It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who live to shut us conspirators down....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am putting this in this forum because I hope it covers all theories, ideas and beliefs that we, people who enjoy to converse and divulge in the world of conspiracies, can relate to.

This is not me proposing a general conspiracy, but more of me sending a message at those who's soul purpose is to shut us down, and I know you exist here on ATS. This is not a rant.

Too many times on here have I seen people quick to react to a theory and try and shut it down. I like to believe that these people enjoy shutting others down out of jealousy, mass ignorance and pure denial fuelled by fear. Yes, sometimes these people have a point, but mostly, it's because of those reasons. Why ruin our fun? We are not seeking to be hateful and start arguments, we are hear to enjoy conversing with each other on topics that are sometimes not welcome in "day to day society". If your not happy with it, then don't be here.

Furthermore to my point, and for those who simply have trouble believing some things exist, I would like to put this idea in your head.

If the creative people of this world, I.E movie writers, novelists and so on, can easily think of entertaining ideas such as mass extinction, the end of the world, zombies, biological weapons, historic adventure, alien invasion, demons, ghosts and so on... Then why can't people with the actual power to put these ideas into reality have the same thoughts?

I sometimes believe there is a conspiracy within itself here. Maybe people shooting us down are government agents who's sole mission is to dis-info and crack down on people who like having fun... And yes that is extremely sarcastic. No doubt someone will think I am being serious.

Point of story: Stop ruining my time on ATS. I love it here. Yes, have your argument, but don't shoot people down purely because you are too ignorant to see someone else's point of view.

PLEASE MOVE IF IN WRONG FORUM.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Stop ruining my time on ATS. I love it here. Yes, have your argument, but don't shoot people down purely because you are too ignorant to see someone else's point of view

Says it all
Ignorant to someones point of view and ignorant to the facts are completely different.
Many of you are ignorant to facts, that is why there are so many threads on planes in the sky, false flag events, alien creatures in pictures....its a good thing this place is full of people like you though, otherwise most of the threads posted would be in the trash, LOL, or hoax bins....lots of the mods are also complicit in spreading total garbage...sorry, but its true.

I see it all the time, blatant hoaxes that are never moved to the hoax forum? Why is that?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I think of so-called 'conspiracy theorists' as the dogs in the yard that guard the house we call liberty.

Of course, inside at the foot of the bed... are the other dogs who are sound asleep.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I get it sometimes, when some situations require a little logical thinking and not so much knee-jerk reactions to situations, but I still scratch my head at some of the posters who jump on everything and bash people as crazy conspiracy theorists on a conspiracy theorists website.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

If something is proven as a hoax then yeah, by all means, move it, bin it and burn it haha. I am not saying every theory is true, and every single idea that someone has is a global event that we should all be aware of haha I just think it is unfair that people get shot down so quickly when they sometimes actually have something that could be considered you know.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If people post nonsense, they should expect their nonsense to get shot full of holes.

If your theory is sound it will stand up to scrutiny.
Present it in a clear logical manner and you should have no issues.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
If people post nonsense, they should expect their nonsense to get shot full of holes.

Nonsense is, in most cases, a word used to reflect a personal opinion.

One person's nonsense is another's evidence.

There's an old saying about opinions and exhaust pipes... we all have at least one

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
Too many times on here have I seen people quick to react to a theory and try and shut it down.

This is the problem as I see it, too many here really should be in a fiction writers forum somewhere, because so many of the stories people believe on ATS have absolutely no evidence to back them up.

A conspiracy theory should have at least some basis in actual fact, and people seem to not understand this. I don't know if it's simply that there are a lot of teenagers here, but far too many people do not know the difference between opinion and fact.

I am eager to read about real conspiracies, to investigate real conspiracies with others and have some good debates about them, but there are none being discussed. There's plenty of wild speculation and rumours being described as evidence though

I hope ATS gets back to what it was a long time ago (as I understand it), where members actually offered some valid evidence of a conspiracy before screaming about a government "coming to take our guns!" or about "Martial Law" being in effect.

I really think there should probably be a minimum age rule of 21 on here, but I have a feeling that still wouldn't change a great deal.

It comes down to one thing really - offer PROOF for what you claim, or at least something that cannot be shot down within seconds just with a little analytical thinking.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If there weren't people trying to shut down conspirators, ATS would be a very dull place. It's important to have a good mix of people to keep the conversation going. If you don't want to be shut down fast, have facts to back your argument up.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by brace22

I think of so-called 'conspiracy theorists' as the dogs in the yard that guard the house we call liberty.

