It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFOs, in high orbit, detected during Antares launch.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Wow, what a great reply........I wasn't expecting that!
Thanks.

I totally get what you are laying down Jim, cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is it you guys! Good job Arken! Two small white dots that you can see for 3 seconds, and the video being blurred must be nasa scrambling the transmission to cover it all up! this is the final proof we needed to crack the case! NASA and the rest of the government will disclose at anytime now!

Sarcasm aside, if people really knew how much junk and how many satellites are floating around in space, and thought it was all "UFOs" They would think that the whole universe of aliens have come to invade us.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

OK, so fair enough. But we do have other experts in the field at ATS the whole time so you're not alone. It's the "crusader" attitude I don't get. You have a kinda narrow approach in your relation to UFOlogy, at least as it comes off here. Nothing wrong with that but you must remember that many of us have a much wider scope (sometimes too wide). Just like for believers, debunker must also build a solid case first. I know you strive to but don't cut corners; be open yet pragmatic, if you catch my drift.

I agree that most (not all) of the material from NASA that has gained tremendous attention probably due to the fact that people in general don't know much about what to expect from the space environment (in accordance with 99 FAQ #09, #68) but that alone doesn't disprove the theory of there being "others" out there. Even if that isn't your intention you still come off like that and I think that maybe that is the source of much heated debate and animosity that you might encounter sometimes. Miscommunication it's called and it can be avoided.

You're an expert in your field, I get that, but the world is bigger than so. You stick to your stuff and that's alright but it doesn't grant you access to some general, overruling wisdom. I know you claim exactly this in 99 FAQ #87 but you sometimes dirft astray from that otherwise healthy framwork. This is after all a forum

...dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects
(taken from the description on top of this page- check it).

What may not chime so well here are statements like this from your much advertised 99 FAQ:

A: If they’re all wrong, as I think they are, the social implications are significant beyond this limited subject matter. We should be asking how it could happen in this case that popular culture is so far off base -- how it might be happening in other areas of public beliefs.

What if it is the other way around?
I take you as a technician: you work with the material, the linear, the positivist absolutes. Some of us don't. That doesn't make either one of us more right than the other.
Here is a golden example of that:

A: The first victims of these stories are the believers themselves, especially the young people who are genuinely interested in space exploration, science, and humanity’s place in the Universe. Their assessments of these and related topics can stay seriously warped for a long time, sometimes a lifetime.

Personally, I think it is a bit rich to say that you hold the key to the objective truth of "humanity's place in the Universe". What do you know of it yourself? So you know how to put stuff in orbit, that's great and it surely has a lot of benefits for modern life on earth. Still, it doesn't say nothing about our place in the Universe.

I do understand a bit where your motivation come from though; you're busting you ass here for the space missions and don't like it when charlatans come up with their wild claims on what is really going on up there, I get that. Still, I don't really think that it matters. If NASA is having their reputation damaged it is in a limited sphere and especially in places like this (ATS for instance) but that doesn't count for the majority of people.
I think this is an issue of your personal feeling of pride. If you relax, the problem will go away, I promise

However, the next time I find some obscure STS video or whatever, I'll make sure to run it through you as well.

You do cut some slack in 99 FAQ #96 throughj #99 which I was very happy to read. That might indicate that you do know something...
(as in 99 FAQ #16....)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Lol, well that explains a lot. I told the cops so many times it wasn't my fault, guess i was telling the truth....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Raud, those are helpful comments, we should follow up.

Meanwhile, discussion of the actual phenomenon continues, for example, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Aight, I'll chime in whenever I find a topic worth discussing. "Winged beings" doesn't instantly tickle my nerv from the looks of it...
Though I insist on keeping an open mind at all times

The reason I have is personal experiences. I am that "first hand" witness you're requesting

Alright, nuff smileys and that for now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join