It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners Among as Many as 11 Civilians Feared Abducted by Taliban (Hellicopter Down)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ok, the NYT is saying that a civilian helli was forced to land because of bad weather. Supposedly they went down in a Taliban stronghold and are feared to have been abducted. Some reports are saying that they are mostly Turkish, other sources our saying they are from "other countries". Anyway, I don't think it is the last we will be hearing about this story.

KABUL — A civilian helicopter made a forced landing because of bad weather in an insurgent-held area of eastern Afghanistan late Sunday and the three crew members and their passengers may have been abducted, said local officials and the helicopter company that operated the aircraft.

The aircraft landed in Azra district of Logar Province, a vast and thinly populated mountainous area in the far east of the province that has little government presence.

Link

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I don't want to sound harsh but it serves themselves right. What sort of idiots would want to be flying around in Taliban country where the odds of having an RPG pointing at you at any given time are likely very high? With that, wouldn't that also be classed as a possible warzone?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Well check this out. They are switching up the story. CNN is stating that they were delivering food and supplies to the area with 7 Turkish engineers!!!????

Seriously, they must think we are dumb as rocks.

The private helicopter, that was used to carry food and other items for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), was headed to Kabul from a NATO base in Khost province when it was forced to land in Azra district in neighboring Logar province, said the district's governor, Hamidullah Hamid.

Link

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

That would make a bit more sense than a civilian chopper though I guess... Have to wait and see but I would hate to be in there positions, thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Food and supply drops are carried out by civilian aircraft - it's a regular thing
Usually the halo fleet carry out these tasks out in afghan ( halo = huge russian heli ) painted white and marked up as UN/USAID/ISAF ( insert international aid group )
www.army.mil... ( halo images )
Or the Russian hip
www.shephardmedia.com... ( hip images )
If they have been downed there - good luck to em .................not the nicest of regions

On a side note i'll be dropping back in there in a few days .................yay !

edit on 22-4-2013 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Stay safe.

new topics

top topics

join