It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about some inspiration, just for a change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This man is Arthur Boorman.

He is a veteran from the Gulf War where he was in the paramilitary. Multiple jumps from aircraft took their toll on his back and knees, but botched surgery left him depressed and disabled.
He resigned himself to the fact that he was going to be immobile for the rest of his life.

But the one thing he wanted most, was to walk again. Doctors had told him he should give up on the idea of leading an active life, and that he should accept where he was at. He gave up the idea of ever being happy again.
After his weight escalated to almost 300lbs, he was terribly unhappy and found that he was in a bit of a quandry.
To lose weight, he needed mobility, he needed to be able to run or even walk, but Arthur was unable to do either without the use of leg braces or walking aids.

Surfing the web one day, he came across a brand of yoga, a hybrid of other yoga styles by Diamond Dallas Page.
Most yoga instructors wouldn't work with him because of his limited mobility. So he bought this home yoga product and he went to work every day. Arthur sent him regular emails and at first, Page had no idea if he could even do anything to help Arthur.
But Arthur kept him updated.

Within just a couple of months, Arthur was able to walk without his leg braces. He also lost a significant amount of weight. Within ten short months, Arthur had not only lost 140lbs, he was able to walk without his leg braces or his canes. He could RUN.

This man who had been told for 15 years he would never walk again, defied everyone.

Now he teaches yoga for a living.

Arthur is a real inspiration to me, because he never gave up on the hope he would walk again. He knew it would be hard, and he never gave up. He didn't settle for his lot in life, and he took back what he thought he could never have again. This took months of will power, and agonizing exercise. He fell. Often. He got back up every time.

You don't have to, but I'd really like people to check out the video at the bottom. It's not that long, and I just think it's amazing that this man got his son to document everything. To see him walking with out his canes is a real positive moment, and really touched me.

It just goes to show, if you want something so badly, you'll stop making excuses and try anyway.

Have a nice day everyone.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What an incredible man.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Amazing story. Yoga is unbelievably helpful for recovery from all sorts of problems and illness.

new topics

join