It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequestration Airlines now arriving...quite late.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh this is a dandy story to find as we start gearing up for what will surely be a long, hot summer. Yes, I did a thread myself on the plan to shutter 149 Airport control towers (small airports, like municipal class) as well as the furlough of FAA controllers as a direct result of sequestration. Sometimes..I really hate being right.

Work furloughs involving air traffic controllers caused headaches around the nation for passengers Sunday.

Flights were delayed in many large hubs — up to three hours for some passengers.

Ouch.. 3 hours? Just what our nation and airlines needed. TSA turns most people off right out the gate, but then it's waiting for hours more on ..political games and nonsense out of both sides in Washington as the reason a plane can't run on time?

The FAA released a statement Sunday regarding the delays. “Relatively good weather throughout the country and light traffic helped minimize air traffic delays. The FAA will be working with the airlines and using a comprehensive set of air traffic management tools to minimize the delay impacts of lower staffing as we move into the busy summer travel season.”
Source

Well I know I sure feel better with their words of encouragement. Similar words were spoken months ago about how it wouldn't come to this in the first place. So much for THOSE assurances. Why would we take these to have more meaning now?

This is going to be a very long summer, I'm thinking.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Source link issues

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

privatize the control towers and let the airlines flip the bill for it...we cry about government workers getting paid to much...eventually just like the federal prisons and just like our military we will have contractors eating a portion of that pie...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Funny how Sequestration didn't stop Obama's glamorous, celebrity party lifestyle.

Rather than cut any fat from the unbridled, bloated government budget, Obama and his sort want you to feel the pain.

Its a lie of course, to train folks into believing that's all government does, and if any spending is reigned in your kids will starve. Its plain fascism.

edit on 22-4-2013 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wasn't there a memo floating around from Obama wanting to "Make it hurt!" meaning do as much damage as you can with the sequestration cuts?

Thought so. . .

Linkums

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, it would appear to be hitting as hard and painfully as possible. For under 100 billion in cuts, they made every last cut draw blood, didn't they? Talk about a gut punch to Americans...and folks should never forget who thought this crap up and then signed it into law. Oh, Congress should have stopped it and it was meant to be the motivation, no question ....but Congress didn't invent this concept and they didn't sign the cuts into effect with the force of law.

Looooooong hot summer. Yes, it'll be a bad one I'm thinking. Real bad, perhaps. This is only the first signs and it's not even into May yet.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Its working.

Sad.

top topics

join