It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you have any attathment to this world death can be quite a scary thought cause you would have to give up whatever your attatched to . If your the kinda person that mostly cares about material things like your car you're house your corner office then dying for you is gonna suck more then if you a more enlightened person who has few earthly attatchmets. But we all have our own mountains to climb and no ones perfect if your human your gonna have flaws if you don't have flaws your no longer human your something else.

I suggest to anyone to practice progressing yourself spiritually if you arent all ready
How hard is it for you to quite the voice inside your head and just sit in silence for 20 minutes.
It's not always an easy task some days I have no problems doing it and enjoy it and other days I feel like I almost can't handle quieting down and just listening.
The better spirtiual connection you establish now the better you'll be able to adjust when it's your time to move to the next world

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
to die, would be the greatest adventure!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

To unfortunately quote Robbie Williams

"i'm not scared of dying i just don't want to"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'd say that, within our lifetimes (no pun intended) you'll be able to extend your life indefinitely, should you have the cash.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Death itself? No.

But there are a lot of reasons why I fear dying as of now. I haven't found inner peace, I don't have all of my beliefs entirely figured out, and I don't want to hurt my loved ones by doing something as selfish as dying.

If I was alone in life, I wouldn't care one bit. I grew up feeling entirely alone, and I wanted to live it up till the very end, because I had nothing to lose.

But now that I have loved ones who care for me (for some reason
) I have to be a lot more careful in the way I live my life, and how often I risk death... because now, my life style affects more people than just me.

I am not afraid of dying.

I am, however, terrified of dying before I figure out and fulfill my purpose, and I want to have no regrets with my loved ones. What I fear the most is dying and my last thoughts being "I should have done more..."

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I used to be scared.
However I read somewhere this. No one gets out of life alive.
After pondering this I'm not so scared.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not afraid to die. In fact, I'm not even afraid of the process of death. All things must come to pass, or as that wonderful pre-Islamic Persian poet Omar Khayyam once said, "The worldly hope men set their hearts upon turn ashes", and that even those which prosper only last as long as snow in the desert, "like a little hour or two".

The good in us is everlasting. It can never die. The bad in us is merely mental and physical, and those pass, as they only exist in the material world. In the spiritual world, however, we return to the home we once knew, and start again the processes by which we learn from mistakes and failures through a cycle of birth and death.

Only until we shed these physical bodies can we know what is true: Absolute Truth, which we may call God, and is God, but is beyond words and description.

I'm not afraid to die, because I know this "I'm" which will die will remain, while what I truly am passes on to a much better place beyond time, space, and dimension. I enjoy life as a learning process and an experience, as a way to glorify God and help others with a bountiful, beautiful unconditional love, but I will not enjoy this life too much, because I know there is something better waiting for me.

When the day comes, and I give my last breath in exhale, I will smile and await my journey to the Kingdom, where there will be no more pain or suffering.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

If given the opportunity, would you choose to live forever?
I guess the answer to your question it is very simple.

Think of those who imagined them immortal or the empires they have builded.

Or those who imagined them to be above normal human beings powers,without faith, and the fate they have had.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

To unfortunately quote Robbie Williams

"i'm not scared of dying i just don't want to"

That means that he is afraid.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I am, however, terrified of dying before I figure out and fulfill my purpose, and I want to have no regrets with my loved ones. What I fear the most is dying and my last thoughts being "I should have done more..."
I guess that we always say that,positively or negatively,depending which road we are choosing to travel on.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

However I read somewhere this. No one gets out of life alive.
"When we are born we are alive,when we die ,we die alive...so alive we shall be forever."

piequal3because14

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I guess that we always say that,positively or negatively,depending which road we are choosing to travel on.

I think I fall under both categories. There are a lot of things I do that seem wickedly wrong, then a lot of others I find saint-like. The problem with me is that I haven't dedicated myself to one side or the other yet.

That's definitely not how I wanna die.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Indeed your time was not up,because you still have things to do for others to survive.

Because there it is not someone else to do those things except you.

Therefore you have an important mission in front of you that you must pay up with.

Even if the road seems hard ,do not worry in the end everything will be okay.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The problem with me is that I haven't dedicated myself to one side or the other yet.
Well there is still time to choose.

Therefore make your choices very carefully.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Are you afraid to die?

I suppose. I'm afraid of the unknown, and I don't know for certain what will happen when I die. I am afraid of pain, and that often precedes death. Because of those two things I am afraid to die.

I can say that I walked into an E.R. with a very bad asthma attack. They tried two machines on me and I had no detectable vitals, but I was still conscious, and up and moving. They wouldn't let me walk. They made me go in a wheel chair to a bed.

It took respiratory therapy 40 minutes to get their hineys down to the E.R. so that I could get meds that would fix it. In the mean time the nurses were freaking out.

There is a certain calm that comes over you. I was okay with dying. I was sad that I was upsetting people. I was a little irritated that they kept buzzing around me like bees, trying to put on a brave face and be encouraging, and then they would move off in two's and three's and whisper in corners "Where are they?!" "Look at how black her blood is..." (They ended up telling one of the nurse's she had to leave). And then back again with a smile and pretend everything is fine. I know they were trying not to freak me out. I was rather wishing they would just let me get on with it already with some dignity.

Because of that experience, I am less afraid to die now. I was pretty close. It wasn't so bad. But, because of the two things I mentioned I am still afraid.
edit on 23-4-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by simplyLOVE

"Like corn mortals ripen and fall, like corn they rise up again at the next season"
"For the corn is picked like flowers are ,one is the food the other has the beauty and the fragrance,but both are alive,live and die to be born again not the same but their seeds."

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Which information is most likely to ruin the plans of evildoers?
The info with which they try to feed the masses with.

I mean like here.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes! ARE you?
No.

I knew you were going to say that

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes! ARE you?
No.

I knew you were going to say that

I know you knew that I would say what you were saying.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join