Of course, inside at the foot of the bed... are the other dogs who are sound asleep.

Redoubt, that is a great analogy. I may need to use that someday. (with all due credit of course)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

There's an old saying about opinions and exhaust pipes... we all have at least one

So you ignore his point?

If I were to post about all you sheeple not believing in the easter bunny, because you're all satanists and worship the moon while eating pig flesh raw off live pigs..

I'd hope to god someone explained how ridiculous it sounded,and pointed out my errors in thought, because if I were left to my own devices, and even supported in my delusions by others, I'd end up completely bewildered in this world.

if however I have video evidence, supported by others, to prove my claims, then I'd have something. No one can deny the facts.

But facts and truth are not of interest around here. It seems that if you can make it up, then you're good to go.

And this "It's a conspiracy website dude!!!!" line is getting tired. It's not a fools website.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher

reply to post by brace22

Redoubt, that is a great analogy. I may need to use that someday. (with all due credit of course)

Problem with his analogy is that the dog that barks all the time gets ignored.

The sleeping dog is the one you are aware of when it barks.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ahh, but there is value in that too.
The outside dog will eventually wake the sleeping dog who in turn wakes the whole house.
He may get the shoe from the window on some nights, but he'll also wake you when your house in on fire.
Either way you wake up.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by brace22

Some of those dogs are the little nasty yappy ones that yap at anything.... most dogs investigate first, then bark if necessary, but the yappy ones just yap.

They see a rock, yapyapyapyap, their master comes and investigates, shows them it is just a harmless rock then he leaves them. 1 minute later they see the same rock, so yapyapyapyap they go again. They see a cloud, yapyapyap, a plane, yapyapyap etc etc. They never learn, or stop to think why they are yapping.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Furthermore to my point, and for those who simply have trouble believing some things exist, I would like to put this idea in your head.

If the creative people of this world, I.E movie writers, novelists and so on, can easily think of entertaining ideas such as mass extinction, the end of the world, zombies, biological weapons, historic adventure, alien invasion, demons, ghosts and so on... Then why can't people with the actual power to put these ideas into reality have the same thoughts?

Well, they can. And do, you ought to see some of the more oddball RFQs you get handed from time to time. However, even if some General wants to look at zombies, magic, ghosts, "real" holograms and the like, it doesn't mean he can actually get what he wants, if it's not real or physically possible.

You can make up a lot of creative entertainment and make it work with CGI for a movie. But that doesn't mean you can actually have a pony that flies and shoots laser beams out of its eyes.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The problem I think that is endemic on ATS at the moment is, a lot (most?) of the 'conspiracy theorists' don't have a lot of theory.

Sorry if I ever ruin your 'fun' though.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Why ruin our fun?

Your "fun" is making up silly stories about things like 9/11, the Boston bombing etc.

Stop ruining my time on ATS. I love it here. Yes, have your argument, but don't shoot people down purely because you are too ignorant to see someone else's point of view.

So you should be allowed to put your point of view forward, but you do not want anyone else to be allowed to put their view forward, or point out errors in your point....

You seem not to understand the motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance", NOT "Embrace Ignorance"!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

A dog is not a good dog just because he barks, like a man is not a good man just because he can talk

Someone smart once said that. And it seems to be the gist of the game of analogies.

Regardless, I gotta give it to redoubt for the tailpipe comment.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think the people that are so quick to shut down any other theories, are just quaking in their little boots. They can't imagine a world where their own Gov't is attacking them and they refuse to even see any holes in their story(ies).

I actually feel kinda sad for them. They are kind of low brow and caveman like to me.

Take this Boston situation. Have we seen a shred of evidence with our very own eyes? Nope. Nada. But the folks that are scared sh-tless will quote the Gov't relentlessly, as if they were in the room when they viewed alleged footage.

Sorry, I like to take in everything. And when I hear there is footage lying around, the Gov't damn well better show it to the public.
'Cuz either we got our own Gov't killing it's own citizens, or we got a giant clusterf-ck on our hands and some arses need to be fired and demoted to Mall Cops.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Nonsense is an extraordinary claim being presented as a fact with no evidence to support it.

As I said, If a theory is sound, it will hold up to scrutiny. If it is nonsense, it can be exposed as such.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join