It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-death experience is not a figment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

You're in a deamscape, and its all about Infinite Numbers of Infinitely Sized Consciousness (we're all infinite parts of infinity) growing and progressing. We're in different grades and different understandings, and thoughts create.

When you pass over, you are greeted by something that generally fits in with what you believe to some extent, and gradually your soul memories come back, or quickly depending on the awareness of the soul.

This is one of many lifetimes for most people. Earth is a matrix, and even in hotel earth, we're in separate rooms. Why would you pressume we all heal up and recover in the same way. We don't even experience the same paradigms here always.

Many think they're in a concrete reality, constructed of little marbles and somehow accidentally gained life in this strange platform that exploded out of the big bang mysteriously and accidentally.

There are no marbles, there are no spoons. Its like a simulated digital reality school, a dream lab, the never ending story. A movie you enter into, without memories temporarily, to see what your made of.

Everything is ultimately a thoughtscape and consciousness creates the next step and the frequency or level of floor, grade, one is in when we pass over. That is why TPTB are so determined to control and program consciousness, that is how they create slaves and soul traps. Which cancel cancel I am saying as a possibility only, and refuse to entrench this as a reality and refuse to co-create something negative. We all are waking up and progressing, healing, growing in awareness and will be freed from this world/system.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I won't address much of what you believe to be the truth in this matter other than your opinion that the afterlife for some reason caters to the religious delusions of humans when they die.

If you're already dead and in the afterlife it doesn't make much sense for the afterlife to keep you believing in whatever incorrect notions you got about it during your interim on this planet, does it?

So when atheists who don't hold other spiritual beliefs die they go to the afterlife, but only imagine they cease to exist and the afterlife lets them do this?

Sure if you want to believe in the reality of NDE reports that show these regional differences you have to sort it out logically somehow and that's one method. I'm just not buying it. No reason at all to keep some delusion going if you're already at the afterlife destination, IMO.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Actually, its called waking up. I've never agreed with any religion or spiritual belief yet presented, or even some I admired alot and had long conversations with, but we had to agree to disagree on many things. There are elements if you use discernment, that are Loving, Kind and Free the mind in spiritual beliefs including religions and then there are boxes and traps.

Since childhood I've been aware, striving to question why I'm here, what this is about, and had all sides from religion to athiesm in the family. Also have been aware of the more than "coincidences" since early childhood as well and had family sightings, and more since around 4.

Discernment means touching your own soul stone, your own sense of LOVE, and not deviating from it for to believe in half or more of the stuff here on earth, such as for example, a smiting god who encourages murder and infanticide to keep a race pure, is to switch the white hat to the dark hat, and your god changes (which is what TPTB intended to do when they smashed all the mythology and writings together in one book. They literally are trying to get people to go past their own soul knowledge and change allegiance).

Aside from direct experiences and searching, knocking on the door, as that occurs with right intent, steps get added, doors open. And more info is given, which in turn leads to more experiences, including Higher Self ones.

I don't agree with anyone 100%. For I know where I came from, not remembering the name of the place, but knowing it was Love and Equality, we never argued, it was telepathic and everyone cared about others, and were with family. And we didn't have to use the washroom which is something my mother and I have disliked as primitive and gross, all our lives. I have the window open and recognize people, again, not names, but soul/spirit, know they're Family, or from my Soul Group, know them; in Source, and light up inside with joy and recognition. When this happens its worth more than 1000X more than any program on earth, any religion. It's Priceless!

As for what kind of universe we live in, there are many theories and different scientists, even findings that allude to different things. My experiences fit into something different.

www.dailygalaxy.com...
Are We Living in a Hologram?

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

If someone is geniunely searching for answers, and not buying the mainstream models and fossil fuel slave world we live in, all they need to do is start a journal and take some notes, and practice:

---meditation. Asking questions then going zenmind.

---Before sleep. Asking questions then going zenmind.

---In nature or sungazing (catching the sun out of the corners of your eye). Asking question then going zenmind.

---Emptying your mind, seeking to deprogram, asking Good/Love/God above to take away what is blinding you and making you deaf (Matthew 13) and helping you heal, and helping others.

