It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legs blown off yet NO chair damage and salt pots, plastic cups still on table... Impossibility !!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

This was a very weak explosion only 3 dead. Lots of shrapnel but thats about it. Im going to take a stab in the dark and say the shell was made from thin steel or iron water pipe.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by Hefficide

I say impossible. You cant state that the explosion was powerfull enough to dismember people then say it was not powerfull enough to rip a foam chair or remove items from a table. We agree to disagree.

We agree that you don't know what the hell you're talking about and you have no experience in this subject. Video games don't count

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Anyone else noticing the same people in EVERY thread coming in to jump down the throat of anyone even remotely questioning anything to do with Boston? I'm not saying what I think anymore, it's not worth it when the same members are always there to make you out to be an idiot for having an independent thought!

It's because saying there was no explosion is beyond retarded.

It seems to be generally accepted that this blast would exit the pressure cooker lid which is the weakest part of the setup. As such any fragments were likely expelled within a 45-90 degree radius. As the force of the explosion was clearly towards the direction of the street from videos released, it is not surprising that most of the areas to the sides of the blast received no damage.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Secondly, for those who are suggesting that there were many injuries or lost limbs during blast 2 at the forum., which resulted in bodies taking the full impact....As you can see there are injuries, but its not mass carnage like suggested......Even the tree is untouched... It will be interesting when the injury list is published, to see how many were injured at the site of blast 2.

How can you tell the tree is untouched from the photos?

You can bail out of this at any time and save whatever dignity you might have left.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by Hawking
Apparently you're not real familiar with shrapnel

like the kind that could have tore up the cushions and taken out some of the legs of the chairs
hmmmm one would expect that it likely might if one was familliar with shrapnel

Yeah the kind of shrapnel that was partially blocked by the white barricade, then had to go through a crowd of people's legs at least three deep, then through another barricade before reaching the chairs. That is a lot of barriers for that shrapnel to get through. Take into account the dispersal pattern probably isn't going to be uniform to begin with given the nature of the device and it makes sense to me that not much shrapnel is going to get through.

Not to mention the pic is so far away you can't really make out that level of detail to begin with.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

maybe you should go to boston and ask the people who had there "legs blown off" as you so nicely put it, if they are really hurt or are they just kidding around,

nob

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The people closest to the bomb took the worst of it. I don't know much about explosives but I'm speculating its the shrapnel of nails and ball bearings with the velocity at which they flew and directions of each piece of shrapnel and parts of the pressure cooker impacting targets at random. That's why their flesh and clothing looked torn with jagged edges. The shrapnel flew faster than the speed of sound. People standing in front of he chairs might have shielded them.

Additionally, the bomb was placed low to the ground or on the ground, which is why it impacted mostly the lower extremities of people.

edit on 23-4-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

This must depend on how you define carnage.
Perhaps you can go visit the people who were injured, and lost limbs and tell them that it wasn't that bad after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

this is the same info that is on cluesforum and to be honest, if you want to scrutinise it, you can find many anomolies. The attitude at that forum is disgusting. Laughing and stating it is all BS when (I think) the most logical explanation is that images have been recreated and shown to the public..why? cos the images are too gruesome for mainstream news.

and yes I did see the image of a man that was incredibly similar to a famous movie director. And yes, some of the images it is very obvious that pics have been manipulated/edited.

it does not mean it did not happen.

wow.. people would be suspicious of a news event without any imagery... damned if you do, damned if you don't.

cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I agree Vasa! I also think that there was less damage to the chairs and tables and glasses etc remained upright because there were so many people crowded up around the railings which shielded everything further back.

I think that considering the event the restaurant was probably fully booked and no-one would have just been able to walk in and expect to get a table and that is why the bombers didn't even consider going into the restaurant, also surely a backpack left in a restaurant would have been spotted much more easily than one on a street filled with people milling around and pushing to get a better view of the runners as they approached the finish line!

As far as the chairs cushions go I would expect a piece of shrapnel could quite easily enter the fabric creating a hole but that hole would not necesarily remain, the fabric could close up again, as it does, and in any case the holes would not even be visible in the photo posted considering the distance between the camera and the chairs!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

1:There are many many people between the chairs in question, and the package highlighted in the photo.

2: The bomb was said to contain nails and ball bearings I believe. I could post about a million sources that verify my statement, but I'll pick one. This one for example.
When small projectiles are expelled at a high velocity, you get severage. Think of these bombs as being similar to very compacted shotguns. I'm sure you know that for example, if you were going to commit suicide with a shotgun, there would be damage akin to a small explosion in the face, rather than using a handgun which would make one entry and one exit, because a shotgun shell contains many small pellets, rather than one bullet.

