It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two suspects in custody over alleged Canadian terror plot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Funny how Harper was about to pass his NDAA look a like anti-terrorism bill.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But as to this terrorist threat, I really think Canada (and me living about an hour away from all this mess) we should start taking a good hard look at who we let into this country. Start expecting immigrants to try and assimilate to our culture. I know some of us pride on Canada being "multicultural" but I feel we have let it side too far. (as in just take a look who is involved in A LOT of violent crime in southern Ontario)

(and don't forget about the two kids from London, Ontario who were involved in the Algeria gas plant terrorist attack and the 18 who wanted to blow up parliament (and behead the Prime Minister) in 2006.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
HERE WE GO!

support from al Qaeda elements in Iran

Front page of CNN..

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Were the Mayans right in a paradigm shift? Every time I look at the news whether mainstream or ATS there seems to be some type of terror plot (actually happens), alleged terror plot foiled, or generally someone just doing something that is almost in lines with terror. I feel like I should just go back to watching Cartoons or something.
edit on 22-4-2013 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

Burying your head in the sand won't make that sand any less trained by al-queda (or black water )
I don't want to see innocent people die but if attacks are gonna happen might as well try to find out what the news is gonna say and then see What people say on here and other sources to try and get the most accurate picture

Stay alert stay alive
edit on 22-4-2013 by Deceasedfantasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deceasedfantasy

Stay alert stay alive

Something everyone should start doing. Be aware of your surroundings, be aware of who is around you, start learning situational awareness. Might save your life.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You know what the most important piece of all of this is? That they are claiming al-Qaida in IRAN orchestrated the attack. Now, what do we do to al-Qaida cells? We bomb them with drones.

I think Israel and the US just figured out how to "accidentally" blow up Iran's nuclear program....by going after terror cells.

This is going to be a pivotal moment in the Israel-Iran-US fight that we all knew was coming.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

As far as I know, Canada doesn't have any drones with the capability to carry missiles - I do know they are looking into drones to monitor the Arctic and the Maritime regions.....and we don't even remotely have the ability to take any threatening posture towards Iran.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
You know what the most important piece of all of this is? That they are claiming al-Qaida in IRAN orchestrated the attack. Now, what do we do to al-Qaida cells? We bomb them with drones.

I think Israel and the US just figured out how to "accidentally" blow up Iran's nuclear program....by going after terror cells.

This is going to be a pivotal moment in the Israel-Iran-US fight that we all knew was coming.

Yeah I don't nessecary believe it was al-queda in Iran or al-queda at all maybe U.S. had a part in it but Its hard to know anything for sure, if the US did want to start going into Iran I could see them using terror attacks as a way to get the people's support. But maybe it really just was al-queda. Maybe the US has double agents in al-queda with the intent to plot and execute terrorist attacks in the United States so that we have an excuse to go in to Iran or some other country

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deceasedfantasy

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Were the Mayans right in a paradigm shift? Every time I look at the news whether mainstream or ATS there seems to be some type of terror plot (actually happens), alleged terror plot foiled, or generally someone just doing something that is almost in lines with terror. I feel like I should just go back to watching Cartoons or something.
edit on 22-4-2013 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

Burying your head in the sand won't make that sand any less trained by al-queda (or black water )
I don't want to see innocent people die but if attacks are gonna happen might as well try to find out what the news is gonna say and then see What people say on here and other sources to try and get the most accurate picture

Stay alert stay alive
edit on 22-4-2013 by Deceasedfantasy because: (no reason given)

This is very true and perhaps I will just have to look at ATS at least instead of looking to the Mainstream Media, at least this way I will get things in like a matter of minutes and even more a matter of seconds. Though it will probably be in small bits rather than every day as I usually do.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

This could be the necessary precursor needed for Canada to accept the request from the U.S. to join the Joint Missile Defense Shield . While completely unrelated to missiles, the Iran- Al Qaeda connection is there...

Leading me to suspect this will result in an official 'Yes' to the request to join the defense shield.

www.vancouversun.com...

“The Americans are reasonably comfortable that they have the capacity to head off anything (from North Korea),” he said. “But if something came over the pole from Iran, that’s a different dimension, and that would also potentially be a more serious threat to Canada.” Read more: www.canada.com...

edit on 22-4-2013 by topdog81 because: source

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Source

The suspects are not Canadian citizens. RCMP said the suspects were receiving support from al-Qaeda representatives in Iran.

It may have been uncovered in Canada, but these were not Canadians. However given enough time I am sure they would have been if that is the route they wanted to go, there are enough multi-culture societies that would have accepted them and helped them with open arms. I am sure they were probably here on a Visitor's permit or Refugee status, they pass that fast track method around enough in their home country to get where they want to go. Just a guess, but probably correct guess, happens all the time.

Why doesn't the possibility of ill intentions towards their host country and their peoples register in those that aid them in their assimilation into society? They should be responsible for keeping tabs on their whereabouts and contacts and report them if they are not becoming citizens of a country who gives them a chance for a better life instead of trying to bring their violence here.
edit on 22-4-2013 by whatnext21 because: Additional info

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I glad the terror plot was foiled. Congratulations RCMP, FBI, CIA, CSIS, and anyone else in the alphabet I left out. You know who you are. I sure as heck don't.

