It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack at U.S. nuclear plant? Multiple shots fired at security officer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Oak Ridge Today: An unidentified suspect fired multiple rounds at a security officer on patrol at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant early Sunday morning, and at least one round hit the security officer’s vehicle, an official said. The Tennessee Valley Authority nuclear security officer fired back, also shooting multiple rounds. The suspect appeared to have initially been on the ground but may have fled in a boat, TVA spokesman Jim Hopson said. [...] Hopson said some information can’t be released yet, such as the identity of the security officer, or it is not available, such as the total number of rounds fired. Hopson didn’t have a description of the suspect. “Many of the details I won’t be able to share,” he said

Source

This sounds odd

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You know what's weird about this, I remember some poster posted this 5 days ago, kind of creepy!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
double post
edit on 22-4-2013 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
come on now.. can we get a day or 2 break between terror attacks so I can take a break from reading the internet 24/7 to learn wtf is going on in the world and waiting to be murdered myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Good catch I read that post and forgot about it until you brought it up...

This is why I don't live near nuclear power anything... for obvious reasons.. I love that prepper show they have had like 4 or so poeple who live near nuclear power and they are making all these plans its like hellur artard how about the best plan of all.. MOVE AWAY FROM NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS prepper rule number one dont live where you are most likely to die.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
no but i just looked it up and there seems to be a few sources for it. i would think that something like that would get some attention. oddly it has not.

great find op

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The Tsarnaev brothers killed the MIT cop just a block or two away from MIT's nuclear reactor in Cambridge.

The authorities are claiming that they may have been planning a secondary attack. They also had a car full of explosives, they killed an officer right there...I wonder if perhaps the reactor was the next target?
edit on 22-4-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by usaman1983

Good catch I read that post and forgot about it until you brought it up...

This is why I don't live near nuclear power anything... for obvious reasons.. I love that prepper show they have had like 4 or so poeple who live near nuclear power and they are making all these plans its like hellur artard how about the best plan of all.. MOVE AWAY FROM NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS prepper rule number one dont live where you are most likely to die.

I disagree.
As a prepper myself I choose to live as close to a Nuclear Plant as possible. Should the unspeakable happen, I will no doubt end up with Super Powers (which will help me to survive the coming cataclysmic/Apocalypse)- Even if the initial dose of radiation does not immediately give me the power to Fly or have Laser eyes, logic dictates that given enough time a radioactive insect will bite me and thus transfer its powers into my genetic makeup.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
come on, it's Tennessee ... there was probably a wedding and everyone was firing rounds up in the air, hootin' and hollerin', and a stray may have hit the officer's car

nothing to see here

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spartaocean

this happened 10hr ago? the comments on the artical go back 10hr.. so what happened since then, nothing?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm

Oak Ridge Today: An unidentified suspect fired multiple rounds at a security officer on patrol at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant early Sunday morning, and at least one round hit the security officer’s vehicle, an official said. The Tennessee Valley Authority nuclear security officer fired back, also shooting multiple rounds. The suspect appeared to have initially been on the ground but may have fled in a boat, TVA spokesman Jim Hopson said. [...] Hopson said some information can’t be released yet, such as the identity of the security officer, or it is not available, such as the total number of rounds fired. Hopson didn’t have a description of the suspect. “Many of the details I won’t be able to share,” he said

Source

This sounds odd

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

S &F ty for being on the ball!!! What caught my eye... He fled in a boat? So.... You get Cops and heli's up and do a perimeter.. And they should have been able to catch the guy....(?)
Wow.... This is a definite story to watch!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartaocean
oakridgetoday.com...

So this is real? I wasnt aware Oak Ridge even had Plants . I have family in harrimen (I think that is the spelling) and was never aware.

So that is pretty frightening? A test run? It would take a hell of a "professional" team to take control of a Plant and do anything with it. And I find it hard to believe that we havnt seen pictures yet since those are secure locations.

Very strange and scary.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrFantastic1
come on, it's Tennessee ... there was probably a wedding and everyone was firing rounds up in the air, hootin' and hollerin', and a stray may have hit the officer's car

nothing to see here

Ok... I spit out my drink on this comment!! It's a definite " lmao " Even though the poster is being sarcastic and added nothing of value to the OP's post... I had to give him a star for making me spew drink and laff hard!!!
Ahhh thanks dude!!! ;0)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The Wackenhut Corporation is responsible security at Oak Ridge. A few years ago they found the Wackenhut crack security team all asleep, prompting protests from nearby residents ...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I've already linked this thread to the OP who is FROM this "secret city" called Oak Ridge. She had much to say... regarding a recent uptick in drills in her community. Her thread here lays it out, as an above poster has noted.

I hope I can safely assert that we; as a community, have learned by now that drills seem to nearly universally coincide with actual events they are aimed to defend against! (be them "false-flags" or not.) A close eye on this one will be kept...

edit on 22-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
You know what's weird about this, I remember some poster posted this 5 days ago, kind of creepy!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm that is kind of weird, but credit to that Op for being observant.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Hold...the... PHONE.

Is it just me or is there some insane problems with oh.... daylight, and.... time, and stuff like that? This happened just after 2AM, TONIGHT....

***I see that it was posted yesterday**** DUR on me.

To be fair, the OP never mentioned anything except "today," but I should check sources before replying ANYways...
edit on 22-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

This all happened in the morning of Sunday the 21st. That's why you see daylight photos.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
no but i just looked it up and there seems to be a few sources for it. i would think that something like that would get some attention. oddly it has not.

great find op

Exactly, I live close to this area in TN and haven't heard or seen any media at all on the incident.
I read an article about the Oak Ridge area when I first came to ATS, I was under the impression the facility was under scrutiny by locals who had noticed suspicous activity by what appeared to be the UN or something like that. Seems like there was a thread (not sure if it was the same one) that mentioned HAARP shutting down communications in New Johsonville for like 24 hours or something?? I will look for the thread and add a link if I can find it.
edit on 22-4-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join