It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papers Please..Pictures from Bostons takeover by the Governm...uh..Police..that's the ticket

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So many of those images are misleading without knowing the ACTUAL situation. It seems like everyone is just speculating the same idea because the situation just looks 'scary' and 'threatening' Some of the replies in this thread are downright ridiculous.

I guess the way it should have gone down was for local Law Enforcement ONLY, to take care of this, allow all citizens of Watertown to go about their business and just check their Twitter accounts to see the latest on the suspects updates as to whether or not they have been captured.

ATTENTION CITIZENS OF WATERTOWN: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THERE ARE TWO TERRORISTS RUNNING THE STREETS WITH LOADED WEAPONS AND BOMBS. DO NOT PANIC. WE WILL GET THEM. IN THE MEANTIME PLEASE KEEP UP TO DATE ON OUR FACEBOOK FOR ANY UPDATES. THANK YOU,
WATERTOWN P.D.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What frightens me more than these photos, are the people who defend it and justify it. I've read/heard some people saying the following:

"It was a necessary evil, to catch the bad guys"
"I didn't mind it so much. All they wanted to do was look around"
"If you're not doing anything wrong, then what's the big deal?"
"They were trying to protect us"
"They were terrorists! What did you want them to do!?"

Now let's look at this with a different perspective:

I lived near Oakland California for nearly 15 years of my life and I can guarantee you I have seen/heard a lot of crime taking place over those years. Groups of armed gangs running the streets, robberies involving someone being shot and killed, and a police chase with someone hiding out in a neighborhood....

Never once, did I see hoards of military or police marching down the streets, driving mini tanks, descending upon people's yards and insisting that everyone come out with their hands up and submit to house to house searches. There were dangerous people too, just as dangerous as someone capable of unleashing bombs on a city. Drugged out people, armed robbers, you name it.

This whole shebang they pulled off with ordering innocent people out their homes for warrant-less searches is the wave of the future. Why? Because people submitted to it free and clear. This is only the start.

I will say this though, time to get your rear end out of the city because it is going to get worse. I was talking with friends the other day who explained to me that after 9/11 they saw a huge boom in people migrating up north like never before. Buying up land and houses. There was a lull between 2007 - 2012, but after Obama's re-election, the boom has started up again. It's very interesting to see all the people trying to escape the city.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
It scares me that if that happened at my house my(usually adorable)German Shepherd would go into territiory mode,and would most likley end up getting shot by cops.
The whole thing seems a quite a way above OTT from my UK perspective.

The other thing I find bizarre is that you guys have a major problem with Cartels,Los Zetas,MS-13 and other such murderous organisations all over the USA,and there are it seems,no such operations to get them.
How many do they kill through drugs and murders?

Its a wonder the whole USA isn't in Boston lockdown mode already...

Now imagen what would have happened if the suspect flees in a neighbourhood where those 'organizations like ms-13 have their hideout.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Were they doing backyard checks?
edit on 23-4-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

edit on 23-4-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

No but they can microchip everyone by force if need be.

Takes a 1000 cops to curtailed the activities of two young men in Boston. This would of opened up the government eyes to the fulility of a plan to use force to chip a population against its will. Lets say 1/5 population fight back and are armed, thats about 10-15 million people. So i hope the handles of humanity have about 15 billion cops on hand who can worka 24/7 shift.
edit on 23-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
It scares me that if that happened at my house my(usually adorable)German Shepherd would go into territiory mode,and would most likley end up getting shot by cops.
The whole thing seems a quite a way above OTT from my UK perspective.

The other thing I find bizarre is that you guys have a major problem with Cartels,Los Zetas,MS-13 and other such murderous organisations all over the USA,and there are it seems,no such operations to get them.
How many do they kill through drugs and murders?

Its a wonder the whole USA isn't in Boston lockdown mode already...

Yes, if your dog was to bark at them in a threatening way they would shoot it to death a couple of times and then a few more times for good measure.

If you had a kid with hyperactivity issues and he ran out on the street because you could not contain him and he was freaking out with all the commotion they would not hesitate to shoot him a couple of times and maybe pepper spray him for good measure whilst he lays there slipping away.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A lot of those cops couldn't pass a basic fitness test. They also don't even come close to establishing a perimeter, or establishing security. Neither for themselves or for the civilians involved. They treat every risk factor on a "house to house" basis, with limited security down the line. Basically they get all huffy over 1 house, neglecting their perimeter, then they "reset" and move to the next. "Exposed" and "Incompetence" are two words that don't even begin to describe it...

