It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind control through subliminal messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Mind control through subliminal messages has been going on for a long time especially in the economic sector. That little relaxing music you hear in department stores is designed to make people relax because in that state of mind the person is more open to subliminal messages. It is said that the music often comes with these subliminal messages telling the person to buy or stay longer at the store. But it's not only in stores TV commercials often come with these messages as well. The question is are we manipulated to make us act like sheep to basically force us to buy their products? That's why I think is important to exercise our own minds and control it so that we don't fall into this trap because when we control our own minds it's very difficult for outside forces to influence us.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

did you say mind control?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

I'm pretty sure that subliminal messages are a con and don't work , they are I believe an Urban myth with no base in science .

Thus, it is believed that one can influence behavior by surreptitiously appealing to the subconscious mind with words and images. If this were true, then advertisers could manipulate consumer behavior by hiding subliminal messages in their ads.
The government, or Aunt Hilda for that matter, could control our minds and bodies by secretly communicating to us subliminally. Learners could learn while listening to music embedded with subliminal messages. Unfortunately, "...years of research has resulted in the demonstration of some very limited effects of subliminal stimulation" and no support for its efficaciousness in behavior modification (Hines, 312).

Despite the fact that there is no body of empirical support for the notion that subliminal advertising is effective, in 1974 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued an order saying that broadcast outlets that knowingly carry subliminal ads are operating "contrary to the public interest."

In September 2000, Senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and John Breaux of Louisiana complained to the FCC about a Republican ad that flashed the word ''RATS'' (or "BUREAUCRATS") across the screen for 1/30 of a second. ''We have reason to believe that broadcasters are airing television advertisements that contain subliminal messages in violation of the public interest,'' they said, apparently oblivious to the fact that something which can't be registered by the brain is unlikely to have any effect on viewers and is unlikely to violate anything except the reasonable bounds of credulity.
skepdic.com...

So in answer to your question .... No probably not

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

there are real nasty hidden messages in almost EVERY SINGLE song even semistream,, and amateur,,
trick is to play it somehow, at the same, time slower and faster and backwards,
not kidding, man... there is more to it though,,,,,

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I own more than a few hundred song copyrights as composer. And nothing...I mean NOTHING...have I hidden. You are sooooooo wrong....A tiny, min-ute few out there in the world ...maybe. But, thats out of 10's of thousands, and almost all...do not.

We do work hard on the LYRICS...the words...to get our meanings and intent across.

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

the hidden message appears, as you work hard, to get the lyrics juuuusssst right,
most are unaware of the messages that they create, same goes for architecture and art, sorry that my vocabulary isnt enough to be more clear, but thats is a strange subject anyway...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

"the hidden message appears, as you work hard, to get the lyrics juuuusssst right,
most are unaware of the messages that they create, same goes for architecture and art, sorry that my vocabulary isnt enough to be more clear, but thats is a strange subject anyway..."

Really? Im under "command" while getting my lyrics juuuussst right? (I sometimes spend years on a song coming back to it whenever....so any subliminal message would be pointless by the time the "work" is finished...rendering your point and its effect useless and out of timing).

Im wondering? Are you yourself a lyricist? Author? Poet? Writer?Editor? Architect? Artist? Painter? Sculptor?
Do you teach any of these these subjects or work in any of these fields?

If not...then....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by frankky
That's why I think is important to exercise our own minds and control it so that we don't fall into this trap because when we control our own minds it's very difficult for outside forces to influence us.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

all of those subjects are of interest to me, and actually i have studied sculpting and painting for many years,
and if you happen to be a creative person, i am surprised that you havent noticed the fact, that something extraordinary gets embedded in the final piece,,,
i am not saying its good or evil, but it just happens and it is possible to detect.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

I just don't believe its influenced from outside forces...yes, perhaps some are...but for example...some of my songs and books I put away for years until Ive had an idea for them, and then finished them.

If there was a subliminal influence from outside myself for some idea to get across to readers and listeners...it was years later and after any fact it was trying to get across and place influence on the readers and listeners.

Not all.....most.... are in no way influenced as you suggest subliminally...or hold subliminal suggestions. Still...remember this...I agree there may be some...but most are hard worked music and lyrics we put together to make a great song for you the listener to enjoy, or to get an idea across. We are not...for the most part....influenced by and produce...subliminal messages.

You might think so...but unless you are a writer....you haven't a clue to the reality of composition, and how hard it is to make a universally understood point. Subliminal intent? Great! That would sell a lot a lot of product.

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

closer, there in most cases are no outside influence, but there is always the one, you put in to it..
it is not intentional...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Honestly, Solve? Sometimes, many, many years later after I write something...and with all the time and effort that I put into writing it...all of a sudden lights go off in my head and I think to myself "Oh! THATS what this song is about!" I may have thought it was about a broken relationship or something then...

I had NO CLUE really at the time...that years later...songs would have entirely different meanings than when I wrote them. That still happens to me. Subliminally influenced by the greater "ALL"? The "ID"? Time itself? Really...after all these years...I don't have any real clue.

Maybe, all of the above....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

this really comes to personal experiences of reality,,,

you are the one making the (for example) song, and its amazing when it takes years to come together,,,
it is not easy to see how they all connect,,,,

a subliminal message does not have to be, evil or good or a command of sorts,

its just information about the one, shaping the medium...
think about when someone is carving a stone stelae, it takes many years for the message (or) meaning to come to shape....
we live in a quantum event, and everything we do causes ripples, that echo a long time,,,,
especially if its a song that can be heard, or words that can be pronounced, or a hieroglyph that can be deciphered...
it is just transmitting the experience...
imagine how we can detect radiation from a long gone star, do you think its that hard, to detect information about a being, that has created something tangible?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjZ0rXSXeBA
Pretty terrible

Its in music too, Hit Me Baby One More Time aka Sleep With Me I'm Not Too Young
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtrIQ5TqRKY

new topics

top topics

join