3: You can't see from these photos, but I would put money on it, that if the tree and the chairs were examined close up, you would find evidence of impact with small projectiles.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Good morning fellow ATS`rs... The original OP is based on my perceptions based on photo evidence that I stick too totally. Personal attacks so far : Ive had my sanity brought into question, my level of dignity doubted, my empathy questioned and basically been told I "Dont know what the hell Im talking about"... None of you explosive or photographic experts have produced any evidence, but hey thats ok.....lets rip the OP instead, or state something that the original OP didnt say.

Just a wee reminder, the OP is based on Photographic evidence and my opinion views and conclusion based on the photographs....that is not going away.

The level of personal attacks without prompt from me has been what I expect from the usual suspects, a sad state of affairs but as I said that was expected.

I cant wait for the official figures regarding injuries at the second bomb site, I am not going away.

Respects to you all.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Hi UnknownEntity

What I find interesting in the photograph of the guy in the wheelchair in Boston is the length of the leg from hip to knee!

This thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ps. I am not voicing an opinion on what happened, I am just trying to look at the event from all angles!
edit on 23/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by bkaust
Anyone else noticing the same people in EVERY thread coming in to jump down the throat of anyone even remotely questioning anything to do with Boston? I'm not saying what I think anymore, it's not worth it when the same members are always there to make you out to be an idiot for having an independent thought!

It's because saying there was no explosion is beyond retarded.

It seems to be generally accepted that this blast would exit the pressure cooker lid which is the weakest part of the setup. As such any fragments were likely expelled within a 45-90 degree radius. As the force of the explosion was clearly towards the direction of the street from videos released, it is not surprising that most of the areas to the sides of the blast received no damage.

Please point out to me where I said there was no explosion.....thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Look, I don't want to get involved in your whole argument with others, but what exactly are you implying then?

You won't answer questions being put to you, you skirt around them, and then accuse others of attacking you. It's very difficult to form a dialogue with you where you either brush off their questions or accuse them of personally attacking you.

We are having trouble understanding what you think happened to these peoples legs and feet, if you don't think this bomb was big/powerful/delete as necessary to cause damage behind the blockage of people between the bomb and the chairs...

Thats all.

If you claim that there is something untoward, the burden of proof lies with you, and we're asking you to clarify and substantiate any claims you might be making. That's hardly an attack. Thats how a debate and dialogue works.

link   

Originally posted by captiva

Originally posted by Hawking
Apparently you're not real familiar with shrapnel

Is shrapnel able to choose what it hits? no... your argument is illogical.

I don't see evidence of any shrapnel.

The freaking windows are in perfect condition.

What did they replace all the windows within 5 minutes?

link   
reply to post by captiva

OP I am going to try that again and I am being as civil as I possibly can but you created this thread and we are all members here who can all contribute and ask questions.

I am only questioning the event like you are and I only seek clarity on your views which you have so far avoided.

So my questions
1. Do you believe there were explosions at the Boston Marathon last week caused by concealed bombs in pack backs? (I am assuming the answer was yes but that you believe it was not powerful enough to take off limbs)
2. If you believe there was not an explosion or an explosion not powerful enough to remove limbs then how do you explain the number of causalities and deaths at the blast site?
3. Could you please explicitly spell out what you believe to be the significance of the undamaged chairs and tables you point out in your OP?

To be clear I am not playing games as you have continuously accused me of doing all I am doing is seeking out some clarity on what you think actually happened so we (by that all members) can discuss this further. If you feel that you have already answer these questions than it would appear you have not made things clear enough as such it would be appreciated if you would provide clear answers.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by captiva

Small Flash/bang explosion that didnt damage surrounding area, nor remove items from a table

As someone has already stated I am pretty confident that the victims would disagree with you on that and show you their absent limbs as proof.

Again I ask,

OP do you believe that there were explosions as the Boston marathon last week.

lol.. maybe an explosion like this:

or this,

maybe this,

your question is absurd as asking if someone they believed there was "A" shot fired the day JFK was assassinated.
the video's I posted above clearly show stunt explosions for entertainment almost mimicking the boston marathon bomb (if you can call it that) in size.
this is a real terrorist bomb notice the difference:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

I appreciate the point you're trying to make, and trying to help this discussion along.
But as your videos have just shown, there are many types of explosions... BUT... they are not exclusive to one type of user.
Depending on the effect you are going for, you are going to use different explosives. And Im sure being too close to a very small scale explosion can still result in limb loss.

Just because your video shows a terrorist explosion, doesn't mean all terrorist explosions follow a set design and purpose, that's all I mean.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

precisely, so what explosives were used.
how was the bomb packed, after all how the bomb is packed determines how the bomb disperses.
what grade were the explosives, clearly if the explosives were of high enough grade as i have shown they would have been more than a stunt and less than a car bomb, but what we see is something that resembles a disney world bomb that maimed alot of people.HOW.
what i am seeing in this thread is a whole lot of people that know nothing about bomb making explosives or the like.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join