It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Colorado Sheriff Owns President Obama...This Cop...I Like!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As a one sided political argument it
is hardly an "owning " of anything.

Opinion and thats all.

Most likely because of a lifetime of a single source
of news & politics.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Im sorry but you need to change that statement. Some of them i will agree are working for the status quo as you say. But there are a lot of local police that actually care about the people they are trying to protect. To call all cops pigs is disgusting and quite honestly is disturbing to me. That is just a stereotype like any other and just remember that one day you might just need the help of one of those officers in blue.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Is it his fault that the things you want to do are illegal?

So now I want to do things that are illegal? OK

Is it his fault that the government is so corrupt? No it is not. I

He's part of the government....

It is however his duty, to the people, as part of thier protection, another thing he has sworn himself to, to give the people the benifit of his expirience if he finds a way to do that, without breaking the law

The police have no legal obligation to protect people.

I am sure he is just as sick as anyone else, of the things he has to do to uphold the law, the laws themselves, and the people who wrote them.

If he were sick of corrupt laws he wouldn't be a cop.....

Its easy to point the finger at a person without ever having been in thier position, but it is clear that you lack the objectivity to actually put yourself in his shoes

I'd never be a cop so I'd never be in his shoes or want to be.

they have no more power to change than any of the rest of us,

They actually do, because they choose to enforce non-victimless crime laws.

You have a problem with the law, but you aim your hatred and your anger poorly.

Wrong. I have a problem with tyrannical laws and the people that enforce them.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptNemo2012
reply to post by WaterBottle

Im sorry but you need to change that statement. Some of them i will agree are working for the status quo as you say. But there are a lot of local police that actually care about the people they are trying to protect. To call all cops pigs is disgusting and quite honestly is disturbing to me. That is just a stereotype like any other and just remember that one day you might just need the help of one of those officers in blue.

All cops enforce the status quo. That's what their purpose is. To enforce the laws that the real powers that be create.

That is just a stereotype like any other and just remember that one day you might just need the help of one of those officers in blue.

Cops have no legal obligation to protect or help citizens, so count on them to your own peril.

edit on 22-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Because of the retarded 60% vote required to pass laws because of CONSTANT fillabusters, If Obama doesn't use current events and the fear from them to push his "agenda" aka the will of the people who elected him instead of a Mormon. Then when is he suppose to wait to make laws, what's the grace period to try to change things after a tragedy, what if tragedies happen every few months...90% of Americans support universal background checks for weapons sales, and it lost with 54% of the votes, if Obama had REALLY used fear this would have passed. You wanna see someone pushing his agenda while using fear on every issue see: Geore Bush Jr

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by WaterBottle

They work for TPTB to enforce the status quo.

And Obama doesn't work for TPTB? Please support me with evidence as to how this county sheriff works for TPTB. If anything, by looking at the money trail from each President, it'd be much safer to assume that the each POTUS from the past few decades, each future POTUS, and the CURRENT POTUS are the actual status quo enforcers.

That sheriff will arrest you in a second for the various non-victimless crimes that are illegal. He isn't your friend and he's never going to be on your side, unless you're another cop........

Yawn. I assume you've had some bad experiences in the past that have involved a cop/sheriff. Now you are biased and grouping all cops/sheriffs as a giant national group of angry men and women who will arrest people for "non-victimless crimes that are illegal" because they are trained to do so since they hate anybody who isn't one of them.

By non-victimless, do you mean that victims are actually involved? Because if it's victim-less then no victims are involved; hence the suffix "less" at the end of the word victim. If it's non-victimless, than there is a victim. I need some clarification as to what you actually meant to say.

IMHO, if there is an illegal crime that involves a victim of some sort, I'd sure hope that some arrests are made while enforcing the defendants right to due process.

He's trying to gain more followers in his hick town so he can be sheriff as long as possible.

Tell me how this is any different than Obama stating his opinion to "gain more followers".

Piggy propaganda doesn't work on me, sorry.

Fed propaganda doesn't work on me, sorry
edit on 4/23/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Fixed quotes

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Really ? Thats the same we have heard from the President...a bunch of moaning and blaming and no solutions...no budget...no plan what so ever. The favorite line of this admin is to blame the Bush admin for everything. If the President has a plan to end violence then I am ready to hear it but the facts are that registration and denial of weapons of those who already comply with the law are not going to do it.

If the President has real solutions why as a Senator in his home state did he not offer solutions where they have some very tough gun laws but the highest murder rate. Give me a break this is nothing to do with Repubs and Demos and everything with a man who has no clue what he is doing

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

“an attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010.”

there are many such cases in china where guns are very strictly prohibited.

Ah yes China,imagine how many more kids and adults this nutter could have killed if he had ready access to the weapons used in the senseless masacres in the US.Do you think owning high powered weapons rather than a hand gun would have made any difference to someone with a blade? heck someone without self defense skills could have taken him on with a lump of wood.

This is a just a discussion board and the way I see it we wouldn`t be hearing these same conversations over and over again if you guys had a well regulated militia,the adverage Joe might lose his high powered weapon/s if he doesn`t belong to the militia or have sufficient reason for owning them and only have hand guns for personal protection,but the militia would/should be armed to the teeth,those weapons would be under protection 24/7.

The right to bear arms and a well regulated militia go hand in hand which is more than just a citizens right its a duty as it was intended,yet you guys only fight for your own personal right.

I think the the armed forces should give allegiance to the militia first and foremost,then if in agreement follow orders from the leaders of your country that the citizens elected to govern.

Australia should of had a well regulated militia in its constitution as well,at least that may have stopped Australians dying and paying for wars that we followed in support (usual lap dogs) but were fed BS by the US government.Friends don`t do that.