In other words, they're pretty bad, and to me it suggests their goal was to drill a martial law scenario, way more so than it was to capture a suspect, or "keep the community safe".

Also, they gave out an order or "strong recommendation" that all businesses remain closed until further notice.. but authorities requested "Dunkin Donuts" remain open for authorities and Dunkin Donuts obliged, being virtually the only "business" open for service. I # you not, you cannot make this stuff up.

These people are not ready for a "takeover" scenario, it is all show and intimidation. Appear weak when you are strong and appear strong when you are weak. They could not hold this show of force for more than 48 hours before breaking the illusion. 24hr Drill "reactionary" force and nothing more. That is all they are good for, PR force.
edit on 23-4-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

how many Marathons are run on a weekday? I had a feeling there was about a 2 day lag with the news due to the nature of the event. But that is just my opinion. cheers

would also explain the critism with the media images.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind
reply to post by esdad71

So where were all the "patriots" that have claimed they would rebel against such actions like this from the government?

All talk....no walk.

Oh yea tough guy! What would you have done in that situation!. Lets not look down on these people based on these pictures. Its not like they were dressed in their tactical clothing, holed up in their houses. Half of those people didn't even have shoes on! I guarantee you, that half the people that say they will resist that kind treatment, WONT.

Although I'm not proud of it. I've done this to people in Afghanistan. And let me tell you, There is just something so terrifying about 4 or 5 men dressed in full battle gear with a fully loaded rifle pointing at you searching your home and your belongings. What would any of us do if we were in their situation? Nothing, because there is nothing you could do.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Ok...look...SOME of the blame has to go to idiots like this guy....

I mean, c'mon! You know they are looking for a guy with a cap and backpack, the city is on lockdown, tanks in the streets, and you decide to go for a stroll like THIS!!! He's lucky he wasn't thrown to the ground and beaten to a pulp just for being a moron....

some folks will just do anything for attention....
edit on 23-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

This guy knew he would be in the paper. Glory hounds....Sad. As far as standing up. This is not Afghanistan but I see your point and are correct, when it comes down to it, those who bark usually have no bite. However, I have the right to question anyone who wants to search my house no matter WTF is going on. What scares me, is answering the door armed( I mean there are armed terrorists in the streets...where are the patriots can be asked also) would have gotten you shot with no questions asked. If there were terrorist on the loose where I live, I would have all of my weapons loaded and ready to go. We saw NONE of that.

I would simply be defending my property. They shut down BOSTON and I have yet to see one picture of an armed citizen. That to me alone is very, very scary....
edit on 23-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
NO, JUST NO!!

We haven't heard the stories yet, someone said something!
They had to of, I'd went the hell off!

Seen me looking like Rodney King out there.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well for the most part you are right about it and I agree. But during that process of happenings I thought about a thread I read just a couple of hours before the bombings in Boston. Its this thread:

News is bad for you – and giving up reading it will make you happier

Now im not claiming people didn't get the news, but some easily could have missed it right. Being fed up of all the bad news, just did not turn on the net or tv and turned of phone in the morning to just relax and enjoy the day. You could have caught me like that on certain days. But if you knew, well dont go out looking like a suspect would be logical.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Are you sure those pictures are not from North Korea? wow....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Diggz

Oh yea tough guy! What would you have done in that situation!

I would have cooperated with the officers to make their job a little easier.

But then again...I'm not the one on the internet claiming that they would never have their "rights" taken away in a "police state" like that. I'm sure there were 1 or 2 blowhards in that town that likes to talk tough and then did absolutely nothing.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

'nuff said...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
What I find more disturbing is that this much military personnel and police couldn't find the suspect hiding in someone's backyard.

Actually they already knew he was hiding in the street, just not where exactly. I am surprised that a helicopter with heat imaging couldn't find him when everyone was inside on lockdown.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by esdad71

Ok...look...SOME of the blame has to go to idiots like this guy....

I mean, c'mon! You know they are looking for a guy with a cap and backpack, the city is on lockdown, tanks in the streets, and you decide to go for a stroll like THIS!!! He's lucky he wasn't thrown to the ground and beaten to a pulp just for being a moron....

some folks will just do anything for attention....
edit on 23-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

!!!!!. Was there anyone in Boston who didn't know a RED cap wasn't worn within hours of the bombing?

But lets extrapolate. A human caused the bombings. Up until they had identified the culprits on video wouldn't all humans on the street have been suspect?

I think your over reacting to someone doing everyday activity.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Sorry, that guy is an idiot...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join