It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgorod: Six dead in western Russia shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
While the next posts will focus on the Canadian spoiler of a terrorist attack...lets look at what has happened in Russia!

"The man shot dead three people inside a hunting shop and two passers-by. Another woman later died in hospital.

The attacker - said to be an ex-convict - then fled in a car, and the abandoned vehicle, a BMW, was found later.

The motive is believed to be robbery. The city authorities have declared Tuesday a day of mourning."

bbc

fox

From wiki:

View of Belgorod in 1912

Male Monastery in 1911
The name Belgorod in Russian literally means "a white city", name being a compound of "белый" (bely, "white, light") and "город" (gorod, "town, city"). The city was thus named after the region being rich in limestone. Etymologically, it corresponds to other Slavic city names of identical meaning: Belgrade, Białogard, Biograd, Bilhorod, Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi etc.

The settlement was first mentioned in 1237, when it was ravaged by the hordes of Batu Khan. It is unclear whether this Belgorod was located at the same place where the current city is. In 1596, it was re-founded by the order of Feodor Ioannovich as one of numerous forts set up to defend Southern borders from the Crimean Tatars.[5]

After the Russian border was moved further south, the fortress fell in disrepair and the town was assigned to Kursk Governorate. Peter the Great visited it on the eve of the Battle of Poltava, and a dragoon regiment was stationed in the town until 1917.

Ioasaph of Belgorod, an 18th century bishop, became widely venerated as a miracle worker and was glorified as a saint of the Russian Orthodox Church in 1911.

It was occupied by Nazi Germany on October 25, 1941. On July 12, 1943, during the Battle of Kursk, the largest tank battle in world history took place near Prokhorovka, and the city was consequently liberated on August 5, 1943. The Belgorod Diorama is one of the World War II monuments commemorating the event.

edit on Mon Apr 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: former title:While u will talk about Canada Terror attack, 6 r dead in Russia Shotgun rampage!!!

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS [tags added]
edit on Mon Apr 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Canada attack?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Canada attack?

That's what I was wondering. Did Canada invade and take Boston? I knew it was a matter of time before Canada would take over the world!!!

Edit - I misunderstood. I think he / she is talking about the attack that was prevented in Canada this morning.
edit on 22-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What has this got to do with Canada???

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Absolutely nothing!
But while ATS will get flooded with how the US and Canadian forces thwarted a terror attack... I just wanted to put on table the Shotgun massacre in Russia...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

No I gaurentee people read your post. I did. And did for a second time as well. The problem is. This is not a terrorist attack. Nor did this cry conspiracy. Nor was it done in a school. Well you get the idea, the list goes on.

This is a sad scenerio for anyone to live, let alone experiance. In the states now we are becoming numb to such attacks as we just had one in Washington (Not the capital the state) where 5 individuals were shot and killed. Literally just on sat/sunday~ No talk on ATS about this? Why? It just becomes speculation on why a person snapped... Now if this person hit a tally of 10+ then you might have a topic of discussion, sorry I know it's sick but I've watched these boards and that's just how ATSer's roll.

Cheers~

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dang,gun control failed again.
I 'm shocked.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This horrible news, I am sorry for those six shot.
May they catch the guy and make him suffer a bit.
With all the doom news, it may feel like some get marginalized, but we DO read and empathize.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Shooter identified as Sergey Pomazun, 31.

There were early reports that at least one more person was involved:

en.rian.ru...
Media reports suggested a second suspect was involved in the attack, but this has not been confirmed by police.

www.themoscowtimes.com...
The shooter arrived in a luxury BMW X5 car and later fled in it with a companion, who might have acted as the driver, Komsomolskaya Pravda reported. A citywide manhunt was under way for the attackers.

rt.com...
Conflicting reports suggest there were two suspects in the shooting, with witnesses having seen them according to some media reports.

Was this other person the one reported to have been captured before Pomazun was caught the next day?

rt.com...
Belgorod authorities earlier stated that the suspect had been detained by police. However, they then said that the report was published on the local administration’s website by mistake.

The suspect claims he did not kill the two teenage girls who were shot outside the shop, perhaps indicating another shooter:

en.rian.ru...
While being questioned by police, who detained him after a two-day manhunt as he tried to flee the city, the suspect, Sergei Pomazun, did not deny having killed people but said “I did not shoot at the children!”
When police asked him what he was shooting at, he answered, “At hell!”

Like many another mass shooter, he had first been subject to mental health 'treatment':

rss.rt.com...
Pomazun was released from prison in December(2012) after serving a sentence for theft. The father of the suspect said that his son was behaving erratically in recent days, and had threatened to kill him. "He went nuts after 5 years in jail" Aleksander Pomazun told Lifenews. ...
Rosbalt reported that the shooter has been isolated and placed under psychiatric control for a set period while imprisoned.

rt.com...
Some media also stated that earlier the shooting suspect had undergone treatment at a psychiatric clinic. It was reported he had been sentenced to compulsory treatment by a court.

He was a veteran of the military, like other mass shooters:

rss.rt.com...
Sergey acquired his shooting skills in the army: He served in the special forces at a nuclear missile base for two years.

The grief counselors soon arrived to make sure the witnesses don't repeat crazy stories of others involved:

rt.com...
--Russia’s Emergencies Ministry sent a team of psychologists to the city to help the grieving relatives to cope with the tragedy.

The government was quick to offer compensation, perhaps an indication of culpability:

rss.rt.com...
The city administration agreed to pay the families of the victims 1 million rubles and offered aid in conducting the funerals.

/

top topics

join