It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life story, as a top secret worker.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
So where to begin...

Well, for starters it's actually very BORING. Believe it or not.

Yeah at first it is exciting Yes, the big WOW factor and all, but eventually it wears off and becomes it's just like any other, brown paper bag for lunch, job. Clock in, clock out. Clock in, clock out. Standard stuff.

The thing that wears on you mostly is the levels of security themselves, the compartmentalization, the isolation that imparts. I've actually seen people go mad because of the isolation in just a matter of days time. Some of them even commit suicide after a year, rare but I've seen it happen.

Some people go through what I coin the "monkey locked in a cage syndrome", doors that can't be opened from either the inside nor the outside, "they" let you in and "they" let you out. Some people just can't hack that.
People don't just waltz in and around like they do in the movies.

Elevators that only go it one direction, metal detectors, anti-electronics scanners and jammers, motion sensors, Pan/Zoom IR cameras and various other security measures of that nature. Nothing you haven't already seen featured in "Mission Impossible". You get the idea.

As far as job applications go, for the most part, they find you, you don't find them. and when it comes tax time, they put "works at McDonalds" as your place of work; as you probably guessed by now.

and that's just the beginning.
All of your modes of communications are tapped until death; threads monitored and deleted at will.
Having to take vitamin gummies because you never get to see sun light. They have biometrics scans of your body parts on file, and all sorts of legalise piled up against you. Knowing that if you make the slightest wrong move that they will cleave your head off via a rod from space right where you stand. (Keep your nose clean). If you tooted in your bath tub at home, they would know about it. (Always walking on eggshells).
Never knowing if your friend is actually a friend, or just a "they" plant. (paranoia: an inability to trust anyone, at anytime, for any reason, with anything.)
You get the idea.

Yeah, it ain't so fabulous, glitzy and glamorous like the movies make it out to be.

Trust me, this type of position it's not for EVERYONE. If you get "the phone call", I suggest you think hard before just blindly accepting it.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

But seriously... Was there a question? Are people supposed to ask you questions? Is this just a statement?

edit on 4/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Intriguing story...

One way elevators you say? What happens when they reach either the top or bottom levels?

Which government agency did you work for?

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would think that anyone "Chosen" would at least have a firm grasp on grammar for posterity sake.

But then again...maybe the pickin's are gettin' scarce these days.

You really have to try harder on ATS.

But wait!

Is that you again Bernie?

edit on 22-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Intriguing story...

One way elevators you say? What happens when they reach either the top or bottom levels?

Which government agency did you work for?

Haha. What he said.
Would make for a nice movie though....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I wish the paid government trolls would write this badly.
Hi Bernard.
edit on 22-4-2013 by dainoyfb because: I added a hello.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Could it be him?

I've read a post a member wrote about him. Err thread. I've been awaiting his next arrival.

According to said thread we need Destinyone to post something. If he foes her that's him.

Kind of like taking a 99.9% positive result pregnancy test.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Second post by this guy, about the same topic.

The grammar (gasp!) is too good for Bernie's. Not his usual style, but hey, maybe he's applying what we've shot him down about in the past and putting it to good use....

Anyhoo, I'll bite as I did in the last thread that you never replied to;

Where (what state, country, etc) did or does this secret facility you worked in exist? And what do they do there? We've seen people here with classified clearances before, and they always give simple details, such as part of what they do and where they are located.... They just don't give away the really cool stuff for obvious reasons...

This would improve your cred a thousand fold....

edit on 22/4/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So they are watching or tapping everything you say/do and you come to ATS? Nice one.. Are you still alive?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Ask me where the roof
ie is.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by jude11

Second post by this guy, about the same topic.

The grammar (gasp!) is too good for Bernie's. Not his usual style, but hey, maybe he's applying what we've shot him down about in the past and putting it to good use....

Anyhoo, I'll bite as I did in the last thread that you never replied to;

Where (what state, country, etc) did or does this secret facility you worked in exist? And what do they do there? We've seen people here with classified clearances before, and they always give simple details, such as part of what they do and where they are located.... They just don't give away the really cool stuff for obvious reasons...

Actually, about the 20th thread by the same.

It's just entertainment now.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectUltra2013

Knowing that if you make the slightest wrong move that they will cleave your head off via a rod from space right where you stand.

This was a good line. I totally doubted your whole story until you mentioned the decapitating rods from space! There's only one way you could know about them...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It must be something about this time of the day... Always the best threads about now.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by jude11

Let's assume that 95% of what he said is accurate.

Let's assume you are such a person.

How many details would YOU RISK sharing?

I do believe the PTB have increasingly thorough levels of !CONTROL!

Certainly all electricity based communications have been monitored by literally acres of computers for 40+ years.

Factor in technologies and spiritual forces which can 'read minds' . . . 24/7 monitoring of various kinds . . .

It has to be something like being a biological very controlled robot . . . at least a person imprisoned in a very constricting straight-jacket.

I suspect they have a problem . . . bright folks needed for their projects . . . yet the brighter and more creative, the more difficulties such folks would have with such job slots. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The question is are you now "retired" or still in? Tell me one thing...unrelated to the underworld, how did you submit this post without fearing you violated some type of code of silence?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Quite simply, none. And I certainy wouldn't come to a place like this and make claims like that. People who work in classified fields generally do so because they don't divulge much of what they do. I have a friend that worked in Naval Intelligence. You know how much he's told me?

