infinite series of connected moments. A fight they will lose. Perhaps the memory of them will remain and grow but it will not be them.

I'm not talking about trying to be awesome "for" anyone. I'm talking about seeing oneself as awesome, not trying to FORCE anyone else to see you as "awesome", since it is just their perspective anyway, which they have a right to have.

Originally posted by winofiend
I am not awesome. By what measure could I claim this.

By whatever measure you CHOOSE, since "awesomeness" is subjective and all have their OPINION on what true awesomeness is...

Or you can choose NO measure and not see anything or anyone as "awesome" and leave everything in this sort of plain / non-exciting view...

edit on 22-4-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

join