It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFOs, in high orbit, detected during Antares launch.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: S&F!

On the issue of 'never alone" I was able to quikly find these following references to those specific terms ...

Good start.

Be careful to note that the allegation was

As many astronauts has said: "When we go out there, we are never alone...",

so it refers to experiences on space flights, not a general belief in other intelligent life in the Universe.

So -- no goal-post moving, please.

Mitchell, of course, makes it clear that he never experienced any signs of ETI/UFO on his spaceflight and knows of no other astronaut in his era who did, either.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I actually watched this live and I have to say I thought people might start shouting "UFO", I do believe in UFOs but with the amount of ice debris and what have you, these ain't it

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Seems i jumped the gun a bit early. My apologies to Jim.

None necessary. You're doing real research. No need to ever apologize for results, even preliminary ones.

The question is fair to ask -- why believe ME when I quote an astronaut, when it runs counter to other people's quotes of the astronaut?

My best answer is that it's clear there's an army of enthusiasts who want to find my sources and citations factually wrong and they do their best to double and triple check, and complain whenever they are suspicious of something. And they do catch errors -- my film camera flub on Gemini-4 is a good example -- that need corrections.

So perhaps it's fair to say that for any particular factual claim of mine, the absence of evidence of error is indeed evidence for the absence of error -- because if t were there, somebody would have posted it here.

And I'm grateful to them for this vetting. I just wish they did it across the board, re other claims.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In the interest of full disclosure, I need to point out that my efforts to get photo prints of the tracking balloon on Carpenter's flight have not succeeded, the photo archives at NASA-JSC tell me that proof sheet binder seems to have been misplaced. So I guess I better ask Carpenter directly.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

A mature and constructive response would have been more along these lines:

Are you serious ?

That link is completely worthless !

Everything in that link ... can be seen in the video posted in the opening post of this thread !!

reply to post by Arken

Arken just wanted to say thanks again and keep up the great work !!

FYI - The ghost of project-blue-book showed up so I'm outta here bro !

Cheers
edit on 22-4-2013 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

A mature and constructive response would have been more along these lines:

Are you serious ?

That link is completely worthless !

Everything in that link ... is in the freakin video posted in the opening post of this thread !!

That link chronicled real-time observations and comments by sharp-eyed and well-informed spaceflight enthusiasts.

It could have helped you answer my question, what was occurring at the time the two dots appeared.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I do not think those are UFO's BUT this is refreshingly not a "Boston False Flag" post so you get a star just for that!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Arken just wanted to say thanks again and keep up the great work !!

Thanks for your kind words, easynow.

It's an honor, if these words come from a skilled researcher like you.

And thanks for the laugh.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As for astronauts seeing ufos, Collins, Armstrong and Aldrin saw something they could not identify and labeled thus as a ufo.

www.youtube.com... Buzz Aldrin speaking about the experience. Fast forward clip to 1:16

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-4-2013 by sweetstuff because: add link

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Astro-Nut corps is crawling with alien U-Fo (UFO).

en.wikipedia.org...

Nowak gained international attention on February 5, 2007, when she was arrested in Orlando, Florida, and subsequently charged with the attempted kidnapping of U.S. Air Force Captain Colleen Shipman, who was romantically involved with astronaut William Oefelein. Nowak was released on bail, and initially pleaded not guilty to the charges, which included attempted kidnapping, burglary with assault, and battery.

I wouldn't be suprised if there were a couple of alien u foes running around in high orbit on the space station as we speak.

I'd say there are at least two of them.

Its time to play, pin the tail on the anti-christ alien.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
As for astronauts seeing ufos, Collins, Armstrong and Aldrin saw something they could not identify and labeled thus as a ufo.

www.youtube.com... Buzz Aldrin speaking about the experience. Fast forward clip to 1:16

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-4-2013 by sweetstuff because: add link

Nope, they didn't label it that way at all.

Why are you so eager to be duped?

Please resist, by seeing Aldrin's REAL views:

www.csicop.org...
UFOs and Aliens in Space
Skeptical Inquirer David Morrison Volume 33.1, January / February 2009

edit on 22-4-2013 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What makes me
about this thread all those comments and way out theories about 2 white dots yet at the 6:00 mark on the video you see this

yet nothing is said, the 2 white dots are the same as these white dots and the dot to the left at 8:57 is moving in line with the view of the camera so appears to slow or stop the other is moving across the field of view,the usual suspects making the usual fuss over nothing as usual

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I wish more folks like you would challenge these guys.