Job well done! Kudos!

Memo to Mr. Toews:

Just because you scored a couple of points don't come to me for more tax money to spend on security stuff, cuz ya can't have it. The US bankrupted the Soviet Union in an arms race. Don't let them bankrupt us in a "security state" race as part of the amalgamation of the two countries.
edit on 22-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I head this on the news last night and found some major problems with the story...When you hear the words:

FBI, Canada, Terrorists, Iran

The BS meter goes off the scale, not saying there aren't some screwed up people out there but this whole story stinks.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

I head this on the news last night and found some major problems with the story...When you hear the words:

FBI, Canada, Terrorists, Iran

The BS meter goes off the scale, not saying there aren't some screwed up people out there but this whole story stinks.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The idea that Iran would support operations of any kind directed at Canada is absurd.

news.nationalpost.com...

On Monday, Alireza Miryousefi, spokesman for the Iranian mission to the United Nations, said the terrorist network was not operating in Iran.

“Iran’s position against this group is very clear and well known. (Al-Qaida) has no possibility to do any activity inside Iran or conduct any operation abroad from Iran’s territory,” Miryousefi said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press. “We reject strongly and categorically any connection to this story.”

When Canada involved itself with Al CIAda and NATO in the invasion of Libya, they crossed the Rubicon of fly paper and funny business. It is going to take a long time to disentangle from the ensuing mess. We have our hands dirty now, thanks to multiple Canadian governments, not just the current one.

The last time we did anything decent was when Chretien refused to join the gang-up on Iraq.

This country needs to stop sucking up to the Americans. Commercially they need us as much as we need them. Morally they need us a hundred times more than we need them.

I'm glad a plot was foiled, if it really was a plot, but I would hate to see this used, as the Americans typically use these events, to start looting the national treasury on behalf of the defense and security industries. Those people get too much money already.

Trumping up a case against Iran, if that is being done, is an evil thing to do. I hope that Canada will stick to the high road in international affairs. The view is much better on that road and you don't have to feel ashamed of yourself as you go along.
edit on 23-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I see the apologists are out in full force again.

Perhaps it will take yet another tragic incident whereby innocent lives are lost for nasyayers to pull their heads out of their collective asses.

Is it really that difficult to believe that terrorists of a certain fundamentalist religious background were planning an attack on the VIA rail?

There are many sleeper cells in Canada thanks to our lenient immigration policies of the past so don't worry naysayers, I'm sure there will be another incident soon enough.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
I see the apologists are out in full force again.

And here come the xenophobes and defense industry snake oil salesmen.

Perhaps it will take yet another tragic incident whereby innocent lives are lost for nasyayers to pull their heads out of their collective asses.

Perhaps it will. Perhaps it will take a massive false flag event like 9/11 to finally stampede Canadians into the corral of a fascist security state. But as they say in business school, "Whatever it takes."

Is it really that difficult to believe that terrorists of a certain fundamentalist religious background were planning an attack on the VIA rail?

Frankly yes, it is hard to believe. Iranian Al Qaeda is coming to Canada to attack Via Rail as a way of striking at their tormenters in the US. Give me a break.

Maybe it was one of their training drills.

There are many sleeper cells in Canada thanks to our leniant immigration policies of the past . . .

Anybody who thinks that a serious terrorist organization depends on lenient immigration policies to get things done isn't thinking clearly and knows nothing about the underworld.

Do you think Canada has lenient coc aine importation laws?

Canada's immigration policies are not going to change in any material way. This country needs immigrants. We are going to do as we have done for a very long time, bring in immigrants by the bushel basketfull and deal with the rotten apples as we find them.

. . . so don't worry naysayers, I'm sure there will be another incident soon enough.

And if there isn't, the RCMP might very well cook one up, as they did in Quebec, back in the day, Operation Gladio style.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Agreed. I absolutely adore the USA. But following them into war made me feel like I'd eaten KFC. You think it's a great idea but feel so dirty and ashamed afterward.... And I'm a vegan so it's like.... All kinds of messed up. Lol

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thefifthmember

Just go out and pick up a dozen butter tarts. Gobble them down and you will be back to your old self in no time.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I remember on the Marathon Bombing thread, some one had stated that it will just be a matter of time before Iran is brought into the picture. Kudo's to you sir, but is it conspiracy?

my questions is, are these arrests related to the FBI hunt for 12-man terror cell?

About Iran, their people love the "Western" lifestyle and they actually like the American's and the British. But they're government, especially their Prez need to go. I say we just give the people the notice, its time to move on, and we just rain bunker busters on Tehran for a month, give it back to the people. I mean, we're 'Merica, isn't that what we do?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Terror threats are a great way for gov't agencies to get bigger budgets.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The suspects - Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, and Raed Jaser, 35 - had been under surveillance since August 2012.

Another example of Canada's reckless third-world immigration policy...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join