It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm not going to die.

Edit - I didn't answer the question. Nope.
edit on 22-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Afraid of life and death.
You shouldn't be afraid of yourself.

"Live life in light and in Light you shall Live."

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I can go in depth explaining why I don't fear death but it merits a thread of its own IMO to paint a full picture for readers to fully understand. Dreams in general, are the closest experience to what death is like. You are in a certain envirenment, with no personality...Just being...There is no sense of time, but you are fully aware of yourself and your envirenment. You might have lingering memories of your loved ones on Earth, but it's not relevant for you..of course if you are remotely lucid in the dream. You have the same essence of a tree or a flower. It's hard to explain unless you know where I'm coming from. Where you choose to go or do is based on your decision, but one thing you will ALWAYS have is your awareness.

I have often wondered if the true key to "enlightenment" is in being able to keep your awareness after death. To be a drop that falls into the ocean, or to become the ocean catching drops. Awareness after death is something I have pondered for a long time.
I know we continue, but I often wonder if some lose awareness and just fall back into the ocean to be recycled again vs those who seem to be able to hang onto who and what they were before they died.
Most after death contacts I have had have been with people who were somehow involved in spiritual workings or the occult in some fashion, like tarot readers.

Makes one wonder sometimes....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

" Remember friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I, So lain to rest as I must be, prepare yourself to follow me "
That means to look in death's eyes.

Because we all will meet one day in the same place.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I really enjoy life. I don't want to leave it..ever. And so, death is like some super jackarse bouncer at the coolest party in the universe coming towards me and ready to shove me out the door...no running away from him, no hiding, it is going to happen eventually and there is nothing to be done about it.

and all I can think of, while sitting at the party, is what I will miss as it progresses and I am kicked out

So, is that scared? its more like premature self mourning mixed with pointless attempts to try and hide from the bouncer/reaper so I can squeeze out every second of the party possible before caught and ejected.

As far as the mystery of what goes on with myself after I die...I am not seeing the mystery here. We know what happens...we die, our bodies rot. Is there some sort of soul that carries on? don't know..but I do know that once I die, I won't be able to attend my favorite bar, listen to my playlist, watch youtube videos, flirt with the neighbor, finish whatever book I was reading on my kindle, etc etc etc...so no matter what, it is a full loss of what I know now once I die..and that is simply depressing.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Im not afraid of dying, but Im afraid of dying while im home alone and my kid is in school....sounds silly but sometimes when im home alone and shes in school sometimes I think "what if i dropped dead, noone will know until shes been alone too long waiting outside my door and she will discover my body once that door is opened....THAT is what im afraid of

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Decisions that would grant them a large smile on thier death bed. But I fear most people just look to the here and now and base decisions solely on emotions and finances. Live your life to the fullest no?
You are right sir about decisions during life time.

Because never it is too late.

Live your life to the fullest no?
NO.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I am afraid of the pain involved in death, not death itself, although.... I have been in situations where I thought I was going to die and amazingly really did not want too
Pain is a passer by.

The moment of death is very clearly chosen it cannot happen before the time is right.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I am very curious about death, not that i wish to die, but just to see what it is, i might be dissapointed though, you know like there is absolutly nothing there,
Good.

Because you will have a surprise.

A pleasant one.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

It's hard to explain unless you know where I'm coming from.
Oh I know, because I have been there.

There is no sense of time, but you are fully aware of yourself and your envirenment. You might have lingering memories of your loved ones on Earth, but it's not relevant for you..of course if you are remotely lucid in the dream. You have the same essence of a tree or a flower.
It is a feeling that cannot be explained in words,and I have felt that...as I will...by my will.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It'll piss me off when I die, but it's kind of hard to be afraid of a natural occurance.
Fear is common fealing as death is a common happening.

If is acompanied by love in our hearts then...it will be a pleasuring passing,I mean will be no passing because we will be still alive.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

And when I die I wish and encourage that it be celebrated and not grieved upon by whoever may survive me!
Then,

you are good person and you shall not die...ever.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Ahhh~ The one equality and journey everyone shares in life.... Death! We will all venture this road regardless of age or time of death. That is true and death is innevitable. Why be afraid of the unknown? Why not embrace the unknown regardless??? Me! When I die! I don't want tears of sorrow! I want tears of Joy and a kegger! I say embrace death! Me when my number is called, I will happily end this ground hogs day. Until then.... The daily grind it is.

I obviously haven't learnt my final lesson yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I won't be able to attend my favorite bar, listen to my playlist, watch youtube videos, flirt with the neighbor, finish whatever book I was reading on my kindle, etc etc etc
You will, only it will be in a different way.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

.THAT is what im afraid of
Don't.

Because will not happen.

Because you are a good person.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I don't want tears of sorrow! I want tears of Joy and a kegger!
Those tears are meant to heal your soul wherever you shall be.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No im not afraid to die, because i think that if you die and you did good in your life you go to heaven, if you did bad you will go to hell and suffer for your own mistakes.
Thats why i try to live good , ive done bad things in my life, but i pray to God to forgive me for my bad discussions.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

When my soul passes I believe my soul and final lessons to be complete. I understand the tears don't get me wrong. But I was serious on not shedding those tears of sadness, instead my outlook on death is that it should be a day of joy. That I have completed that which I came here to do. And I officially re-obtained my wings that were chopped before I landed in this vessel......

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A man who is afraid of death, is a man who has never lived.

Truly LIVE in each day, and you will never fear death again.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

And I officially re-obtained my wings that were chopped before I landed in this vessel
Yes we have your wings which no one will ever take from you (arch....).

I just hope you will use them very carefully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join