It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The march toward totalitarianism needs to be halted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There are folks out there who refuse to believe that the U.S. government could, or would, enact martial law, or forcibly confiscate firearms, or anything else they determined to be unnecessary to the lives of the average citizen, from it's people.

The following videos are from the Boston lock down on 4/19/13.

With the majority of U.S. citizens already in a submissive state, the actions in the videos above (I recommend everyone actually watch them) could very easily be implemented all across the country.

There will be naysayers, there will be those that will offer me a roll of tin foil from which to make my hat, but the fact remains that this CAN happen, and the people of this country need to wake up to that fact.

I am not claiming that this is coming any time soon, or even ever. What I am doing is asking people to stop chewing on the feed given to them and to look around at what is going on in this country as well as others around the world.

There seems to be an attitude of 'If it's coming, what are we supposed to do about it?' or 'They have the military, we have nothing, so there's no use in resisting.' among many Americans (I can't speak for other countries, as I am not there to observe).

We do not have to allow these things to happen, I chose the word 'allow' because by refusing to see the possibility of the above happening everywhere, that is exactly what we'll be doing. We can stand up for ourselves if all of us, or at least a large enough percentage of us would recognize that this is a distinct possibility and take actions through what means currently remain to us to do so..

Cable TV, the internet, fast food and so called 'creature comforts' are not worth the same as true liberty and freedom, are they? If you answered "Yes" to that question, you may as well just continue to swallow the blue pill and move along; if you answered "No", then take that red pill and start looking around.

This isn't paranoia; this isn't tin-hattery; it's seeing the world for what it has become, and what it more than likely will turn into from this point on.

It required only 9000 or so (we'll call them troops for the sake of argument) troops, to subdue a population of 625,000 or so complicit civilians, think about that for a second. Imagine if those people had said "No, we won't do what you tell us to.", The story would have been very different, wouldn't it?

I know that this lock down was supposedly used in order to locate a 19 year old suspected bomber, and that many people feel that it was helpful in his apprehension; I'm not talking about that specific scenario, I'm referring to a scenario where the authorities tell the people that this is how it is, "for your own good and safety." which, is more than likely going to be the way a declared martial law is presented to the American people.

Stop blindly accepting the company line, stop selling yourselves short, stop falling for the old 'divide and conquer' routine. This country is OURS, and those in the government are stewards of it, not rulers, and they are such at our leisure; It's time they were reminded of that fact.

The 'Move along, there's nothing to see here' act needs to stop.

For those that read all of this post, I'll give your eyes a break now and stop rambling; for those that are not going to read it, but will skim and then comment, please don't waste everyone else's time.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Such drama queens lately.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Its hard to imagine the populace being able to resist totalitarianism when its that well equipped... Even the "assault" weapons that are so feared by Politicians could do little against such a force if it was turned against the people.

What have we allowed our country to become.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

Second line.

Absolutely right, such a HUGE overreaction to two criminals... OH wait your talking about ATS members...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

Second line.

I fail to see how I was a 'drama queen', but then again, I also fail to see the point of you posting at all, if that's all you have to contribute.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Its hard to imagine the populace being able to resist totalitarianism when its that well equipped... Even the "assault" weapons that are so feared by Politicians could do little against such a force if it was turned against the people.

What have we allowed our country to become.

I agree, however, there have been totalitarian regimes that have been overthrown by its own citizens. So, on that end, it is possible. My point is more that we should stop it before it is securely in place, if it isn't already.

new topics

top topics

join