It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone not Vote?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Well let me give you one.... I stayed home. I chose not to vote because I didn't believe that any of the candidates were worthy of the Presidency of the United States. Its pretty simple. I know people say I should have voted for the lesser of the evils. I don't believe in settling for second best, especially when it comes to those who have the power to control my life and the lives of my children. Actually, I have decided to not vote until they add the choice "none of the above" to the ballots or until there is a candidate I feel is trustworthy, not seeking his own interests, and makes his decisions based on what is best for the individuals in this country, does not make decisions based on the interests of big business, and most importantly a candidate who is not under the influence of others. Since it is not likely, in our current system, that we will ever see anyone with these qualities, it isn't likely that I will ever vote again. And considering the fraud in our current system and the deplorable state of our government, I am honestly surprised that even 60% of the poulation turned out to vote. That is not to say anyone else shouldn't vote and try to make a difference that way, its just not the way I choose. I am an idealist I guess. I do hope that this system of ours gets straightened out but that would take a whole lot of effort and trust. Sadly, I think it is too late for that.

www.lp.org...

Want to help change the world?

One day, just one day.

Buy a big white poster and a wooden stick.

On the white poster, write (in BIG LETTERS)...

GET RID OF INCOME TAX
RESTORE AMERICA'S PROSPERITY
Vote Libertarian!
WWW.LP.ORG

Now tape the poster to the wooden stick

Stand at an intersection for an hour or two holding it up. Make sure they can read the sign (remember: BIG LETTERS)

There you go, you just did the good work of 2,000 average americans would do in a year, yet you did it in three hours.

Bush and Kerry are taking advantage of the fact that people expect a good candidate to just be presented to them. And guess what, it's working, and people are doing nothing, and we're getting the government we deserve.

If the libertarian, or green, or ANY third party for that matter is elected in 2008 America's prosperity will be restored.

But, in 2012, it may be to late.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by aukaiman55]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Anyone want to speculate on the extent and ugliness of the mudthrowing that would happen if the Libertarians became a major recognized party to rival the other two?...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman55
Stand at an intersection for an hour or two holding it up. Make sure they can read the sign (remember: BIG LETTERS)

There you go, you just did the good work of 2,000 average americans would do in a year, yet you did it in three hours.

Ya know what? That sounds fun. I think I'll do that, and take pictures.

I'm pretty sure the cops would come out for this one and try to make me take it down.

Would I be able to say no?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The chances of the cops trying to stop you are 10%

If it happens, then you ask yourself, "Am I violating ANYONES constitutional rights?"

If the answere is no, then you do not have to go home.

If the police insist, you can call up an aterny of law and tell him everything that happened... HE WILL JUMP ON YOUR CASE and he will definently love the opportunity to defend this crap on court.

If anything, you will get on national news, and have that fox news basher say your a traitor.

That is, however, if the 10% chance of police interference happens

And, Yea I am going to do that sign thing "in a week or so". I'll say what happens, nothing much will probably happen.

EDIT: There may be some law bush passed prohibiting free speech in the form of self advertisement.

Ask the police if such law exists- if it does, tell the aterny of law your story. I still bet he will love the opportunity to support your case, for just 10 bucks even.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by aukaiman55]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by aukaiman55

Ya know what? That sounds fun. I think I'll do that, and take pictures.

I'm pretty sure the cops would come out for this one and try to make me take it down.

Would I be able to say no?

If you were just standing there holding the sign and not jumping around or hollering, i don't imagine you would run into trouble.
Of course, they could say that you're distrating drivers and creating a safety issue.

Also, you might not want to mentioon to the cops that the LP is also in favor of repealing gun laws and legalizing all drugs.

They would probably take you in, then.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Haha remindes me of an episode of Jackass where one of the guys put a devil costume on and walked around with a "keep god out of califorinia" sign. Didn't take long before he was accosted by some religious nut.

O.k. maybe Libertarian doesn't equate to the devil, oh well.

Edit: they censored the word Jack***, which was a show on Mtv and not censored in the T.V. guide, but I guess it is here????

[edit on 11/4/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join