---My friend TMA (The Magicians Apprentice) gave a very good technique for dreams. To increase awareness and eventually Lucid Dream, to remember dreams. You don't open your eyes when you wake up, but keep them closed, search for all your dream that you can recall for about 5 minutes or more. Light starts the memory blocking process. You go so much deeper in recall that way. And then you become more lucid in your dreams.

Now this stage I haven't reached, but due to that process was able to bust numerous dreams where an agent was in them, like inception, and realized they're using technology to program peoples dreams, the ultimate mind trap is being done here on earth. All those sattelites must be being put to their use. I had one about Bush Jr. telling my son that he was his son, and that he had to obey him and work for him. And I was in a groomed dress, looked old fashioned, and was telling my son to listen to his father. I woke up LIVID and knew this was not a good thing. Inception! I'd be kicking butt if anyone pulled anything off like that.

After 3 or so inception dreams, I realized the purpose of Lucid Dreaming is to, once aware. JUMP! Get out of here, and start to learn what you're supposed to be learning for your mission here, or your lessons, however you want to see earth school.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

so islam near death
experience would
mean they get to
be with 36 virgins.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
reply to post by Avoiceinthewilderness

The problem I have with your NDE story and many others is the mention of a "heaven". Heaven heavily implies that only western Christian religious beliefs are valid.

Its my opinion that if there is any truth at all to the spiritual side of existence is that it would be far more universal and inclusive rather than just a subset of humanity knowing the truth of the matter.

Since NDE reports vary so widely by regional cultural influences it does brings the validity of them into question. I can't say I know the truth of the matter more than anybody else and I may very well be wrong, but regional differences in NDE reports do affect their credibility, IMO.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the word "heaven." Heaven is not associated only with Christianity, first of all. Here is chart comparing many world religions that I think it is pretty interesting: www.religionfacts.com... Secondly, I think NDEs often use it because it the best word we have in our vocabulary to describe the experience. Heaven, paradise, afterlife, utopia... we are so limited in the words we have to describe something that is (according to NDEers) profoundly beyond words.

In my readings, I would argue that NDEers most definitely express a very inclusive view of the afterlife. NDEs do not vary as widely as you seem to suspect based on cultural differences. That is one of the aspects that is so compelling about NDEs, how universal the experiences are.

Near-death experiences and the reports of a consciousness of life after death have been provided by members of Buddhist, Hindu, Islam, Jewish, Christian, and Mormon religions, among others. Agnostics and atheists also have reported near-death experiences even with their predisposed lack of belief in anything greater than personal self and this life.

near-death.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Its not just the word Heaven though. There are a lot of NDE reports of people seeing Jesus Christ himself. I've also read of Hindu NDEs where they meet Krishna.

Regional religious differences cloud the validity of most of what I read concerning near death experience reports. That type of thing will always leave me skeptical of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Show me an intelligence greater than that of Homo Sapien and I will gladly embrace its existence, but only a fool would believe in the existence of such intelligence without proof. By the way, neanderthals were more intelligent than modern humans, their brains were roughly 100 CC's larger than ours. They also had a better developed sense of vision and smell.

I understand I'm attacking your core beliefs in suggesting that your psychedelic religious experiences were the product of your own mind, but at least consider that what I'm suggesting has been researched and has some backing while your argument is backed by nothing but superstition and well-wishing.

By the way, if the gods don't care about the current genocide in the Congo, then they sure as hell don't care about your internet grudges, but have fun exerting mental energy wishing misfortune on people who you don't agree with.
edit on 25-4-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

How can the infinite grow? Cut the baseless new-age crap, it's becoming more obnoxious than the armchair preachers who copy and paste scripture everywhere. Nobody knows why life exists, let alone why we exist, so stop pretending that you have it all figured out. We exist, the only two things entitled to us in life are failure and death. Failure can be contested, death cannot.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Your opening line was "Show me..."
The next sentence verbatim is this "By the way, neanderthals were more intelligent than modern humans, their brains were roughly 100 CC's larger than ours. They also had a better developed sense of vision and smell."

SHOW ME the brain of a neanderthal compared to the brain of modern humans.
Show me by proof that they had better smell and vision.
Otherwise your leap of faith that they are superior in intelligence, smell and sight is without any more evidence that my God.