But what I find most hypocritical is that many on this conspiracy site say they don`t trust their government and they`re after your guns and will scream this even before the blood of the victims of these masacres has gone cold or it was just a set up,yet when other countries don`t trust the US government and want weapons for their own protection from them just like yourselves, the majority (as I see it) want them wiped out before having the ability of defense,again for the reasons of self preservation I guess.

If the US spent more money on defense and a heck of alot less money in offensive wars and bases around the world,you may be able to start reducing the massive and increasing debt your country has.

At least something toward progress rather than this unmerry-go-round.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Quit using fear to further agendas?

How about quit fearing agendas with the purpose of ultimately subduing fear?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

How many did you have BEFORE port Arthur???

You cant use the lack of an anomalous atrocity as proof of the effectiveness of an action.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

he has a good head on his shoulders, this one....i'd work for the man in a heartbeat.

as an aside...it didn't take long for the shills, and cheerleaders to get in here, did it?

putting "obama" in a thread title is like chumming for sharks...works every time..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GokuVsSuperman0
90% of Americans support universal background checks for weapons sales

wrong.

90% of POLL PARTICIPANTS support universal background checks, and magazine restrictions, and bans on "scary" looking guns....

Polls are about as close to scientific proof of support as an ink blot....limited sample size, biased sampling area, misleadingly worded poll questions...polls are bunk.

it'd be kinda like me setting up a poll on a forum...maybe on one that talks about UFOs, and asking "are UFOs real?"...90 people vote yes, 10 vote no, so then, i can say that 90% of americans believe UFOs are real....

the thousand, or few thousand people from the silly poll you refer to are NOT representative of the 300+ MILLION people living in this country.

90% my foot...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And about the Polls....really depends on who contracted for the poll how it turns out and it does not matter if every last person in the US was for gun control....if there is one person who says NO...then thats the way it is as the Constitution has nothing to do with majority rights and everything to do individuals rights...period

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

How many has America had since its first masacre? what were the solutions that were put in place to at least try and stop it ever happening again that had a level of success.

This was also under the comment you only replied to...

Since the 1997 gun buyback, your chance of being a victim of gun violence has more than halved. Yet as this newspaper pointed out on Monday, the number of guns in Australia has increased by nearly one-fifth over the same period. What's going on?

www.smh.com.au...

As much as this would pain many people to hear,which is sick in its self.

I`m not posting because I think my posts here will be popular.

edit on 23-4-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by jude11

The Sheriff is right! If more and more local people stand up like this things might change, from the grass roots where it has to start from.

He identified the fundamental problems and he identified the political grandstanding that does not offer any real solution.

S&F

P

I think we have more chance of Obama revealing that his is an Alien looking for galactic domination than people actually sticking together.

The fear that pushes their agendas has already gotten to the 'grass roots' of the minions... I mean people.

~ CrzayFool

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"Never let a good crisis go to waste", right?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by MrFantastic1

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by DaTroof
All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own. No wonder he's a grunt in a backwater town and not President of the United States.

His solution?

Stop using fear to further Govt. Agendas.

Sounds solid to me.

Peace

Huh? I'm not really sure what you're saying.

Yes you are.

If you don't agree with the vid just say so. It's really ok.

Peace

Let me see if I understand, you are saying that HIS solution is for President Obama to stop using fear to further Govt. Agendas", right!?

Well, to me that sounds more like a suggestion than a solution, just saying.

Is like me telling my son: "If you want to be rich and successful when you grow up..........then go to collage and study hard!!

edit on 23-4-2013 by GFDGFS because: none

edit on 23-4-2013 by GFDGFS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by DaTroof

All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own.

You mean kinda like what you just posted above?

Seems legit...

The problem is that no one started a thread praising him for what he posted!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

All I see is bitchin and moanin with no real solutions of his own. No wonder he's a grunt in a backwater town and not President of the United States.

You little punks that keep thinking us in "flyover country" are backwater clowns. You're ignorant to the extreme. Its stupid comments like this that make those of us that pay the price day to day detest you. We don't like you. You're small people. tiny. You're not smart. You're not tough. You're just angry and vile little self-centered little juice box/participation medal monkeys.

But thank you for ensuring the line between me and you is wide and clearly defined. We'll see. Shortly.
edit on 24-4-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by TrueBrit

Please explain how it is that this man is part of the status quo as it stands today? After all, the current status quo is "get the guns away from the people". His statements go AGAINST the stream of the people you would call his political masters. So please, explain what you mean?

Hey guess what........

Cops will enforce any law put in front of them regardless if they agree with the law or not. This guy giving lip service means nothing. He will be the first person putting cuffs on you and taking you down to the station because that is his job.

No, speedy. I've talked to my Co Sheriff and he will not enforce any law that violates the 2d amendment. Now, you're brit (I assume) so you don't know how things work here in the colonies; your ignorance of how we do stuff is understandable. Freedom and individual liberty. you brits should try it out. You might like it.

It's just the little things that make Americans point at you brits and laugh. You can't have a piggy bank because it might offend muslims. See? to us that's hilarious that you fall for that stuff. Willingly giving up your rights at the drop of a hat. Comedy gold.

Our sheriffs serve the people. Heck, I buy my co sheriff's dept pizza once a month to say "thank you." They understand that they are THE buffer between us and the federal government. Not to be taken lightly. We elect them. If a federal officer/agent steps foot in our county he has 0 jurisdiction. The sheriff is the law of the land. It's how it works here.

Don't like it? Well, then go start your own revolution. This country is ours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join