That he worked in Naval Intelligence, and that he had been on a submarine once or twice. Anything else gets sidetracked or stonewalled, because it's his job not to divulge what he did. Why? Simple.

IT"S CLASSIFIED....

I'm gonna go 100% with Boncho and say the claims of being struck dead by some magical ray from space if you spoke out is just the icing on a very untruthful cake. I mean c'mon, is it written into the clause?

"Any divulgence by electronic media or otherwise of classified information will result in immediate termination. From space, by a gigantic goddamn space rod."

Seriously...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectUltra2013

As far as job applications go, for the most part, they find you, you don't find them. and when it comes tax time, they put "works at McDonalds" as your place of work; as you probably guessed by now.

You work at McDonalds don't you?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Good points.

BTW, I took the space rods example to be a metaphor.

I believe there are space platforms that can take out individuals.

I don't believe rods is a good description of such platforms. I think he gave a metaphor that was functionally reasonably accurate without disclosing anything classified.

I think authentic folks use metaphor a lot.

And fiction novels . . . to tell the truth . . . often with the approval of the oligarchy.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Then there's this line. Why would someone who works for a classified government agency put in a tax return that says 'works for McDonalds?" There has been talk in the past of people who work for secret projects having false resumes of where they had been for their time, but again, it's all speculation.

Wouldn't it be just as simple to put Federal Government engineer, accountant, etc, even if it were under a false front as some black op off the radar government installation?

Sorry, I guess I was always taught 2+2=4. When it starts equaling 5, there's something off in the water....

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectUltra2013
So where to begin...

Well, for starters it's actually very BORING. Believe it or not.

Well, it's certainly true that most S and some TS work is very boring. Or pointlessly classified. I've got a spec drawing framed on the wall of my office for a once secret screwdriver used on Louis Allis power supplies for Navy sonar. It's a stock screwdriver. But since it was used on this project, it ended up classified.

Some parts of TS and SCI jobs are boring. But you get enough jobs that are not that make up for it, unless you're doing a lot of Navy work, ONI can suck the fun out of a sunny day.

The thing that wears on you mostly is the levels of security themselves, the compartmentalization, the isolation that imparts.

You're never alone. There isn't any isolation in terms of being alone in the SCIF or a secure area.

doors that can't be opened from either the inside nor the outside, "they" let you in and "they" let you out.

Never seen that one. It is sort of closed in inside a SCIF, but it's sort of nice in ours in terms of being quiet and indirectly lit. I end up falling asleep if I'm not careful.

...anti-electronics scanners and jammers...

Most SCIFs have cell phone detectors. Ours does. No jammers though - it's TEMPEST, you can't get a signal out.

That one's pretty far off. I can point you to dozens of job sites that specialize in hiring people for S, TS, and TS/SCI work without cracking a sweat. There are likely hundreds of them. If you want that sort of work and can qualify for it, they'll toss a red carpet at you to get you. Granted, your company and engineers (or whatnot) become known in the community and people will approach you for jobs. But it's not like being tapped for Skull and Bones where some MIB comes up in the dark and says "TS/SCI job designing an invasive ethernet packet inspector for the Agency that can be inserted into a line in an office and not be spotted - yes or no!"

and that's just the beginning.
All of your modes of communications are tapped until death;

Nah. Even if you're up to no good for the Army, say Special Forces or Delta, what you get is a call from an officer every quarter for a number of years reminding you about your NDAs. I've heard some did not, so it might also depend on what you were up to exactly.

You send emails or make phone calls from a base or a SAP/USAP, you can expect that. From the house, not so much.

threads monitored and deleted at will.

Well, if you screw up that can happen, a group of military and contractors had that happen on FARK in 2004. That's a story of its own. They didn't monitor me though, DIA found a really inappropriate post I made during a standard sweep of the site (they do that to FARK) and whoopsie there it was, one thing led to another, and some threads got removed.

Having to take vitamin gummies because you never get to see sun light.

Around here, we call that being an engineer.

They have biometrics scans...

Not that I've seen. They have lots of photos and fingerprints. And one time I'm pretty sure they went in my house after the 2004 thing. At least I found some things moved and someone left me a present I couldn't ignore as what I assumed was a goofy way of telling me they'd been there, I reported it and was told to fugedaboutit.

Never knowing if your friend is actually a friend, or just a "they" plant. (paranoia: an inability to trust anyone, at anytime, for any reason, with anything.)

I know who my friends are. It's the people that suddenly want to get talky that are "they". It's pretty easy to spot a bar boojum, though. DIA had a guy working the wellness center gym in Huntsville, he was actually a pretty nice guy and very bad at boojum work. ONI tries that around Navy bases with especially sensitive stuff in.

eta: I never heard of anyone saying they worked at McD's. It's an inside joke at the agency to say you work for the USDA. I generally say "I'm an engineer" if I want to end a conversation, no one wants to talk shop with engineers. I also occasionally tell nosy people that I'm a UFO mechanic, which fits my quirky sense of humor.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join