However, You will have a NDE some day, by your own admission,
and at that instant will exercize the power of free will like you
have never experienced before.

Just hope pride does not ruin it for you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

You talk about others making statements, and yet you make your own. Mine are from nonstop searching with memories. I remember from the age of 2, after asking where I came from, beaming into the womb like a shooting star, still feeling like me, the you is the same you that you discover in zenmind meditation. Also, ex Catholic here, not new age, with my own experiences since childhood. I remember past lives, and have had the veil lift and know so many people here, even knew someone was off target, not doing the work he was supposed in his life.

Every moment of your life, exists as a snapshot, for infinity, and then a change occurs, so each nano second before change is like a snapshot. Change and even growth occurs often. The actual experience of growing is more akin to becoming more of yourself. Any way of expressing it with human terms as a tiny portion of self, is going to be short, for we have limited sized cpu's here, however, metaphorically speaking, if your soul is a huge infinite diamond, parts of it can be very clear and others have more imperfections. Souls are always trying to perfect and love.

And the Teleos purpose, or the escaton, instead of being pushed from behind, ie evolution, there is no time, but Higher Ups, Beyond the confines of our universe school, pull from ahead, all events, and growth events, and have a plan. Its akin to a computer program with Designers/Programmers and an overall plan for growth, within certain criteria for recovery from falls. So all things are programmed to progress. And souls upgrade as well from one thing to another.

You don't have to share my beliefs/understandings, but searching for answers within is the start of a good journey, to see through all the corruption in the programming of the world, or even to work on self realizing the world is reflecting imperfections in souls. Athiests move on as well.

However will keep on sharing mine. Because in a world with so much darkness and so many boxes, is a good thing people who have out of the box experiences and different views share their convictions and experiences, it makes for cracks in the box.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I understand I'm attacking your core beliefs in suggesting that your psychedelic religious experiences were the product of your own mind, but at least consider that what I'm suggesting has been researched and has some backing while your argument is backed by nothing but superstition and well-wishing.

You are not attacking my 'Core Beliefs'. I hope you understand that.

I have taken mood altering substances and sought and achieved chemically induced altered states of consciousness both via meditation and orally ingested chemicals. Additionally have an inate knowledge of the fact that there is a definite and undescribable connection between physical body and spiritual soul.

Existing in the spiritual realm is real and difficult to describe because we have no words for it in normal language.

If you have ever had a perception that you knew was true without having any proof in the scientific definition, then that part of you that knew is how I know that I had as part of my NDE an OBE and conversation with Beings of Light.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

We know the brain size of neanderthals from studying their brain endocast, and we know they had a better developed sense of vision, again, from studying brain endocasts in neanderthal skulls. Guess how we know that they had a better sense of smell? We looked at their skulls, an observed that they had much larger nasal cavities than we do, as well more bones in their noses which are akin to animals with a strong sense of smell.

We also know that they saw differently from humans from observing their cave paintings from 40,000 years ago, which far surpassed ours in artistic ability. What took us tens of thousands of years to understand came naturally to them. They also buried their dead with flowers and bred with Homo Sapiens, as we have a small percentage of neanderthal DNA.

You can google all of this information, it's pretty fascinating stuff.

I have no doubt that tripping balls before dying will be an interesting experience, but I'm not naive enough to mistake an NDE for a genuine experience. The thing with ignorance is that you can overcome it if you choose to look for answers.
edit on 26-4-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Perhaps you're right, and perhaps there is just nothingness. We'll find out when we get there.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Show me an intelligence greater than that of Homo Sapien and I will gladly embrace its existence, but only a fool would believe in the existence of such intelligence without proof. By the way, neanderthals were more intelligent than modern humans, their brains were roughly 100 CC's larger than ours. They also had a better developed sense of vision and smell.

Only a FOOL would believe in the existence of such intelligence without proof.

So that you are not a FOOL, show me the proof that neanderthal was superior in intelligence, smell and sight than modern homo sapiens. Though you gladly embrace the neanderthal man.

Maybe the 100CC greater in size was similar to the first and second generation computers. Some of those computers were as big as a room. Now they fit into a hand held calculator.