He wishes that? Like the majority of everyone isn't challenging that already?
Those "to be challenged" are in fact those who challenge the established ideas already!!!

Gimmie a break!

Still, what the OP has here is pretty vague. I don't even know why I am looking at it. But sure, everything is up for suggestions

Jim,
I haven't been around the UFO board much lately but I see you stick to it as usual, like a pitbull to his favourite toy.
My question is; what is it to you if someone thinks "we are not alone" or whatever?
OK, so you are totally not into that stuff, fine. But why do you keep bothering with hanging out at a UFO board anyway? I am starting to think you are so afraid of the thought, you need to "fight it" where ever it occurs, like you're some sort of sentinel. Sorry loco, but I've seen stuff in my days to verify that we truly are not alone and that's that. I dunno where they are from, might even be earth, but we are sharing this place with some other intelligence. Just gotta love it like that, or maybe stick your head in the sand if that rocks your boat better...

Scrutiny is always good, and second opinions are for the most part in sore need, but you lack all style man. It adds noting. A mind is like a parachute: it only works when it is open

Seriously, I don't know what you get out of this more than maybe your daily dose of "neener-neener".

That NASA forum link was a total dull-o-rama. That nerd factor was even greater than what we can muster in this murky joint, which is kinda amazing in itself really.

I'd still like to challenge/employ you for a real one if you're up for it:
go up to Gilliland Ranch WA for a weekend and check the skies. USAF was there. Lockheed-Martin was there. Guess what they said? "Those aren't any of our stuff" (given they way "they" appear and act on the night skies).
If you can identify "them" and give me one helluva explanation I'd love to hear it, and I am totally not being ironic here.

Keep it clean bro.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
legitimate question guys, I've seen the testimonies of pilots, and military personnel hard to question these guys.
However mistakes happen to the best.

So why is it that every ufo video looks fake, and those that are unquestionable real are just dots or lights?

I believe in aliens only a fool thinks we're alone, but why do you believe we're being visited with no real proof
that I have ever seen.

What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Those are fair questions and I tried to address them in my "99 FAQs" on the space age myths and legends page at my website [link in my signature, below]. I'd be happy to follow up. As for other stories, I've learned how foolish people can look when they venture into new and unfamiliar realms, so I want to concentrate on what I know best, so as to make that realm of human endeavor -- SPACE FLIGHT!! - as non-unfamiliar as I can to as many folks as I can. Besides, if a stranger won't accept my research results in areas of demonstrated expertise -- and for so many of these space-related stories, my results are the only ones by a real professional in that field you're ever likely to come across -- how would I expect my half-baked musings in unfamiliar areas be credible? I do know and respect Robert Bigelow [and vice versa, I have every reason to hope], and some years ago we stood side by side on a grass-covered bunker inside a barb-wired compound in Siberia, on a summer evening, watching a bargain basement Red Army surplus missile carry one of his prototype space habitats into orbit. That's on my short list of awesome space experiences, up there with attending the first man-to-the-moon launch, and last year walking up to a North Korean satellite rocket and NOT getting shot [they won't make THAT mistake a second time]. But please do check out my offerings and let me know where you find them incomplete, unclear, or just too nerdy.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Seconds before the UFOs appear, you can hear the NASA guy announce "[indistinguishable] separation," and then the UFOs are seen.

If you watch the entire video, all other separations show ice debris that can be seen being propelled out from the rocket. The separation before the UFOs appear is assuredly no different.

It seems to me to simply be ice debris traveling (relatively) away from the camera's perspective. Add in the rotation of the rocket, and it's a sort of optical illusion. (Follow the motion of the horizon with the alleged UFOs. They are moving in a straight line at apparent constant velocity.)

The camera cut out is what makes the UFO appear to pause. BOTH UFOs pause in sync with the glitches of the camera.

I don't see anything extraordinary.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed

What am I missing?

You are missing SETI.

The search for extra-testicle intelligence.

SET was an Egyptian god.

Egyptian Gods were demons.

The search for aliens starts with ghosts who were kicked out of their celestial abode a few thousand years ago for starting a rebellion that continues on earth.

