It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien body recovered shows DNA not Human

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So many years away from ATS and here I am.

So simple question, why have they not submitted this to every mainstream university? If the DNA is genuinely new then it's an easy proof of at the very least a new species.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

A possible answer, is that Dr. Nolan would like to work up a full article for peer-reviewed publication, and then he plans on putting it up on the web for anyone and everyone to take a crack at figuring it out, seeing if he missed anything, etc.

It makes sense for him to be able to write up the work he's done, and the data will be in the article.

Also, Dr. Nolan hasn't said that this is a new species or an alien - it is currently considered human with a bunch of unmatched DNA that they don't know what to do with, and no known genetic anomalies present. So the little guy is quite mysterious in that regard. The 2 million unmatched base pairs must hold the secret of his condition, it is believed.

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by Kuroodo
reply to post by Covertblack

The question is, who is "god" exactly?

A better question would be "is there one"

Then , you can ask "Who"

Here we go again, another atheist trying to inject atheism into an unrelated topic.

Let's hijack the alien thread and talk about how god doesnt exist so I can feel better about the poor choices I've made in life. (sarcasm)

I responded to someone who brought up the existense of god. So in otherwords , you meant to say there we go again , another religious nutcase that needs to inject religion into a unrelated topic

I did not bring it up , i responded to....The next time you are going to accuse someone you might want to accuse the correct instigator or just look stupid.

Unless of course you like being blind to the facts.

Anyway ,

i would have loved for the ops story to be true or at least have me wondering but i have concluded that neither will be.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
So many years away from ATS and here I am.

So simple question, why have they not submitted this to every mainstream university? If the DNA is genuinely new then it's an easy proof of at the very least a new species.

Most likely because "hype" and over "dramatization" is not acceptable evidence at university's. Greers affiliation/closeness most likely does not sway them over either.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This thread is NOT about whether God exists or not.

Please don't cause any more derailment in this thread as we have religious forums for those questions.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If the DNA is genuinely new then it's an easy proof of at the very least a new species.

What makes you think the DNA is new?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Anywhere to watch this documentary without paying for it? The thoughts of letting Greer get his grubby little hands on my money makes me sick. I asked around in this Bay that was full of Pirates
and another place that was totally KickAss
but no luck.....
edit on 23/4/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

If the DNA is genuinely new then it's an easy proof of at the very least a new species.

What makes you think the DNA is new?

I never claimed it was. I stated that if this is a new species, unknown to science then submitting samples to a reputable university would be a good way of proving this is at the very least a new species. If it doesn't fit in with any known ancestor then we can argue extraterresial. That is how science works.

If it's a fraud it will be detected rather quickly.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Yeah its popping up at all the popular video sites but to be honest its one of the worst excuses for a UFO documentary ive ever seen, i wouldn't waste my time watching it a second time and im very glad i never paid for it.

Its a Greer love fest ..Most of it is Greer just trying to promote his CSETI cash cow where he charges people to experience invisible aliens, throw in a bunch of new age spiritualist stuff , a bunch of already debunked recent UFO vids from youtube , the usual array of people who dont understand physics claiming they can make free energy devices and top it all off with one very dodgy skeleton and you have the whole film in a nutshell..or nut case

edit on 23-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

A possible answer, is that Dr. Nolan would like to work up a full article for peer-reviewed publication, and then he plans on putting it up on the web for anyone and everyone to take a crack at figuring it out, seeing if he missed anything, etc.

It makes sense for him to be able to write up the work he's done, and the data will be in the article.

Also, Dr. Nolan hasn't said that this is a new species or an alien - it is currently considered human with a bunch of unmatched DNA that they don't know what to do with, and no known genetic anomalies present. So the little guy is quite mysterious in that regard. The 2 million unmatched base pairs must hold the secret of his condition, it is believed.

peace,
AB

That is all perfectly fine, as long as he provides detailed analysis and samples for the wider community to analyse and he must submit it to a reputable journal, not the new age times or something of that nature. His data isn't enough, he must provide samples for other scientists to test. If he does that then he'll be in for a big reward, even if it's not extraterrestrial a new species is big news.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That's obviously a mummified fetus. Lets really look at the odds here. On one hand we have an alien baby from light years away found in Chile or we have a mummified human fetus that originated on this planet. We have mummies and fetuses on earth, we actually can prove this. This is almost as ridiculous as that little gold monkey wearing a dress that everyone thought was a model of an ancient jet plane. Can someone please start a thread about the conspiracy where a Dr. Nolan and his homies conspired to fool the world into thinking they found an extraterrestrial fetus in Chile. They seriously need to allow multiple universities access to this thing if they want any reasonable person to believe in this. Any single person who truly believes that this is an alien based on the information of this whole Sirius project is not interested in facts but rather in love with the idea of finding an alien.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
oh so they're saying the mother is human...maybe the dna is just too degraded then.

this is what the skeptics are saying, it's a human fetus

disappointing but expected

I have to ask: is this disinfo?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, haven't had time to read the full thread but;

In fact, the film, which premiered Monday in Hollywood, features a scientist who concluded the little humanoid was human. "I can say with absolute certainty that it is not a monkey. It is human -- closer to human than chimpanzees. It lived to the age of six to eight. Obviously, it was breathing, it was eating, it was metabolizing. It calls into question how big the thing might have been when it was born," said Garry Nolan, director of stem cell biology at Stanford University's School of Medicine in California.

This thread is claiming that it's not human, while Nolan is saying it is? Sorry if I have missed something but I'm coming off as confused.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am just getting ready to watch the full length show.

I'll either watch it right now, or in the morning. You can U2U me and ask about my thoughts, if you don't see my reply here - I may forget to reply about it and so a U2U would be a sort of reminder...

EDIT:

Wow, it's 1hr 56mins long... so I will be watching this tomorrow. I'll check back afterwards, if I remember.

Also, those saying it is a Greer 'lovefest' (haha), well, so far, they seem to be right.

It opens with, 'Not many people no what a dead man's trigger is', then proceeds to explain it. The narrator then says, 'Few men have ever really had the need for such a trigger, Dr. Stephen Greer is one of the extraordinary men'.

As he says this the camera follows Greer approaching the stage in an auditorium, where the crowd applauds his on-stage appearnace. Walking to the podium, Greer shoots a smile and proceeds to wave, like a Queen to her adoring fans, and blow kisses to the audience... sheesh...

Well, it can only get better from here... I hope...
edit on 23-4-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 0bserver1

but we will know soon I guess

Just how will we know?
Greer will never allow anyone with any credibility near his toy.

Haha that is an oxymoron/contradiction. By saying 'his toy' you are basically stating that this is fake yet at the same time playing with words enough to convince the reader that your not making that BOLD statement as fact when in FACT you are!

Gotta love the use of language.

As for me I'm open to this being potentially real..............so much under the sun that we are literally clueless about after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It looks like the fetus of Beavis...if we dig in that area maybe we find the fetus of Butthead

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Is that absolute proof?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join