Prove to me that larger is better and more intelligent, both in your words and actions. Return to the 286 and 386 computer systems. LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Only a FOOL would believe in the existence of such intelligence without proof.

So that you are not a FOOL, show me the proof that neanderthal was superior in intelligence, smell and sight than modern homo sapiens. Though you gladly embrace the neanderthal man.

Maybe the 100CC greater in size was similar to the first and second generation computers. Some of those computers were as big as a room. Now they fit into a hand held calculator.

Prove to me that larger is better and more intelligent, both in your words and actions. Return to the 286 and 386 computer systems. LOL

As someone with a graduate degree in biological anthropology, I can't help but weigh in on this issue. Please, I never ever get to use my useless degree! Haha! Anyway, the idea that cranial capacity is linked to intelligence is controversial, at best. Most current anthropologists do NOT believe a high cc is necessarily indicative of intelligence.

There are other indicators that neanderthals had intelligence, but zero indication that their intelligence exceeded that of modern homo sapiens... in fact, their more primitive tools would suggest quite the opposite. Also, keep in mind that the neanderthals were larger and more robust than their contemporary homo species... a larger cc could be, in part, related to their overall larger size.

They are a fascinating bunch, though, and the implications of those burials is another interesting point of debate. Some think it is a sign of religious beliefs, but many think it was more practical. Many have even argued those flowers on top of the burial were just a random juxtaposition and not placed in a meaningful way. In all honestly, we tend to romanticize neanderthals more than we should.

I will admit, I found paleoanthropology to be pretty interesting but also alarming... theories were constantly changing. Respected scientists would be adamant about their ideas, only to be proven wrong years later. Their willingness to just make up stories and fill in the blanks with things that "sounded right" - or even just "wishful thinking - was staggering. The very thing that believers are accused of, those in the science community (especially this particular field of science) can be just as guilty!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You can google all of this information, it's pretty fascinating stuff.

I have no doubt that tripping balls before dying will be an interesting experience, but I'm not naive enough to mistake an NDE for a genuine experience.

The thing with ignorance is that you can overcome it if you choose to look for answers.
edit on 26-4-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

I cognize that the greater ignorance is to
believe everything you read on the internet.
Their nasal cavaties has more bones and
were bigger because these species ran
everywhere they went.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

People sure are funny ..words like "figment" and "real" ... seriously a figment of What ?

What is Real ? What is Reality ?

Ask the proper questions first if you want an answer .

We are nothing But Energy .

There is Nothing But Energy

That body of yours is nothing but Energy .

It is fluctuating in and out of what we call "reality" at a furious rate ...

The Perceptions you have are part of this vast field of Energy .

Our Consciousness as we call it is part of this field of Energy .

Those Drugs in that Brain in that Body ARE JUST ENERGY .!

The Imagination the Dreams All just part of that vast Field of Energy .

The fact that we can perceive a state of individuality is the real interesting aspect .

We should be debating how that is even possible ..

"Real" there is a word for you ...LMAO

Here is what I experienced the day I died ...

www.nderf.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Thank you for the link.
I read your NDE.

I, like you had 360 degree vision.
I also say the atmosphere like it
was clear shampoo with bubbles in it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The becoming a sphere of light and having 360 degree awareness is not at all uncommon .

Generally the experience is somewhat tailored by the individual as to their beliefs and expectations as well as their need to experience certain things ,,

This is not to say some are more advanced than other entities but just at different stages of growth .

I had an experience a long long time ago of a shapeless entity in a void of darkness ...

But I experienced that and im done with it ...

Let those who wish to experience next to nothingness of the abyss to do so .

We all have or will at some point .

We are eternal beings Consciousness is the primary motivating force of this universe

And Science is beginning to accept this basic truth .

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
I'm not sure if this is related to the subject but when i was really sick one time. I was laying down and it was bright and sunny in my house and when I closed my eyes for like 5 seconds i opened them and my whole room was blue. ANd when i say blue I mean blue! I couldn't see outside it because it was blue and white mixed. I dunno but i couldn't move to directly see out my window next to my bed. I started to panic and I closed my eyes and when i opened them everything was normal.
weird...

OMG Casualboy100, I had the very same thing happen to me.

Accept your blue was my red.

Darryl Forests

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join