The aliens are here. You can't see them. But you can sense their presence. Go to a bar and watch a bar fight. Aliens are responsible for more fights than you can imagine. They are in a constant state of misery and anger, but you never know it unless you run into some alien tool who lets aliens use their body like some sort of invisible alien ghost body snatcher demon.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashjob
Seconds before the UFOs appear, you can hear the NASA guy announce "[indistinguishable] separation," and then the UFOs are seen.

If you watch the entire video, all other separations show ice debris that can be seen being propelled out from the rocket. The separation before the UFOs appear is assuredly no different.

It seems to me to simply be ice debris traveling (relatively) away from the camera's perspective. Add in the rotation of the rocket, and it's a sort of optical illusion. (Follow the motion of the horizon with the alleged UFOs. They are moving in a straight line at apparent constant velocity.)....

I agree they look and behave like debris off the launch vehicle.

But since the second stage is solid fueled, I'd be cautious to suggest they could be ice.

There's enough other junk shed on the way uphill to provide a good list of reasonable candidates.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Good catch.

Funny how it always goes blank when "something" comes into view hey? I guess it's a WTF? Panic moment.

Question: We are always told and shown information about the amount of crap "floating" in space. We have all seen the simulations of the amount of space junk up there. But here is my question. Earth is huge (Compared to space junk) the gravitational pull on that junk would be immense? Why would it not fall to Earth and burn up as does most things eventually. I understand the ISS has to gain altitude every now and then (when a relief/trash rocket comes as I understand it) If this is the case it is losing altitude, so why doesn't junk?

What if all those dots we see on the supposed simulations were in fact an excuse for junk (i.e. lies) or even other craft?....UFO's

Surely junk would fall...........right? Or am I having a thick moment?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Good catch.

Funny how it always goes blank when "something" comes into view hey? I guess it's a WTF? Panic moment.

Question: We are always told and shown information about the amount of crap "floating" in space. We have all seen the simulations of the amount of space junk up there. But here is my question. Earth is huge (Compared to space junk) the gravitational pull on that junk would be immense? Why would it not fall to Earth and burn up as does most things eventually. I understand the ISS has to gain altitude every now and then (when a relief/trash rocket comes as I understand it) If this is the case it is losing altitude, so why doesn't junk?

What if all those dots we see on the supposed simulations were in fact an excuse for junk (i.e. lies) or even other craft?....UFO's

Surely junk would fall...........right? Or am I having a thick moment?

Don't sell yourself short -- you're looking for the path to enlightenment. You recognize you need it, and that it exists. So you're practically home.

You are having a moment of great clarity, not thickness. This is the way to understanding.

After years of miscommunications with my non-space-geek friends I finally -- talk about thick!! -- realized that what I'd gotten used to operating in, in Mission Control, was quite literally unearthly. Motion and illumination was counter-intuitive to ground experience. Gravity sucked, but photons pushed.

Pictures of astronauts on the Moon really DID 'look funny', because -- it was not on Earth. A billion years of earthside evolution had trained our interpretive wetware to START with assumptions that suddenly, in space, were no longer true.

I've tried to describe some of these differences in my '99 FAQs' on my space folklore page on my home page -- see signature.

Nothing 'floats' in space, it only remains out of Earth's clutches by tremendous horizontal speed, quite literally falling 'over the horizon' as each piece curves 'down', but the surface of the round Earth falls away beneath it. So it doesn't hit.

Air drag sucks energy from satellites, but the higher you are, the thinner the air. A satellite at 200 miles might decay in a few years. At 400, a few decades, and at 1000, centuries. We keep ISS just at the edge of the atmosphere first, to make it easier for ships from Earth to reach it, and second, to keep our heads down as we pass just below the Van Allen radiation belts.

I don't think any of the dots on shuttle youtube videos are the same dots on the space debris cloud simulations -- reasons explained in the 99 FAQs. But stuff is coming off spacecraft all the time, and since it has velocity similar to the originating source, it follows much the same path.

Stuff coming off -- that's an entirely complete reason to ALWAYS keep an eye open for outside stuff. Vehicle breakdowns have been overlooked in the past when crew/TV didn't spot important visual clues. Or it could be signs of somebody else's vehicles -- first suspects, Earth nations, but other origins can't be ruled out.

So looking, and then filtering out the 'background noise', really is important.

Suggestions on improvements/additions to the 99 FAQs would be greatly appreciated.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join