It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dutch city Leiden closed all schools after FBI advised to do so according to 4Chan shootin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
All secondary schools and mbo colleges in Leiden will remain closed on Monday on police advice because of a threatened shooting.

The anonymous threat was made on an internet site against an un-named teacher and ‘as many other pupils as possible’, Leiden mayor Henri Lenferink told NOS News.

Police have been investigating the threat but have so far failed to find out which school is at risk, leading to all secondary schools being shut down.

Police guards

In addition, police officers will step up their surveillance of secondary schools and mbo colleges in the city, Lenferink said. Police and council officials are taking the threat ‘extremely seriously’, website nu.nl reported.

Nos states the threat was placed in English on the international website 4chan.org at the weekend and stated ‘tomorrow, I will shoot my Dutch teacher, and as many students as I can’. The author also said he or she would have a note with them when they entered the school, explaining why they were doing this.

UPDATE
Dutch police say they have arrested a suspect in an online threat to shoot a teacher and students that prompted authorities to close all the high schools in the city of Leiden.

Hague police spokeswoman Yvette Verboon confirmed the arrest Monday but would give no further details of the identity of the suspect.

Verboon says police are "investigating his involvement" in the threat that was discovered Sunday. "It is very very possible this suspect has nothing to do with it. We dont know if we got the right guy"

Police announced the school closures late Sunday, saying they do not want to take any risks while the person who posted the threat remains unknown.

Mayor Henri Lenferink told Dutch television "it could be a morbid joke" but authorities do not want to risk children's lives.

Shooting rampages are rare in the Netherlands, where gun ownership is tightly controlled.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Rick26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They decided to close all schools after our mayor (i'm from Leiden) had spoken with the FBI(!!)

We are on the other side of the planet, why does the FBI come into this? Maybe cause 4chan is american site?

Must be very serious if the FBI advised closing of all schools in the city.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Original threat on 4chan....
Bit weird that someone comments they dont care cause its not in the USA lol

i.imgur.com...

edit on 22-4-2013 by Rick26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rick26

I'm interested
SNF

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Apparently the Dutch police have arrested a suspect

Netherlands School Shooting Threat: Police Arrest Suspect In Leiden

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yep but they dont know if its the guy...

They just arrested him cause he attended a british school and was kicked out of it.
Seeing as the threat is written in English on a international site they decided to get this guy to the station to question him. No other leads at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Police still cant connect arrested supsect to the threat. More info later this evening.

Still wondering why the FBI has gotten in on this. Isnt the FBI a national American bureau? Restricted to just America?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well the guy failed in achieving any sort of high score what so ever. Fail.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
UPDATE:

The arrested suspect is NOT the one who posted threat.
He could be connected but is not the one who posted.

Guy on 4chan used proxy's and somekind of encoding software, authorities have still not cracked it, do not know where the message was posted from...

In short, guy is still on the loose, police dont know where to look for, cant crack his encoded post....

Will keep you updated.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Mayor Lenferink: "We're still in contact with the FBI in the United States. They are trying to locate where the message was posted from. They are also still unsuccsesfull"

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rick26

If you want to know why the FBI is contacting them, read this whole thread. Half way down...Dillon Cosey...

Link

These guys are all linked somehow and I also showed how here...

Link

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The FBI was contacted and asked if the could trace who left the threating post. And that is about it. The schools being shut down was a Dutch decision.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

As far as i know, the police in Zurich, Germany contacted Leiden police. Not long after that the FBI contacted our mayor, and are still in contact btw

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Arrested suspect has something to do with it but isnt the actual poster. So there's more than one person involved.
Threat seems to come from Costa Rica, but he could have used a Costa Ricaen proxy. If not we are screwed because the guy arrested has something to with it but as i said he isnt the actual poster so that means the guys in Costa Rica really have people over here...

Schools will re-open tomorrow, the mayor is confident all students will be on the look-out. Really weird cause they havent found the actual poster. Seeing as they arrested someone who is connected that could very well be the person the poster referred to, and that surely means its serious.

Also a security-expert from the police said they wont close 20 schools for just a message on 4chan and there is more that the people dont know about, he couldnt say what it is yet...

Bad times to come, seeing as the guy hasnt been found everyone at and around the schools will be on edge. Not to mention what happends if there really is a shootout the next few days.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rick26

This plays into the thought that there are always 2. My first impression was that one pushes the other to make sure it happens. Like a coach. I have also wondered, with newer media, if the second one records it. Somewhere there are videos of these attacks from a distance. Like terrorists do because that is what this is...terrorism.

new topics

top topics

join