It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legs blown off yet NO chair damage and salt pots, plastic cups still on table... Impossibility !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The 2nd blast outside "The Forum" during the Boston Marathon, 1 of 2 blasts resulting in 3 deaths and 14 leg amputations did not damage any of the foam chairs, the legs of the chairs, and there are still salt and pepper jars and a plastic cup on the table........ Surely an explosion that ripped through leg tissue would have ripped through cushion foam on chairs, I think so....

edit on 22-4-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Surely an explosion that ripped through leg tissue would have ripped through cushion foam on chairs, I think so
Yes, but in this case it didn't, maybe cause real people standing around the bomb took the worst.

Are you implying there was no explosion or what is your point

edit on 22-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

Surely an explosion that ripped through leg tissue would have ripped through cushion foam on chairs, I think so
Yes, but in this case it didn't, maybe cause real people standing around the bomb took the worst.

Are you implying there was no explosion or what is your point

I am implying there is no evidence of an explosion that would merit severed limbs as viewed by the evidence..no damage to tables, chair legs, chair foam and items still on the tables.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Apparently you're not real familiar with shrapnel

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Apparently you're not real familiar with shrapnel

Is shrapnel able to choose what it hits? no... your argument is illogical.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I really don’t get it OP, are you saying there wasn’t an explosion or are you just saying look at the nice chairs that didn’t get hit by the blast because that’s what I am hearing form your OP

I am sure that the people who had their legs blown off would tell you that yes there was an explosion.

Serious question the OP, do you believe that there was a explosion last week in Boston at the marathon?
edit on 22-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm sure the people that were actually at the Marathon, unlike you, who were impacted by the shrapnel\explosion will feel much better now that you have determined it was fake.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No evidence except for... people with no more leg/s. Such an alarming trend I've seen lately, nothing is face value anymore.

There was an episode of Mythbusters in which they were blowing stuff up and using other items as cover. If I could remember the episode, it basically showed that even a little bit of cover can save something directly behind it.( I believe it was based on the shock wave.) Most of the damage from what I've seen has been due to shrapnel and not the explosion.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I really don’t get it OP, are you saying there wasn’t an explosion or are you just saying look at the nice chairs that didn’t get hit by the blast because that’s what I am hearing form your OP

If you read the second comment on the thread you will see what Im saying. Its always valuable to read the whole thread before commenting.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I am implying there is no evidence of an explosion that would merit severed limbs as viewed by the evidence..no damage to tables, chair legs, chair foam and items still on the tables.
What about the severed limbs, are they not evidence

Or maybe this video that actually show the explosion's.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My 2 cents but the blast was positioned to go off towards the gate and not behind it. The backpack was sitting in front of the pictures you have shown. The bomb only hit those in front because the pressure cooker's lid would have blown first.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Yeah I did read it and I still don’t get what you’re saying, the chairs appear to be intact, big deal

What are you trying to imply.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
All conjecture...the evidence is in the pics. Small Flash/bang explosion that didnt damage surrounding area, nor remove items from a table. The big defence yesterday was the vacuum caused by an explosion that managed to suck all the glass from a window...adding that to the evidence, surely the salt and pepper dishes, light plastic cup would have been moved..... yes, I think so.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Please dont put your words in my mouth...read the thread...thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Small Flash/bang explosion that didnt damage surrounding area, nor remove items from a table

As someone has already stated I am pretty confident that the victims would disagree with you on that and show you their absent limbs as proof.

Again I ask,

OP do you believe that there were explosions as the Boston marathon last week.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The key statement you have made twice is "I think". And that is fair and appropriate. But explosions are very complex events and there are entire sciences dedicated to understanding and seeking to control them. A pressure cooker would act as a shaped charge, funnelling energy unevenly. The streets were flooded with onlookers who would have absorbed most of the debris and energy from the blast.

To say that chairs, standing in that area, is "impossible" is simply incorrect. The best you might argue is "improbable" or "unlikely"

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I say impossible. You cant state that the explosion was powerfull enough to dismember people then say it was not powerfull enough to rip a foam chair or remove items from a table. We agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Youve just quoted my answer to your question in the post in which you asked the question...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Then how about you humour me

Do you believe that at the Boston Marathon last week there were 2 explosions originating from bombs placed at the scene contained in backpacks?

A simple yes or no will suffice

I only ask so I can ascertain your views on this as it will make it easier to discuss.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Surely an explosion that ripped through leg tissue would have ripped through cushion foam on chairs, I think so....

I realize that bag in this picture did not turn out to be the bomb, but I post this to point out the crowd in the area in front of the Forum that "took one for the team" of chair cushions.

Also, most people don't stand behind their chairs when they get up to cheer on runners. This is most likely why the chair cushions got off relatively unscathed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join